da buddah clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I just saw an add for one of these in one of my friends Weed Mags yesterday.... cant remember which one I was looking through several, but I remember seeing that.

DevoTheStrange,

No Smoking!

see if you can more info from the magazine if you get the chance...there doesn't seem to be much out there

No Smoking!,

ClemsonVapor489

"Why would you buy a vaporizer for $40?"

Uh...because it's $40? Because for all of the hand-wringing here, there's no actual evidence that this vaporizer causes any more health problems than any other?

I'm not a big fan of a temperature control with so little reference to keep the tempurature consistent, and you're obviously taking a risk that this vape is poorly made, doesn't hold temperature well, or has some other common problem, but I don't see any reason to dismiss this particular vape out of hand.

Plus...it's only $40.

ClemsonVapor489,

toxicc

E11001420
I've seen this a few months ago on ebay from the same chinesse sellers that sell the low quality chinesse box vapes. It's the exact same crap, the only difference is the look. If you look at pictures you'll see that the included whip is the exact same one with the word HOT written on the glass part, exactly as every other unreliable boxvapes.

toxicc,

No Smoking!

yes...it may be crap
yes...the distributor said it was high quality
yes...it's chinese
yes...lots of da buddha owners are putting it down because it's $40 and not $150
yes...nobody knows for sure what it is

that's what this thread is all about
I was hoping someone would actually know...

No Smoking!,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
No Smoking! said:
yes...it may be crap
yes...it's chinese
yes...lots of da buddha owners are putting it down because it's $40 and not $150

Would you just buy it already?

Survivalism,

lwien

No Smoking! said:
Now THAT is total crap. They are putting it down because it DESERVES to be put down. Has absolutely nothing to do with the price comparison. Do you honestly believe that Buddha owners are putting it down just because it sells for 90 bucks less than their original? :lol:

Price can be indicator though. There are lots of good inexpensive vapes on the market. This one isn't good and inexpensive. It's just..............cheap. Big difference. Also, blantent knock-offs aren't viewed in a very positive light around here, unless of course a manufacturer took a previous design and actually IMPROVED upon it. That is NOT what this manufacturer has done.

Like Survivalism stated above, buy it already. Then give us an in-depth user report when you get it, and give us another 6 months later.

But for me, any tool, which a vape is, that has flashing lights purely for decoration, would not get my serious attention, unless of course it was sitting on top of a Christmas tree. :/

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
that would be funny though, $40 vape that does a good job (not saying it will, just find it humorous)... I suspect it will char the herb though.
thing looks pretty small too.

here I found this
its a noble vape. VP110
http://www.vaporizer-info.com/reviews_vp110/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne20Mh0lE04

now that I know what it is, and am finding it around the web... you can find it anywhere from $70-100ish... so far from what I have found.
bought a Noble Once, never going too buy another again... that was my first and only bad buy... horrible vaporizers.

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
Noble Vapor=Top Vapor=Digi Vapor=who knows what else. It's the epitome of the generic vape that gets different names slapped on. You could order a hundred (or whatever the minimum is) and have whatever name you want put on 'em.

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I had one of the noble globes... only for a week or so before I realized I didnt like it, and bought something better.
Didn't work well. Once I got something better I realized what a low quality experience the globe was.
The person I gave it to actually boils THC oil in it now.

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

Its not all the uncommon for people to think that our recommendations are or may be biased or whatnot but its also not uncommon for said people to come back and ask for help on purchases outside of the vapes we recommend. Their are more than a few postings from people who have regretted not taking our advice but I am sure their are some who did not take our advice and went their way and are happy.

I for one, do not try to influence people but to explain so they can make an informed decision for themselves. Sometimes when people do not hear what they want they sometimes become argumentative or even defensive. All I can say is to buy what you want and what you feel is right for you and I hope you tell us about your experience, be it good or bad so that others who came after can benefit maybe.

I do understand your perspective though, it appears we are not taking the vape seriously but that is not the case. To you, you may see a viable alternative to the higher priced vapes, but many of us here are pretty good at seeing through the marketing and hype of a vaporizer to know its largely a gimmick vaporizer that will probably not be around long. As already stated its full of lights that are not needed for the vape process and thus far has not even attempted to stand out of the el cheapo category. If its too good to be true, it probably is.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
DevoTheStrange said:
I had one of the noble globes
My first was a similar mistake-the BC Vaporizer. The globe/dome vapes are conduction, not the preferred convection. If you're lucky (I was), it'll give you enough of the vapor experience to set you on the path to a better model.

max,

No Smoking!

Thanks for some excellent answers.
You've convinced me to buy a quality vape and shown me the pitfalls of cheapos.
Now that I understand the pitfalls, it can help me make an intelligent decision.
That's how this site is supposed to work.
Thanks again

No Smoking!,

Venti

Total rip-off of an all American design! I think it is crap. Da Buddha is hand made in the USA by adults earning a real wage. This knockoff hunk of toxic materials (probably lead in the metal alloy and paint like the VaporGenie knockoff) is likely made by underpaid children. -Venti

Venti,

Ash

vaporist
I think that for most people here, vaping is an important part of their lives. It helps me to relax, become more creative, or even just make tv more entertaining. The ritual becomes a part of that and who wants the centerpiece of that ritual to be a cheap piece of shit? And, who wants that centerpiece to have been possibly made with child labor? That's just bad juju.

Ash,

PuffItUp

Retailer
No Smoking! said:
yes...it may be crap
yes...it's chinese

We Tried these, they sell in markets in China for $8 ...... yes EIGHT DOLLARS. The whip that it comes with has no real storage area, meaning half your herb falls out before you get it on the glass heater. The temp control is meaningless.

If you buy this vaporizer, make sure you get a good return policy with it

PuffItUp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom