Da Buddha

Beezleb

freeman dyson said:
do you guys stir? like do do vape a bowl and then pull it out and stir it to get more vape out of it? does this work?
Yes. This does not work like combustion but via hot air, stirring it between every few draws exposes more herb to the vaporizing process. Read the DBV and you will be enlightened.

Beezleb,

freeman dyson

read the dbv? you mean this thread? and i never stir. i have probably wasted a lot. i am going to start

freeman dyson,

DR5595

What do black dbv owners set there temp at?

I used to set my silver dbv at around 2 oclock but that is way too high on my black one

DR5595,

vape4health

DR5595 said:
What do black dbv owners set there temp at?

I used to set my silver dbv at around 2 oclock but that is way too high on my black one
I seen the same thing but I didnt think about one being silver and one black but I see the black one running hotter too . ???

vape4health,

blaze140

I set my Black DBV at around between 12 and 1 o'clock. Then I slowly increase the temp when I notice the herb is not hitting too hard or I might just breathe in slower at a lower temperature. I tend to just breathe in slower at lower temps because I keep the vaped herb and smoke it.

blaze140,

aero18

vaporist
It doesn't matter what the color of the outer shell is (black or unpainted) in regard to the temperature the unit can reach. Each unit comes with its own dial and corresponding temperatures. The temperatures are not standardized.

The dial can be different on 100 different models. That's why it takes some initial experimentation to work out the particular temperature settings.

aero18,

max

Out to lunch
aero18 said:
The temperatures are not standardized.
The temp range IS standardized. It's the dial settings that aren't, which I'm sure is what you mean. All the units turn on at the same point (only variance would be a slight difference in one temp control vs. another), but the marker on the dial can be sitting anywhere. It could appear that a particular unit is turning on at noon instead of the normal setting of approx. 7. All you have to do is pull the knob off and reposition it so the 'turn on point' is where you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
max,

oneone

New here, I just got my DBV vaporizer today, can't wait to try it out. This thread convinced me to go with the DBV, thanks guys.

oneone,

Snuff

FEAR420, I cant make a video now, but in action the new DBV almost the same as the original.

Full bowl capacity is 0.05 g, but you can load 0.025 g.

Snuff,

FEAR420

FEAR420,

Snuff

The disc is a heat exchanger. It gets very hot and this allows to inhale in a wide range of velocities without a significant reduction in temperature.

Snuff,

FEAR420

Snuff said:
The disc is a heat exchanger. It gets very hot and this allows to inhale in a wide range of velocities without a significant reduction in temperature.
That is AWESOME MAN!!!! You definitely need to present this to 7TH FLR and see what they say.

FEAR420,

Snuff

The new wand and other parts of this construction are very expensive, so there is no chances it will be put into production.

You can only hope that 7th floor someday will make an upgrade kit for DBV with a small wand or you have to do it yourself.

Snuff,
Reactions: AllanRR

marbleman65

So after I get my DBV to the right operating temp and take a hit or two I often (cause I am mellow at this point) just let the wand with the herb sit in the heater cover without turning the temp down? My question is am I doing harm to the herb? I assume by letting it sit in the heater cover that the herb is getting dried out? Is that the case? Someone said that if I am not toking on it that it doesnt get dried out? That the only heat that passes thru the herb is only when toking? Any thoughts from my fellow vapeheads?

marbleman65,

marbleman65

I was looking at Dabuddhas website for an attachment for my bong? The prices there are ok, but I then went to my local headshop and for $6 they had a simple 4"x 3/8"glass tube that connects to the whip then into the bong. Very cheap and very effective!! Besides passing along that lil money saving advice my main question is that I find vaping with my bong but instead of putting water in it? I put ice in the tube or in last nights case i packed it with snow!! Very cool looking and cool toking! Does anyone else agree that allowing the vapor to pass thru ice or snow to cool it down gives much more smoother,milkier and more potent hits?

marbleman65,

wutgwon

Yesterday the inevitable happened, a first time vaper blew back some bud into the heater! :mad: I waited for it to cool down, took off the heater cover, then turned it upside-down to remove all the remaining stuff. Now there's a little black mark on the heater. How do I clean it, if it's possible to clean the ceramic part?

wutgwon,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
wutgwon said:
Yesterday the inevitable happened, a first time vaper blew back some bud into the heater! :mad: I waited for it to cool down, took off the heater cover, then turned it upside-down to remove all the remaining stuff. Now there's a little black mark on the heater. How do I clean it, if it's possible to clean the ceramic part?
I was wondering about this, I know some people prefer not too have metal in their air path, but wouldn't a screen like the one in the Extreme (Elbow Screen, Dome Shaped) fit into the wand end?
I am guessing that the whip for this vape is the same size as the elbow piece of the Extreme? if so their little dome screen should fit. This would prevent herb hitting the heating element if accidently blown into.
And you wouldn't have too worry about the screen getting all gunked up because it is positioned before the herb in the air path.
My boss has stopped using his VaporBros whip with his VB, and now uses his spare Extreme whip and cyclone bowl on his VB. The reason behind this is he is tired of herb falling down against the heating part. The Cyclone bowl adds a screen before and holds it away from the HE. So I am working under the assumption that the DBV might use a 18mm piece as well, if so, the dome screen could potentially fit.

now I am not saying that is something that should be done full time, just whenever you have someone over who isn't used too using the DBV. Nice too have the assurance that herb wont be blown into the heating element.

DevoTheStrange,

vape4health

Anyone have the post that holds the heater get a bit of wiggle to it . The glass and the heater are still moving as one but whatever holds all of it up the bottom of the metal it getting loose , I think it has to do with the 3 screws or whatever them screws go into . Time for some fixin .

Edit : This is not something that just happened , the DBV that I'm talking about took something like a 3000 mile road trip and was being used non-stop , dogs knocking it around and everthing . Something was bound to happen . I'm kinda impressed how it did for that much abuse .

vape4health,

Kogut

I've pulled the glass up and accidentally had the metal ring at the bottom come with it. It wasn't anything that simply pushing it back down wouldn't fix. If your actual base is loose, then maybe tightening it down is a good idea.

Kogut,

desert88

Ive been researching vapes, and after reading this thread decided I want to get a DBV. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get a decent discount on one?

desert88,

freeman dyson

how often does everyone clean their buddha parts? and how do you smoke kief in it? just sprinkle it in top of other grinded weed?

freeman dyson,
Top Bottom