Da Buddha

cluffy

Vaker
philly_artist said:
I definitely underestimated how good a high from vaping could be. The couple hits I got yesterday ranked easily with the intense long highs that I've felt only after eating brownies and thats after having 2 or 3. Also the lack of hot air or discomfort by inhaling the vape makes me convinced I won't feel anything from this - until I get that instinct to cough and the clearer taste of the weed. I noticed yeserday too that the after buzz is very pleasant and simply fades away without making me feel tired. I'm experimenting today by having a bit smaller amount though yesterday I had only used about a chunk the size of my thumbnail. This is just one more great thing to be thankful for and am looking forward to having a great dinner tonight with friends in the city. :brow::brow::brow:
Tokin suggests this method, which I use when I remember to... Take a full lungful, hold for as long as you're comfortable then let HALF out. Inhale fresh air on top of the half lungful of vapor then hold again. Exhale when comfortable...

It works.

cluffy,

2clicker

Observer
lately ive been getting a few good hits from .1g

usually will use .2g if wife is puffing also

dialed in around 1oclock seems to work well

after using this for a while now it makes me wonder... the temp for vaporizing THC is lower than the temp to combust the plant material, but what is the temp for combustion of the THC itself?

2clicker,

cluffy

Vaker
2clicker, I highly recommend the ssv type HC and a mini whip to conserve. I like to stir before every hit, then when it hits no more crank it up an hour.

here's how to order: (I always wanted to say that...)
"If you'd like an SSV heater cover for your DBV, just go ahead and order
an SSV heater cover on this page
http://www.silversurfervap.com/heater_covers.htm
When the comments box comes up just go ahead and request that we fit the
heater cover to your Buddha, and we will get that made for you as soon
as we can. This order will most likely take about 14 business days to
complete as our glassblowers have a large work load."

got the mini whip from http://www.vaporbrothers.com/pages/products/whips.html

I forgot what else I had to say...

Last edited by a moderator:
cluffy,

max

Out to lunch
the temp for vaporizing THC is lower than the temp to combust the plant material, but what is the temp for combustion of the THC itself?
For all practical purposes it's the same. The vaping temp for THC is lower than that of quite a few other cannabinoids, so, assuming good heat coverage, your THC is long gone before the temp is high enough to leave your herb remains a medium brown shade.

max,

deadhead90

it popped off when my wand got stuck (which i got off) and now i cant get the heater cover to stay on when i put wy wand in. it falls forward then out. please help my i just got it like 3 days ago and i freaking out cause i cant get this shit on and use it

deadhead90,

2clicker

Observer
the heater covers on the DBVs have a lil shim that keeps it on there tight. if you popped off the heater cover the shim may have just fallen out in the DBV... somewhere around the heater itself?

if the shim isnt in place i could see how this may cause your cover fall forward and out.

2clicker,

cluffy

Vaker
i emailed ya, but here's what it looks like:
29dwbqu.jpg
let me know if you want me to mail it to ya.

cluffy,

cluffy

Vaker
Put that piece on Da Buddha first, then push the HC down over it. (sorry if you've already tried this.) If that doesn't work you'll have to figure out something or contact 7th floor...

cluffy,

2clicker

Observer
i ordered some tubing and a couple of more marble picks from 7th Floor and they arrived today. in the notes portion of the order i requested a couple more of the shims that hold the heater cover on... and they obliged (thanks 7th floor!). but this time the shim must have been just a hair too big because i broke my heater cover trying to re-install it on the new shim and heater. the original shim was really small compared to every other DBV ive ever seen that why i asked for a new one. it looked as if the shim that came on my DBV was only a 1/4 of the size of the others. so here i am sliding the heater cover back on and then it got tighter than the other, but i assumed this was normal as i had specifically requested a DBV shim... and pop! the front bottom half of the HC popped off. the HC is in 2 pieces (not shattered).

anyway, the reason for the post was to ask if anyone thinks that i have a reasonable request to ask for a new heater cover from them...?

wanted to see what others thought before i ask

thanks

2clicker,

Eemak

Hey all

I just recently had a heater cover break. I had been hitting the vape, sat down to chill and about 3 mins later I heard a crack. I went to check the vape and saw the heater cover had broken down the bottom of the cover.

I sent 7th floor an email explaining, recieved a response from jessie the next day, they are now sending me a replacement.

As a note, I have found the customer service from 7th floor to be excellent, both when I first ordered my DBV and now with this issue.

Eemak,

Beezleb

Sorry for your issue Eemak. Thanks for commenting on the customer service of 7th floor.

Beezleb,

2clicker

Observer
Eemak said:
Hey all

I just recently had a heater cover break. I had been hitting the vape, sat down to chill and about 3 mins later I heard a crack. I went to check the vape and saw the heater cover had broken down the bottom of the cover.

I sent 7th floor an email explaining, recieved a response from jessie the next day, they are now sending me a replacement.

As a note, I have found the customer service from 7th floor to be excellent, both when I first ordered my DBV and now with this issue.
Jessie told me that my 30 day replacement warranty was up and they couldnt replace my heater cover...:(

having said that, 7th floor has been great when it comes to getting orders ready and shipping them. ive ordered a few times since getting the vape and every time is very quick.

1 thing i would love to see 7th Floor make is a smaller heater cover and wand for Da Buddha. I know you can buy an SSV cover and then get the mini wands from VapeBros, but its not hands free then. it would be awesome to see 7th Floor make a smaller version of their Da Buddha covers and wands... for conservation purposes.

2clicker,

BongTumor

Hey guys check out my pokeys I bought in Guanajuato Mexico.

28vu2ky.jpg

2vacg2v.jpg

30lc85j.jpg

There like 4 1/2 inches big and work very well. Made out of bone so i bet they are fragile, but thats why i bought 2. Cost was about 3 bucks for both. They look nicer than the metal/bead ones in my opinion!

I was looking out for things that could be used as toking tools. Then i remembered i had broken my pick and found these! Also found a wooden pipe that looks decent, but i think there meant for tobacco cause the bowl is waaayyy to big and it seems like itll get clogged quick. I still bought it though.

BongTumor,

hhdub3

Hey all. I'm new to the forum and vaping in general. After a lot of reading, I am all but sure that I will be buying a DBV.

I have just one question before ordering, though. In some of the videos/photos I have seen while reading about the DBV I noticed the glass at the end of the whip that connects to the vaporizer is often brown. If there is no smoke coming through, why does the glass turn brown? I don't mean to suggest that the DBV is flawed in any way; I'm sure it probably happens to others as well. And when I used a friend's Volcano, I noticed that the bag had gone a bit brown too. It was faint, but there was definitely a brown tint, especially compared to a new bag.

So why does the glass go brown if there's no carbons coming through? I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered. I did search first.

Thanks for any help with this question.
-H.

hhdub3,

hhdub3

Thanks Lo for the link. I read through it and bookmarked for later.

So, and pardon me if this is a dumb question, how does the resin that I am seeing in the DBV differ from the brown you see in bongs, pipes etc.? It it that the brown in bongs is from smoke/carbons while the brown in the DBV is resin from the dried vapor? And if the vapor leaves a resin, how is that safer for your lungs than the crappy stuff that comes through bongs/pipes?

Don't mean to be bothersome. I am trying to find the least toxic way to enjoy cannabis.

Thanks again.
-H.

hhdub3,

2clicker

Observer
hhdub3 said:
Thanks Lo for the link. I read through it and bookmarked for later.

So, and pardon me if this is a dumb question, how does the resin that I am seeing in the DBV differ from the brown you see in bongs, pipes etc.? It it that the brown in bongs is from smoke/carbons while the brown in the DBV is resin from the dried vapor? And if the vapor leaves a resin, how is that safer for your lungs than the crappy stuff that comes through bongs/pipes?

Don't mean to be bothersome. I am trying to find the least toxic way to enjoy cannabis.

Thanks again.
-H.
the brown or resin from smoking devices includes all the tar, carbon, and a whatever other nasty stuff is in smoke.

the brown/resin from vaping consists of warm vapor sticking to the cooler inside surface of the wand. it also contains small bits of plant matter that make its way past the screen. for the most part though its concentrated THC. much cleaner and more potent than any resin produced from smoking. its safer because there is no plant matter to produce the tar and carbon etc... the THC itself will not produce this.

oh and after you yield some wand hash make sure to vape it instead of smoking it. it last much much longer when vaped. it just keeps going and going...

enjoy your DBV... youll love it

Last edited by a moderator:
2clicker,

hhdub3

Thanks 2clicker for your reply. It clears things up for me. I appreciate it.

Take care,
H.

hhdub3,

BongTumor

Just curious.

How do you guys vaporize small amoutns of kief? What i been doing is just loading the kief into the vaporizer bowl. No compressing, all loose and stuff, but alot of it seems to obviously get stuck in the screen. Is there a better way to vape kief?

BongTumor,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
BongTumor said:
Just curious.

How do you guys vaporize small amoutns of kief? What i been doing is just loading the kief into the vaporizer bowl. No compressing, all loose and stuff, but alot of it seems to obviously get stuck in the screen. Is there a better way to vape kief?
Usually it is either pressed into a hash or used to top a bowl. Use a thin layer of herb and top it with kief. No more stuck screen :)

toxicc

E11001420
Right, or use a small amount of abv (already been vaped herb) and put the kif on top of it if you don't want to spend fresh herb.

toxicc,

2clicker

Observer
ive got a whole separate whip/wand setup just for wand hash and kief and dont worry much about the screen. and then pappy linked us to these screens... they are for the extreme q elbow, but will fit in the end of the DBV wand. they look like they can be installed and removed very easily so maybe ill just use one of these for the hash and kief. and just pop it on my reg wand when needed. then take it out when done.

http://www.vaporizerkits.com/products/Arizer-Mesh-Screen-Pack.html

they also would allow for smaller amounts of herbs to be used with the DBV efficiently.

2clicker,

toxicc

E11001420
That's right that arizer's elbow screen in buddha's wand is great for vaping a little kif or small quantity of herb. Also, i personally preffer arizer's glass mouthpiece as it is small enough to be able to hold it with your lips (handfree), and i preffer it's shape for appearance and usability.

toxicc,
Top Bottom