Da Buddha

nickzzzx

freeman dyson said:
how often does everyone clean their buddha parts? and how do you smoke kief in it? just sprinkle it in top of other grinded weed?
I wait a few months to clean my whip and replace the hose. I then take the wand hash and either smoke it or make edibles (combined with ABV Hash/oil) like brownies.

I put kief on top of the screen without compacting it or anything and it seems to stay put. I think this is because there is a decent amount of resin in the bowl area of the wand, causing the kief to kinda 'stick' to the screen. If you want to be anal i guess you could clump the kief together a little bit (just press it together lightly so it compacts). It really won't fall through the screen after that.
I turn the temp up to around 3 o'clock for kief. I usually use 1-2 o'clock for buds.

nickzzzx,

King Kong

i clean my bowl atleast once a month, i vape 1 to 2 grams a day, i wait til i have 50 to 60 grams of ABV bud to make cannabutter for 2 batches of brownies..

when i do keif bowls, i normally put the weed in then put the keif on top of the weed and get some majorly flavorful hits for the first 10 hits then i stir and get another 10+ hits.

Why would u put the temp higher for keif, your WASTEING it, if anything with keif you use a much lower temp so it all doesn't vape to fast...

King Kong,

LOCKSTOCK93

I'd agree with M.Kong on that one. Kief is best enjoyed at lower temperatures, not higher!

I use Purple Power glass cleaner (only on glass bits) and it cleans everything to the max. Great stuff.

Just drop your Glass whip into the solution, wait half an hour and then rinse it out with hot tap water and voila!

LOCKSTOCK93,

nickzzzx

LOCKSTOCK93 said:
I'd agree with M.Kong on that one. Kief is best enjoyed at lower temperatures, not higher!

I use Purple Power glass cleaner (only on glass bits) and it cleans everything to the max. Great stuff.

Just drop your Glass whip into the solution, wait half an hour and then rinse it out with hot tap water and voila!
You're right about the lower temperature for kief. What I meant by my post is that I start out at a lower temperature (12-2 o clock) and gradually increase the temperature to ensure that all the cannabinoids are being vaporized from the kief. CBN and CBD don't vaporize till about ~410-420 degrees farenheit, and I think that happens till about 3 o clock on the da buddha. I don't know the various compounds found in trichome glands(kief), but I've heard that it has the same cannabinoid profile as regular buds.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

@LOCKSTOCK93-
Have you ever smoked or eaten the resin that's built up inside the whip? They call it wand hash or vapor honey. It's pretty nice stuff, especially for being free...

nickzzzx,

LOCKSTOCK93

Absolutely!

I call it Second Hits, in reference to the "Second Drinks" mention made by Pam Beasley in the Dundies episode(season 2) of the Office.

Not as good as bud but very, very nice.

LOCKSTOCK93,

freeman dyson

I noticed my vaped bud is darker than it used to be. used to stay pretty green. now it is getting pretty dark brown. no combustion I dont think though. could this be from letting it idle too long between hits? temp too high? needs cleaning?

freeman dyson,

LOCKSTOCK93

It's probably that your screens are clogging. When less air can get through the screen the flow is slowed down and the wand/bud heats up.

It could be other things, but if you're keeping your temperature dial set to the same point and there is variance in the colour of your bud, it's likely time to pull that screen out and clean it a little.

(or buy some purple power and let it do the work for you!)

LOCKSTOCK93,

vape4health

I have to admit , I have been being lazy about cleaning the screen , I dont pull them out for just a screen cleaning ( I did but after a few times with the same screen I was having a hard time getting the screen back in ) so I just take the wand with an empty bowl and draw hot air thru it untill its back to working good . Its less of a cleaning and more of a quick fix to get it going again .

vape4health,

freeman dyson

i cleaned out everything and put in a new screen and the weed is lighter again. about how much do you guys pack anyway? half way?

freeman dyson,

Beezleb

freeman dyson said:
i cleaned out everything and put in a new screen and the weed is lighter again. about how much do you guys pack anyway? half way?
With the old wand, 1/2 way at least with the new wand, which is only new to me as I recently got one as I still had wands from when the original DBV released, and now 1/4 for myself to 1/2 way with two people or a needed bigger effect. With the newer wand, I do use less than the other wand. I like the new one but I got more draws off of the old wand but you use more product as well. The new tubing is much better than the old tubing. Hard to pull this one out as it is not stiff at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beezleb,

kelsec

Just a couple general questions..

Does the wand need to be removed after each toke to avoid vaporizing the herb?

Also, is the herb combusting if it smells vaguely of a toasty herb / burnt popcorn?

Edit: Beezleb's signature videos just answered my questions.

kelsec,

Beezleb

Awhile ago 7th floor changed their wands. I just decided to get another back up whip and this one was of the newer version since last time I got a wand it was older type.

Changing the screens were alot easier with the older wand but the older wand held more so their are trade offs. I dislike the changing of screens though.

Heres a video on the differences by tokin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Lomhls8J4

Beezleb,

kelsec

Do most DBV users keep their wand inserted into the vaporizer for extended periods of time? If, for example, you only take two or three tokes in one hour.. will you keep it attached for the entire hour?

kelsec,

toxicc

E11001420
I sometimes leave it in there for around 10 minutes, i never had left it for much more than that, but my friend does have left it in there for like an hour on his da buddha and he told me that he didn't have any problem with it. I personally would prefer not to let it in there for extended periods like an hour, tho.

toxicc,

Beezleb

kelsec said:
Do most DBV users keep their wand inserted into the vaporizer for extended periods of time? If, for example, you only take two or three tokes in one hour.. will you keep it attached for the entire hour?
I do see this as "possibly" more of the issue with wands now versus the original. If I leave the wand sit for even a moment or so I will see vapor come out of the wand however I think this has to do with the wand not being cleared and sitting. I have not done any type of test or anything.

I do not really let my wand sit. I use what I put in wand and typically if it does sit it, it is only for a few minutes or so while I am doing something.

Beezleb,

LOCKSTOCK93

I like to pull my wand out when I use the vaporizer, but that's a little bit personal for a forum like this...

HA

I have noticed vapor trails from my wand when i leave it in the dbv, so i like to remove it. Keep in mind that the tip is hot and that your bud could spill - one spilled bowl equals a lot of lost vapors!

LOCKSTOCK93,

King Kong

This is how i personally hit the da buddha, i found it works great with 1 person, and great with 2 people hitting..

i have a "old" bowl from about 2 years ago, i fill up the bowl, attach it, hit it about 5-8 times holding 20+ seconds per hit, remove the bowl, stir, re attach bowl, hit 5-8 more times, remove bowl, stir, turn the temp up a little bit, re attach bowl, repeat removing/stir/turn up temp a little until there's no visible vapor on the exhale without combusting the bowl..

i average almost 20 hits per bowl, sometimes more depending on the amount and the dryness of the herbs

And btw the weed will not fall out of the bowl as long as u dont breath into the wand, so you dont have to remove it in between hits.. The only time my bowl ever gets disconnected is to stir or refill the bowl...

thats why its called "Hands Free"..

King Kong,

kelsec

Has anyone purchased a water filter for your SSV or DBV? I'm thinking about buying one but I see more people talking about ice chambers... the water filters seem smaller and easier to handle, not to mention you don't need ice.

kelsec,

freeman dyson

so weed isnt actualy being vaped unless you are sucking on it? like if i take a hit and then leave it there for a while at the same temp, the bowl wont get vaped?

freeman dyson,

max

Out to lunch
I wouldn't leave it a long time. Food cooks on low, and well as medium and high. It just takes longer.

max,

King Kong

i would say it would be fine staying connected without inhaling for a few minutes, the longest ive ever left it without inhaling on it would be like 3 or 4 minutes, but the longer it sits there without u hitting it the more stale tasting the hits get..

King Kong,

freeman dyson

i seem to be going through a lot of herb. maybe i just vape a lot. certainly not as wasteful as a bong but da buddha isnt the most efficient either.

freeman dyson,
Top Bottom