Da Buddha

VaporBud

hey man glad to hear you are happy with your DB. I should have mine next week :peace:

VaporBud,

mempf

mindtruck said:
MrMistyTokes said:
yo mines like this too
Thanks for the responses. Its a bit of a relief to see that im not the only one who has lines on the element.

Anyone notice the metallic smell/taste i mentioned? It alarmed me because I noticed it along with the realization that the line had become quite large. After i clear the wand by drawing in a bit of hot air it leaves a strange aluminum taste in my mouth (the only way i can really describe it). Definitely different than the clean taste it had a few months ago. Could simply be the wand, hose, screen, my mouth ect.

I'm not trying to tarnish this vapes rep (still easily recommended over others), just trying to get wise to whats up.

I have not had good experiences with vaporizer customer support in general (nature of the beast) but Ill let you know when I get a response from 7th floor.
Thanks again.:peace:
I have had my Da Buddha for under a week and have noticed something similar on mine. However there is no metallic taste or any other negative impact.

I am just concerned about what exactly these marks are. They do not rub off, yet I can not seem to feel mine, so it's not a crack or anything.

mempf,

tuttle

mempf said:
I am just concerned about what exactly these marks are. They do not rub off, yet I can not seem to feel mine, so it's not a crack or anything.
From the Silver Surfer site:
The SSV's heater is made by printing a resistor on a sheet of aluminum ceramic. This is then rolled into a rod and sintered into one solid piece.
My guess is that the line you are seeing is the seam from rolling the heating element before sintering. The ceramic heaters that I have seen all have this seam, so I wouldn't be too worried.

tuttle,

mempf

tuttle said:
mempf said:
From the Silver Surfer site:
The SSV's heater is made by printing a resistor on a sheet of aluminum ceramic. This is then rolled into a rod and sintered into one solid piece.
My guess is that the line you are seeing is the seam from rolling the heating element before sintering. The ceramic heaters that I have seen all have this seam, so I wouldn't be too worried.
No I am not talking about the seam. The seam is a very straight feel-able indent in the ceramic. I am talking about a grey kinda jagged line that runs mostly in the area of the ceramic that gets hot. When the ceramic is glowing hot these faint grey lines stand out and glow a little brighter than the surroundings.

mempf,

tuttle

It is possible you have contaminants - finger oil, dirt, metal powder resulting from the insertion of the heater into the bushing that holds it. They use the same material to make sharpening stones (which is why it can pick up metal traces when inserted into the bushing), the sharpening stone companies recommend cleaning them with powered abrasive cleaner (Comet, Bon Ami, etc.) and a nylon or non-metallic scouring pad, but I have no idea how this would work on a heater, or if it is even worth it. It seems a magic eraser would work well, but you are introducing all other sorts of nasties by doing so (melamine)

tuttle,

mindtruck

UPDATE: I called 7th floor a few weeks ago and explained my situation to them. Since then they shipped me a new element, which was very easy to install. I didn't' realize that this device was so simple. :) thanks for all the helpful advice.

They told me that they didn't' have any idea what it could be, and asked me to send my element back to them with the return sticker they included.

Whatever it was (circuit showing through?) was the source of a horrible stinging metallic taste and odor. My advice is to call them and talk to them if you a problem, they were very cool about it.

They only downer is that it left my hose tasting super funky, but that's easy to fix.
Its not the seam, like you said MEMPF, its a spotty grey line that grows over time, so just keep an eye on it and see if it spreads or grows. What you describe does sound like my problem.

Good pure vapor now, the 7th floor guarantee isn't just jive-talk.
Peace

mindtruck,

VaporBud

My buddha just arrived yay :D

Just had a few hit's of ak47 gives big vapor hit's, taste good and i already love this after owning it for like 20min's.

Will have to play with it some to form more of a overall opinion.

VaporBud

This thing is smashing me up ah.

Being using the iolite for the last few months as my primary vape as i sold my aromed and must be that i have become use to the thinner vapor as i cant believe how good this thing vape's with such small amount's and getting real good vapor comparable to the aromed.

The aromed is much better for lager amounts and groups but on small amount's Da Buddha come's into it's own.

VaporBud,
I've had my DBV for a week now, and am absolutely thrilled with it. Thanks to this forum for convincing me this was the best vape in my budget range. You all were so right. I'm in loooove!
My carrying bag is also really neat--don't know about the ones I've read about here, but mine is dark chocolate brown hemp, wonderfully well padded, and just beautiful.

DJDIZZY

Picking one up in the next few weeks. I also have a 250ml EHLE on order. My question is are there any recommendations on the 14mm adaptor I need to use the EHLE with it. I saw that I can buy one from the SSV site but what are you using? Thanks!

DJDIZZY,

DJDIZZY

Anyone??? Picking up the Buddha on Sat so would love some input on the above post. Thanks!

DJDIZZY,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
DJDIZZY said:
Anyone??? Picking up the Buddha on Sat so would love some input on the above post. Thanks!
The 7th floor one's are fine. That's what I use. They are also the cheapest you'll find online IMO. There's is another adapter for sell from the guys who make the vapor bro called an hydrator I believe but he wanted more $$ then 7th floor last time i checked. Worst case just stick the tubing in. Anyways an adapter is an adapter , don't overthink it.

Skunkypete,

DJDIZZY

Thanks for the reply. i just thought there might be more custom options out there that people might be using. Will pick up the one from 7th Floor.

DJDIZZY,

xantichristx

Yep I have had my DBV for a month now. and ran 15 grms through it in a months time ,now thats conservation, Very happy with it. You don't even now how awsome it is until you run out of herb and just have to look at it and the smell ,my wand even the carring case has that lovely smell I could use that hemp pouch case as an scented pillow if I wanted too. also a shout out to TokinGLX, his youtube vids sold me on vaporizing and on the DBV. Thanks man for christmas I will be asking for the green Silver Surfer.

xantichristx,

DJDIZZY

Picked up the DBV on Sat. Still playing with getting the right temp. I am still getting some black material at the 1230 position. Not too sure if I am drawing too slowly as it mentions that in the instructions that this might cause combustion as well...

I really see this vape being the perfect match for me along with the PD. I use the PD mostly during the week after work and then will using the DBV for weekend vaping.

How do you guys load your DBV? I was pinching some and loading it but then I started using the PD tubes to load so I can compare the amount I am smoking with each. So far I like 2 tubes if I'm using the PD and 3 tubes worth in the DBV for the "couch lock" effect.

I also just ordered the water adapter for the EHLE. It's already a perfect fit for the PD, but I can't wait for some cooool monster hits thru that!:o

DJDIZZY,

DJDIZZY

max said:
3 tubes worth in the DBV for the "couch lock" effect.
That would come with a higher temp, not just more in the bowl.
Funny you mention that. I see it taking a while before I get the whole temp thing down. I thought I noticed a difference in how high I was with the lower temps compared to the higher temps. There were other factors as well I'm sure but look forward to dialing in the correct temps.

EDIT: Back to the loading question. How are you guys loading the wand. Are you "packing" it in there at all? When you put the wand in the DBV does some of the material fall to the side of the wand and not stay on the screen? Thanks!

DJDIZZY,

WesWeed

Just got my DBV in today. Ordered through VapeNow, which gave me GREAT customer service--I emailed them and they wrote back to me within 15 minutes. Also included a free t-shirt, which isn't half bad looking.

Came with two sections of tubing, a great carry bag with tons of padding and pouches, mouthpiece, whip, screens...perfect.

Things that could be better:

1. Some kind of pre-wash on the bag so it doesn't get lint all over the glass. Not a big issue, and the anodized parts don't get lint, but the inner aluminum parts and the glass do. Cleaned out with a damp towel, looks fine.

2. Shipping the screens in a little baggy, not under tape, so that they don't have tape residue on them.

Other than that...this thing is perfect. Seems much smaller than I remember the SSV being, looks and feels durable as hell, already preheated it to clean it off and it has a perfectly reasonable warm-up time.

I'm already a fan.

WesWeed,

Yukon Cornelius

On a related note, I sent my Da Buddha back to the warehouse for repair/exchange. Not particularly good news, but hopefully I will be chillin' with a healthy Buddha in the next week! Wish me luck...

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy Da Buddha accessories/parts? I was thinking about getting a replacement wand, just in case. The only place I found them were on the Da Buddha site and Tokin's page.

Yukon Cornelius,

Beezleb

Order right from 7th floor and have it shipped in the package back to you with your repaired budhha and save on shipping cost.

Beezleb,

Yukon Cornelius

Yeah that would have been a great idea, but I sent it back to the guys at Vapeworld. I guess I should have clarified that haha.

I initially contacted 7th floor, but they recommended that I contact Vapeworld first concerning the warranty.

Yukon Cornelius,

Beezleb

You can have them add to it from vapworld the same for a regular wand and tube. I didnt see any extra screens though but I would ask them. The saving on shipping if you can rig it will likely be more than any difference in price from one site compared to another in my opinion.

If you want custom piece I would go with Tokin's Vapes

Beezleb,
Top Bottom