Da Buddha versus Extreme Q (Side-by-Side Comparison)

Pappy

shmaporist
DAY 2: Preliminary Conclusions
1) DBV will produce milkier clouds than EQV regardless of temperature or technique.
2) EQV will produce approximately 25% more whip hits than DBV per gram.
3) EQV has a cleaner screen and glass system (less particulates) than DBV.
4) A EQV "Elbow Load" pales in comparison to DBV's normal hit.
5) Only DBV offers instant gratification... No warm up or coddling.
6) If you're into phallic symbols, inserting DBV's wand into its heat cover is like vape fucking! :lol:

Pappy,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Jimi Hendrix Experience opened for The Monkees in Forest Hills, just about a mile from scenic Knish Nosh.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
MJ Weber - I know that name. There was a connection with Dylan around the time of Planet Waves.

jeffp,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Durden...what hose piece is that that you have? I am trying to figure out the best way to hook my E up to a water pipe...basically like what you have done, but I want to find a smaller water pipe.

finchrock24,

Pappy

shmaporist
Durden said:
Gotta disagree with 1 and 4 from my own experience. Only issue I have with the E is that you only pack .15 in the elbow which means you have to repack frequently (and tubing but thats another discussion). I get between 2 and 3 solid hits like the one shown below at 205-220, with a high burn at 245 with the fan on afterwards sometimes. DBV can hold a lot more which changes things, but beyond the packing and convenience issues (and taste) I can get similarly dense hits in my E as the VHW, just much less frequently.

http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/Vicarius/?action=view&current=MOV00268-1.flv
Nice setup! Not quite an even playing field compared with stock equipment but I'll grant you that was a milky cloud. But how long did you have to let the EQ warmup and percolate? After an initial 2-3 minute warmup period DBV offers on demand bowls all day. Today I did 3 .2g bowls in DBV yielding 16-18 hits. At least 12 of them were as milky as the cloud in your video. You just can't get that kind of instant gratification from from a EQV. The point I was trying to make is I feel DBV's wand is preferable to to EQV's elbow.

Frankly, I prefer .5g cyclone bowls in the EQV. After 15 minutes of warmup and percolation the EQV yields 18 hits at between 205 and 230c, 12 or 14 pretty milky. Do you use the cyclone bowl? If not, why not?

Pappy,

the electrician

Pappy said:
Frankly, I prefer .5g cyclone bowls in the EQV. After 15 minutes of warmup and percolation the EQV yields 18 hits at between 205 and 230c, 12 or 14 pretty milky. Do you use the cyclone bowl? If not, why not?
this implies around 2 hits per 0.05g. however with a different set up you can achieve far more, while not being restricted to the higher temperatures. you should expect at least double that

with the extreme your options for making a custom bowl to suit your needs are more varied and accessible than da buddha (though not impossible by any means). that in itself is a huge bonus in my experience, albeit limited

furthermore we cant forget that you can use the extreme in the style of a heat gun for total destruction. theres a guy on here called nosmoke i think who once attested to the power. the extreme is pretty light to boot. for this application i see da buddha proving too cumbersome

the electrician,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ the electrician > Thanks! I'm still learning. I'd like to get more out of the EQV (I think it's an awesome machine) but it does has a high learning curve. I'm reading through the whole EQV thread. I'm on page 16 now and haven't posted there much because I'm still assimilating it.

I know you advocate vaping at lower temps (175-195) on the EQV but I haven't had luck vaking that low. Perhaps one day I'll get the hang of it.

Pappy,

stinac

Pappy said:
DAY 2: Preliminary Conclusions
1) DBV will produce milkier clouds than EQV regardless of temperature or technique.
2) EQV will produce approximately 25% more whip hits than DBV per gram.
of course you will get more hits because air ratio is higher.DBV is more efficient than herbalaire, and herbalaire is more efficient then E. More hits doesnt mean greater efficiency, lower temp on budda = more hits. And how do you know that DBV and EQV were on same temp during your hit test?
If you got few hits of ABV from EQV with DBV, what does it mean ? :lol:
stupid thread, FUCK YEA!

stinac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
stinac...a clear violation of the 'be nice' rule. If this is how you are going to treat newbies, then don't post. This guy admits he is new to vaping and has two new units to compare and share about. No one on this forum has a lab to do the temp tests you are referencing. The only way we figure anything out here is to try it out and report. You could have made the same points without the ridicule.

stickstones,

Pappy

shmaporist
Yesterday I went back to DBV. These vapes couldn't be more different. Hit the DBV, stir, hold whip between hits, 5-6 hit on .2g, brief vape sessions. Looks like I'll have to clean both DBV wands and replace the screens again today. 3-4 days and they get pretty hashy!

This morning I did a .5g cyclone bowl of Train Wreck in the EQV and got 21 hits (without fan assist) on 200 -230c. I'd been using fan assist and I think that 's what led to my initial complaint about EQV being harsher on my throat. With the fan on it is! Better without fan IMO and perhaps more efficient.

Pappy,

Beezleb

Comparisons from different people are not really a good comparison as the product is likely different being used. .5g of mids is not the same .5g of high quality. Also the temperature variation has been noted by others.

I do not really see this as a genuine comparison thread but more of an individual discussing their experience and thoughts on using each of the vaporizers. For that, I like it and hope to see more discussion on it. Its not really about what vape has a bigger dick but the discussion may assist someone with a decision that best suits them.

We are not scientist and we do not have labs and specialized equipment designed for scientific answers. Remember, this is not a scientific journal.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
beez...you've come a long way, my friend! I can honestly say that I don't think I could have seen you dropping a dick joke six months ago. And that was a good one! In my house, the vape with the biggest dick is definitely the SSV.

pappy...as beez hints at, there are a shitton of variables that go into the vapor experience. To name a few off the top of my head (and this is by no means an exhaustive list), herb quality, temp of vape, speed of airflow, size of hit, how long the hit was held...and none of this addresses defferent vaproizers!

At this point, I tend to think of my vapes in terms of perceived high achieved, how it was achieved, and how much it took to get there. With these variables, I can say that my PD gets me just as high as any other vape, but it takes longer...and I might not get as high just because I quit using it before that 4th bowl. My SSV gets me higher than anything I have and it does it quick! But I will go through more herb because I am either getting higher all the time and/or I am wasting herb by exhaling a lot of unabsorbed thc (and raising my tolerance). I like to have both so I can use the PD when times are tough and I can use the SSV when times are plenty or if I'm just in a hurry!

I say all this only because I find your experience interesting, but not helped by the hit count. I am more interested in which units you perceive to be more efficient, potent, etc.

stickstones,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol.... Well the vape with the biggest dick in my house is also the SSV. Sshhh - don't tell my husband :D

Lo,

Pappy

shmaporist
Lo said:
Lol.... Well the vape with the biggest dick in my house is also the SSV. Sshhh - don't tell my husband :D
Don't I know you through Wanda?

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
stickstones said:
beez...you've come a long way, my friend! I can honestly say that I don't think I could have seen you dropping a dick joke six months ago. And that was a good one! In my house, the vape with the biggest dick is definitely the SSV.

pappy...as beez hints at, there are a shitton of variables that go into the vapor experience. To name a few off the top of my head (and this is by no means an exhaustive list), herb quality, temp of vape, speed of airflow, size of hit, how long the hit was held...and none of this addresses defferent vaproizers!

At this point, I tend to think of my vapes in terms of perceived high achieved, how it was achieved, and how much it took to get there. With these variables, I can say that my PD gets me just as high as any other vape, but it takes longer...and I might not get as high just because I quit using it before that 4th bowl. My SSV gets me higher than anything I have and it does it quick! But I will go through more herb because I am either getting higher all the time and/or I am wasting herb by exhaling a lot of unabsorbed thc (and raising my tolerance). I like to have both so I can use the PD when times are tough and I can use the SSV when times are plenty or if I'm just in a hurry!

I say all this only because I find your experience interesting, but not helped by the hit count. I am more interested in which units you perceive to be more efficient, potent, etc.
Firstly, thanks sticks, for running interference ^. To answer you question (I'm smoking sativa so I can :lol:) I'm beginning to favor EQV over DBV but obviously each has strengths and weaknesses.

Proviso... I'm still mastering how to toke EQV with my "blues harmonica" method -- which gives me more inhalation options than DBV's "fast vs slow" inhale option. Translation... I toke EQV like, I dunno, I imagine a Pasha would toke a hookah, in and out of my my lungs, nostrils, mouth, and asshole... Very nice aftereffect! :D

Until today I was using fan assisted shots. I think I prefer manual tokes, but I'll get back to you on that.

Pertaining to (EQV) temperatures and strains I've been very explicit. Temp-wise, on DBV after preheating for 3 minutes I start @ 12 o'colock and work my way up to 1, 2, 3 o'c over the next few hits.

Pappy,

Beezleb

Pappy, realize on the DBV 12 oclock for you might be 1 oclock or 11 oclock for someone else. Typically the temperatures knobs are not standard from one vape to another. I believe this is true with most analog vapes.

Beezleb,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Don't I know you through Wanda?
lol, Don't think so. Unless my SSV Wanda (:D) has been keeping secrets from me. Happy to have you hear though!!

Lo,

Pappy

shmaporist
Beezleb said:
Pappy, realize on the DBV 12 oclock for you might be 1 oclock or 11 oclock for someone else. Typically the temperatures knobs are not standard from one vape to another. I believe this is true with most analog vapes.
Thanks, beez. I do realize that. Although 12 o'clock seems to be the de facto starting point for most on DBV forum.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm sad to report I sold my Extreme Q. I'm a victim of karma. As much as I love my EQV I use my Da Buddha 8 out of 10 days or 75% of the time. DBV is like my wife and EQV my mistress. I love them both but I'm a wand man at heart and that is DBV's greatest strength.

This has no bearing on why I sold, however. I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. I'm getting more than I paid for EQV since I bought it wholesale. I put it up on Amazon when I bought in April, forgot about it, then lo and behold, it sold today! And I need a MFLB because I'm going to NYC for my Birthday... Pappy's gonna be 64!

Pappy,
Modnote: Thread merged.

Arizer Extreme Q VS. Da Buddha

Hello all,
This is my first post here on FC, but I've been a member of GC for a while now. I recently just purchased my first vape, a MFLB, and I love it! Now I'm in the market for a desktop vape for vapor bonging. It's between the Arizer Extreme Q or Da Buddha with ground glass. I've read reviews of both here but I still want more feedback before I buy. I can get both of them for the same price of $165. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Arizer because it's more versitle. It can be used with a whip or bag and also has a digital display and remote control. What do the experts think?
Thanks,
Drew

Trickpony29,
Top Bottom