Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Mrbrown81k

Perfect! I was just about to ask how well i needed to clean it. i removed the screen in the bottom of the heater and used a lightly dampened iso pad and wiped it out. i got most of it off, it actually looks pretty good lol but here is a bit of residue in the lip where the screen is held. I think it'll do based on what you said :). thanks again!

Here's an image

cleaned heater http://i.imgur.com/lf4DCf8.jpg

crafty app info http://i.imgur.com/Qw1DUEF.png
Looks better than the two I sent in. Don't forget to keep the stir tool as well.

Bud

Grinders..... I GOT IT ALL kik me buz420
I was given a crafty never open new in the box. I am a glass smoking guy. Is it worth to open or just sell off?

Bud,

Mr. Me2

I was given a crafty never open new in the box. I am a glass smoking guy. Is it worth to open or just sell off?
Hey @Bud - your question is wide open. Even if you never vaped before, the Crafty is one of the best! There's more discussion here whether the Crafty or Mighty is better, or a better fit but you can't go wrong with either. Nice gift! I think you should keep it. It could be the beginning of a love affair!

Let us know what you decide...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It's a golden opportunity to Fuck Combustion, if you're adventurous enough to explore this alternate universe. To each his own, but so many here swear by it and will not be going back. Crafty is a great vaporizer!
Be aware that you may or may not be impressed by first use, some aspects are just different, including effect.

I was a joint rolling guy for 45 years and was converted on first go by a Pax, now use Mighty, uh, religiously.

You'd be selling a Crafty w/out a warranty, so it is somewhat de-valued, may as well give it a try!

These vapes can be great thru water as well. Hope I'm not boring with things you already know...

vapviking,
Reactions: Thcgos

Razshiro

NICE!! My 2 favourite vapes of ALL TIME! And presently my only two. Enjoy!
This is my 2 favourite too ^^ (tried volcano but don't like bags and it's too noisy
smiley%20vapo.gif
)... I would like try vapexhale Cloud Evo or other high priced desktop (sublimator,herbalizer?) if i had more money my wife will kill me :p... damn VAS !!!

Bud

Grinders..... I GOT IT ALL kik me buz420
IF so many vapes out there what is making the Crafty worth keeping? If i mostly work at home would there ba a better one for home use? Been smoking water pipes for 24 years and I feel nothing taste like a cool water pipe hit.

Bud,

Mr. Me2

IF so many vapes out there what is making the Crafty worth keeping? If i mostly work at home would there ba a better one for home use? Been smoking water pipes for 24 years and I feel nothing taste like a cool water pipe hit.
I'm pretty sure this site has a vaping v. combustion thread you may want to read.

Having said that, I think you'll find Vape flavor blows combustion away. It sounds like you love your water toys and many here use their with water toys (some with creative modifications for the hookup). And the Crafty is no exception.

It sounds like your Crafty is your first venture into vaping. That is a GREAT one to start with, and may spoil you for all other vapes. Why spend $$$ on a different Vape if you can get your feet wet with this one for free?

I suggest you also spend some to on Buzz Danklin's site (vaporizerwizard.com) and Vape Critic. They both do reviews and comparisons. You'll see they both rate the Crafty at the top.

I think that after you start playing with this, you want to build a Vape collection.

Regarding the Crafty, it's worth keeping because of its ease of use and great flavor (at least the top 2reasons). For strictly at home use, there may be "better" options, but I don't think you can go wrong sticking with what you have.

Cardiox

I can give a review on my experience so far with the crafty. I have recently used a pax as well as Da Budha vaporizer where I will make comparisons . This will not be official or use any sources besides the box that the unit came in, and my experience. My experience with a high performing desktop unit has allowed me to give genuine ratings as far as the draws are concerned. Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

OVERALL: 9.7/10

Draw Resistance: 10/10 - Hitting this vape is like sipping through a straw. I have packed it over 20 times and only a slight bit of gunk built up, and I could even vape that resin again! I did notice that if you feel some draw resistance after 20 uses, you can clean the mouthpiece out and it will be good for a little longer.

Heatup Time: 9/10 - It takes about 70 seconds for my temperature option (380 F) to reach and it vibrates in this amazing way. When it vibrates, I know that I am going to be going on a magnificent journey into the depths of our one love, Cannabis. I read it takes about 60-90 seconds though depending on your default. I feel like this is a good heatup time but it could be better. On a side note, the crafty has an app as you all know, which allows you to set a default heatup temperature in either Fahrenheit or Celsius . Boost mode is when you double click the crafty button and it switches your default temp to another temperature (boost mode) of which you can change in the app as well.

Draws/Taste : 10/10 - This device, the Crafty , is a work of art. The vapor produced upon the first hit was AMAZING and I could not even keep up with the thing. It produces 8 amazing hits and a following of finishers. The third draw was always the best for me. After the 6th I normally turn on boost mode and finish it off. By the time I switch to boost mode I stop counting. Maybe in all you get 12-14 draws? The clouds are as dense as they are fierce. Despite controversy on whether or not this thing draws as well as a desktop unit, I have used a desktop unit called Da Budha. This thing is also awesome but the hits from my crafty were CONSISTENTLY BETTER, though I could get nice ones from Da Budha. The first Pax , which is still alright, from my experience was not consistent and the draws from the Pax are equal to that of the final draws I get on my Crafty. I also need to add TASTE into this one. It is apart of the 10/10 for me. It beats the Pax and Da budha by far. It tasted so good and clean. It is amazing.

Efficiency: 10/10 - I gave this a ten due to the fact that I pack .15-.2 in the chamber and get absolutely medicated for HOURS. The draws of the Crafty will leave you satisfied, not needing more and more . You will know your limit with this device. I feel the Crafty to also just advocate using cannabis responsibly. When I would use the pax I packed it multiple times to get to the stratosphere the Crafty sent me to. When I smoked , I think a gram got me to the level of which vaping gets me. That said, I believe that the quality of your high depends on the quality of your vape to a certain extent. I felt the Crafty used less than Da Budha and the Pax to get me just as medicated.

Design/cleaning: 10/10 - The weight is only .3 lbs and is pretty concealable. 4.2 x 2.2 x 1.3 inches are the dimensions of this unit. The visible parts of the Crafty are made out of a high grade plastic that does not look or feel cheap. This unit is NOT sub-par. Everything about the design is top shelf... despite the battery being average. It is also designed to vape concentrates with their liquid pads. It is extremely easy to take apart to clean and it avoids having to clean INSIDE of the unit by their innovative vapor-cooling mouthpiece attachment which is close to the chamber. The straw on the mouthpiece is absolutely amazing. It just feels so right! The Crafty uses a full convection heating system as well as conduction which is delivered directly through the mouthpiece and delivers an amazing taste and quality. It is designed to vape very well regardless of whether or not the herb is finely ground vs hastily ground.

Battery: 9/10 - Storz and Bickel put a lithium ion battery in the Crafty. I do not feel the battery to be a "top shelf quality" battery, but it charges fully from dead within 90 minutes for me. At 20 % or above, this unit has pass-through charging. Meaning , during your session you can attach your USB charge to any USB port and it will continue to charge. You just have to be 20 % charged. The reason I did not go lower than 9 is because with this device I am fine after a single session which I can easily charge up from. It also does NOT produce charge hindered vapor quality. It is overall solid despite a battery life reported to be around 45 minutes and other claims of it lasting up to 60 minutes. I guess that 45 minutes is probably the accurate one, from my experience.

Accessories 10/10-
The Crafty comes with:

1 pc. CRAFTY Vaporizer,
1 pc. Power Adapter with USB Cable,
1 pc. Liquid Pad,
3 pc. Spare Screens,
1 pc. Cleaning Brush,
1 pc. Herb Mill,
1 pc. Filling Aid,
1 Set of Spare Seal Rings,
1 pc. Instructions for Use.

Overall, I would say that Storz and Bickel were generous and provided us with amazing quality accessories. The USB cable is a bit short, but that did not really hinder me in any way. The brush that comes with the crafty is of high quality. The free 2 piece plastic herb mill or "grinder" is also of good quality. It shreds the product to a fine consistency. The instructions were very easy to follow and the book is also made of nice materials , which for some reason excites me! The filling is aid is awesome. It connects to the chamber just as your mouthpiece does and it allows you to push your herb in cleanly and packed to perfection. You can clearly see inside of the chamber as well, allowing the right pack. You have everything you need. The Herb Mill was generous of them.

Summary: I gave this unit a 9.7/10. I love this vaporizer. It delivers the most rich experience and makes me proud. It is worth the price of $339. Which if I may add, I got for 15 % off at Puffitup.com. Despite the warranty only being 2 years, I would say that this unit is STILL worth the price. I would pay money to fix this thing if it became broken after the warranty. It is something I will be investing further money to in the future for sure. So if you want the finest and most efficient vape experience, I would go with this vape. An average session so far has fit into my life so much. I can go for my run early in the am, go to work and then come home to enjoy a pack as well as food. Getting physical exercise, work AND being able to relax at the end of your day is essential for me to have a productive life. This thing helps me optimize my mental, physical and social health, as any vaporizer should do. I have no doubt on whether or not I made the right choice. Sorry if anything was inaccurate or not concise enough. I pretty much made this review from my OWN experience. I also used the box to get the specs of the Crafty.

Last edited:

brub

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I received the confirmation that they accepted my claim. Now I just need to send it out. Do they cover the shipping costs too?

brub,

Hawk

Hawk,

Kaptan

No. And be prepared, because of the amount of hours you have on it, that they are going to ask you to pay $70 for the Battery Service.
Odd, I have sent my Crafty back 5 times. Every time, they had provided me a USPS priority shipping label via email.

Kaptan,

Mainoffender

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I received the confirmation that they accepted my claim. Now I just need to send it out. Do they cover the shipping costs too?
You mentioned being in Canada? I just RMA'd my Mighty and got it back in about 12 days round trip to Oakland. They won't pay your shipping to Oakland but they throw in a CU to make up for it. This is the second time for me and they sent a brand new unit each time so you end up with quite a collection of filling tools, grinders and seal kits. Hopefully you'll get a brand new one too.

Mainoffender,

brub

Thanks for the heads up, I'll let you know how it pans out. I don't understand how they can charge us when the device doesn't even last a year of usage...whats up with that? Do they not care about their reputation?

Hopefully they just send me a new one. *fingers crossed*

Thanks again everyone

brub,

Buddha-Bing

Hi guys, been lurking for a while but since I've just got my hands on a Crafty I thought I'd join.
I'm having a few issues and I'm hoping you can all give me some advice please.

I've just bought a Crafty from a friend, he's only had it say 6 months and it's barely been used (he mostly uses a 'wax pen'). I'd used his MFLB before which I thought was great, and he could only recommend the Crafty even more so I bit the bullet.

So these are the problems I'm having with it, baring in mind I've only had it a few days and not had much time to play with it:

1. It's very hard to get a decent drag from it, it's seems like there's something blocking it (it's almost whistling when I take a drag), but with the cooling unit taken off I can take a pull without any resistance.

2. I get very little vapour production, I'm using really finely ground bud and it's always of the best quality and cured to perfection. So I can't see why it's not producing nice clouds, I'm getting a nice taste and a bit of a tickle on my throat so something's happening, plus my bud is nicely toasted after but I just feel like I'm wasting my buda at the moment.

3. I can't connect the app to the Crafty, it let's me type in the serial number but won't let me press enter, only cancel. I have a feeling that this is simply because my friends phone is still connected, in which case it's an easy fix. It's not essential for me to use the app but it would be nice, the lights are a bit too bright!

I'm gonna take the cooling unit apart tonight and give it a good clean, hopefully that will help. I'm just confused as to why there is so much draw resistance once the cooling unit is attached, but not when it is taken off.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if there was I'd be happy to send it off for repairs if need be. Just think it's me doing something wrong at the moment.

I'm vaping the whole bowl and not feeling a thing, I just end up smoking a joint out of frustration, which was why I got a Crafty to begin with haha!

Sorry about the essay, thanks in advance for any help.

Buddha-Bing,

Hawk

Odd, I have sent my Crafty back 5 times. Every time, they had provided me a USPS priority shipping label via email.

Thats because your in the US. Us Canadians get the shaft.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll let you know how it pans out. I don't understand how they can charge us when the device doesn't even last a year of usage...whats up with that? Do they not care about their reputation?

Hopefully they just send me a new one. *fingers crossed*

Thanks again everyone

Its the amount of hours used.

"Your device has a significant amount of usage (more than 100+

hours). We recommend the OPTIONAL battery replacement service

to maintain the device performance and your vaporizing experience.

We will service warranty issues free-of-charge. Wear & tear

components like the batteries are not covered by the warranty.

Please let us know your preference: warranty only or paid repair

(includes battery service)

Your device will continue to work without the battery service, but

you may encounter future decrease in performance. The cost for the

battery service is $70 including parts, labor and return shipping.

Battery service will include Firmware updates, Heat Unit/Charging

system performance tests, and our latest updates to the external

housing."

Mr. Me2

Hi guys, been lurking for a while but since I've just got my hands on a Crafty I thought I'd join.
I'm having a few issues and I'm hoping you can all give me some advice please.

I've just bought a Crafty from a friend, he's only had it say 6 months and it's barely been used (he mostly uses a 'wax pen'). I'd used his MFLB before which I thought was great, and he could only recommend the Crafty even more so I bit the bullet.

So these are the problems I'm having with it, baring in mind I've only had it a few days and not had much time to play with it:

1. It's very hard to get a decent drag from it, it's seems like there's something blocking it (it's almost whistling when I take a drag), but with the cooling unit taken off I can take a pull without any resistance.

2. I get very little vapour production, I'm using really finely ground bud and it's always of the best quality and cured to perfection. So I can't see why it's not producing nice clouds, I'm getting a nice taste and a bit of a tickle on my throat so something's happening, plus my bud is nicely toasted after but I just feel like I'm wasting my buda at the moment.

3. I can't connect the app to the Crafty, it let's me type in the serial number but won't let me press enter, only cancel. I have a feeling that this is simply because my friends phone is still connected, in which case it's an easy fix. It's not essential for me to use the app but it would be nice, the lights are a bit too bright!

I'm gonna take the cooling unit apart tonight and give it a good clean, hopefully that will help. I'm just confused as to why there is so much draw resistance once the cooling unit is attached, but not when it is taken off.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if there was I'd be happy to send it off for repairs if need be. Just think it's me doing something wrong at the moment.

I'm vaping the whole bowl and not feeling a thing, I just end up smoking a joint out of frustration, which was why I got a Crafty to begin with haha!

Sorry about the essay, thanks in advance for any help.
Hey BB! Welcome to fc!!!

Sounds like you have a clogged cu. before you take it apart and clean it, test it for leaks. Take it off the base, cover the intake hole with your thumb, and try to draw. There should not be any intake. Assuming it's ok, take off the mouthpiece and open it up. I find you don't need to disassemble further. Just drop those 3 pieces in 99% ISO (in a Baggie), and put that in a small cup of VERY hot water for about 15 minutes. Then rinse in water, dry and reassemble. Then you can test the cu again to see if there is now no draw resistance.

Try a medium grind instead of a fine grind and don't pack it too tight.

Have your friend delete his Crafty app so you can install it on your phone. I wonder if he adjusted the temps which could affect your performance. If you can, you may want to use his phone and app before he deletes it to check the settings and make the changes you want just in case you continue to have app issues.

Hope this helps...

Buddha-Bing

Hey BB! Welcome to fc!!!

Sounds like you have a clogged cu. before you take it apart and clean it, test it for leaks. Take it off the base, cover the intake hole with your thumb, and try to draw. There should not be any intake. Assuming it's ok, take off the mouthpiece and open it up. I find you don't need to disassemble further. Just drop those 3 pieces in 99% ISO (in a Baggie), and put that in a small cup of VERY hot water for about 15 minutes. Then rinse in water, dry and reassemble. Then you can test the cu again to see if there is now no draw resistance.

Try a medium grind instead of a fine grind and don't pack it too tight.

Have your friend delete his Crafty app so you can install it on your phone. I wonder if he adjusted the temps which could affect your performance. If you can, you may want to use his phone and app before he deletes it to check the settings and make the changes you want just in case you continue to have app issues.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been meaning to give it a clean in the hope that's the problem, I just couldn't figure out why there's not much resistance until I attach the CU, it seems fine when I remove it from the Crafty and try toking fresh air.

I read somewhere that I should be grinding my herb mega fine and packing it tight, so maybe this is part of the problem.

And if my friend has changed the temp settings, would it be a good idea for me to reset it and see what it's like then (does holding the power button for 10secs reset it?).

Thanks for the advice, hopefully tomorrow it will be up and running, and I can get my vape on!

Buddha-Bing,

brub

If you pack tight with a fine grind it'll definitely affect ur draws. I don't pack down my stuff. Just use the tool, fill to the top, then close and use.

brub,

Buddha-Bing

If you pack tight with a fine grind it'll definitely affect ur draws. I don't pack down my stuff. Just use the tool, fill to the top, then close and use.

I'm really hoping this is the problem, I've been turning it to dust and really packing it in, not sure where but I'd read this was the way to do it.

I also don't know if I'm expecting too much from vaping, I'm going from smoking joints everyday for 15 years to vaping. Maybe I'm expecting more vapour than is possible but I've seen people getting some satisfying looking clouds from this thing.

Sorry one last question, I'm missing the little stirring tool, I've found a pack of 5 online, is there nowhere I can just order one from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddha-Bing,

MinnBobber

I also don't know if I'm expecting too much from vaping, I'm going from smoking joints everyday for 15 years to vaping. Maybe I'm expecting more vapour than is possible but I've seen people getting some satisfying looking clouds from this thing.
1. Yes, look inside the cooling unit, slide hologram locking clip and gently open. Crafy/Mighty cooling units need regular cleaning as they can get totally gummed up---but the gunk is full if goodies to be vaped.
2. medium grind works best as fine fine grind gives too much restriction.

3.Vapor expectations-- lighting makes a HUGE difference as many online vids have light shining. I can exhale a big load that looks like invisble/nothing and then shift over a light and giant vapor cloud!!

ade848

The Crafty was my first vape after a good 25 years of joints so you will get there. I've fucked combustion for nearly two years now and would never go back

Medium grind is much better for the Crafty, defo clean the cu or maybe just start with your own new cu and play with the temps, I get nice cloud and 180 and 195

You will love it very soon...and then VAS will kick in

ade848,

brub

The Crafty was my first vape after a good 25 years of joints so you will get there. I've fucked combustion for nearly two years now and would never go back

Medium grind is much better for the Crafty, defo clean the cu or maybe just start with your own new cu and play with the temps, I get nice cloud and 180 and 195

You will love it very soon...and then VAS will kick in
What's vas?

brub,

brub

VAS is a condition that affects many new (and experienced) vaporists. There is no known cure, btw. Your wallet will become lighter due to this serious condition.
It stands for Vaporizer Aquisition Syndrome. You have been warned.

:peace:

yeah I think i got that with my first purchase lol (Volcano Digit + Crafty), thanks for the heads up :).

I sent off my Crafty to S&B about an hour ago, I'll keep you all posted on how it turns out.

For now I'll rely on my Haze V3 and Volcano to tide me over until i get my crafty back. I love all my vapes, but man i already miss the crafty :(.

Top Bottom