Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Following up on my previous post regarding my interaction with S&B. I had sent them an email on Monday advising that my Crafty that was received the previous Thursday does not consistently give the vibration feedback when reaching temp or turning on and off. I requested they ship a new Crafty before I send this defective, but still working Crafty back so I would not have to wait another two weeks to get a working unit. Surprisingly, I received an email from them that a new unit is already on its way to me and to ship the defective unit back with the label included in the package. Finally I can say, customer service is stepping up!
I guess 5th (or 6th?) time's the charm!
We'll played.
Maybe it has something to do with the very short time you had it.

vapviking,
Reactions: biohacker

jimmah120

Good to hear a positive customer service experience, here's mine:

Shipped my flashing red/yellow light unit on a Thursday. It was a v2.08 at ~78hrs (posted here when I shipped it).
Got a package today, 13 days later, with a brand-new crafty and an invoice... for $0.00!

Happy to have the crafty back in my life, and glad that my cs experience was pretty pain-free. Cheers :sherlock:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I don’t think anyone should worry about the warranty, but I will say that you should always have a backup device. I like the ecig batteries and tanks with cjuice, keeps the combustion fucked.

psychonaut,
Reactions: grokit

Stinky

Following up on my previous post regarding my interaction with S&B. I had sent them an email on Monday advising that my Crafty that was received the previous Thursday does not consistently give the vibration feedback when reaching temp or turning on and off. I requested they ship a new Crafty before I send this defective, but still working Crafty back so I would not have to wait another two weeks to get a working unit. Surprisingly, I received an email from them that a new unit is already on its way to me and to ship the defective unit back with the label included in the package. Finally I can say, customer service is stepping up!

I wish they would do that everyone. It would make things a lot easier. I really hope they are reading the forum and taking note of what we want and what we are unhappy about.

Stinky,

Bourbon Kid

Got my new crafty today. Already got an Arizer Air, which I love.

So disappointed with the Crafty... Where are the huge clouds everyone is talking about ?!

For the same amount of bud, my Air delivers thicker and way more clouds than the Crafty. I can have two 10 minutes cloudy sessions with the Air, but with the Crafty i got 2 or 3 big clouds, and then not much really... The taste is good though, and it does get me high, but it is so frustrating. (btw, i smoke right under a projector, so I know exactly how big the clouds are)

Do you think there's something wrong with it ?

Bourbon Kid,

biohacker

Highly unlikely. But there have been issues with the odd cooling unit leaking. I don't think this is your problem though, IMO.

So disappointed with the Crafty... Where are the huge clouds everyone is talking about ?!

with the Crafty i got 2 or 3 big clouds, and then not much really...

I guess huge isn't big?

This is the way the crafty and mighty vape it up! If your temps are on the higher side you will extract much faster. And coming from the Air myself, I know why.......AIRFLOW!!!

The Air is a CONDUCTION vaporizer, your clouds will definitely be "thicker". The Crafty is mainly CONVECTION. Completely different animals.

I would never go near the Air again after seeing the Crafty/Mighty light. I feel like the Solo/Air are practically neanderthal compared to the S&B portables. But everyone is different!

Welcome to the FC? Took you over a year to post? j/k :rofl:

kUsHkInG

@Bourbon Kid, what are your temperature settings? Are you sipping or ripping? I find that with both the Crafty and Mighty regardless of how packed your bowl is, it is a vape that just doesn't work well when sipping (like the Pax and Pax 2). It was a small adjustment for me when I moved from the Pax to the Crafty, as I was so used to sipping off the Pax in order to get big clouds. When I first got the Crafty I was doing the same thing and when I encountered zero resistance on the drag and was getting next to no clouds at all, I immediately thought the device wasn't working properly. After a few sessions I quickly realized what the differences were and ever since then it's been nothing but bliss for me.

My first unit was a Crafty and coming from using other portable vapes, hands down produces the best vapor of any I've tried. Now I'm using the Mighty since switching, and the results for me are exactly the same, albeit the better battery life and being able to manually adjust temps without the need for an app.

This site is a great reference for vape's and find his reviews and tutorials to be spot on: http://www.vapecritic.com

Mr. Me2

Got my new crafty today. Already got an Arizer Air, which I love.

For the same amount of bud, my Air delivers thicker and way more clouds than the Crafty. I can have two 10 minutes cloudy sessions with the Air, but with the Crafty i got 2 or 3 big clouds, and then not much really... The taste is good though, and it does get me high, but it is so frustrating. (btw, i smoke right under a projector, so I know exactly how big the clouds are)

Do you think there's something wrong with it ?
But just in case, I think you should check for a leaky cu

Bourbon Kid

I guess huge isn't big?

This is the way the crafty and mighty vape it up! If your temps are on the higher side you will extract much faster. And coming from the Air myself, I know why.......AIRFLOW!!!

The Air is a CONDUCTION vaporizer, your clouds will definitely be "thicker". The Crafty is mainly CONVECTION. Completely different animals.

I would never go near the Air again after seeing the Crafty/Mighty light. I feel like the Solo/Air are practically neanderthal compared to the S&B portables. But everyone is different!

Welcome to the FC? Took you over a year to post? j/k :rofl:

Haha, touché !

Thanks for your quick answer. So I guess I gotta get use to it... I usually vaped at 180°C/356°F on the Air, and did the same for the Crafty. Don't really like high temp, I keep it low.

biohacker

There you go.....take a peek at my recent Mighty videos (soon to be Crafty videos!!) where I use a water tool at 210c for nice huge clouds! Your temp is too low IMO for what you are expecting, and again the Air being conduction will yield a different result somewhat. With the Crafty's CU you should be getting more comfort than the Air, but maybe not since perhaps you're getting too much hot air with the Crafty. Keep experimenting and let us know!

biohacker,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Bourbon Kid

@Bourbon Kid, what are your temperature settings? Are you sipping or ripping? I find that with both the Crafty and Mighty regardless of how packed your bowl is, it is a vape that just doesn't work well when sipping

Mmmmm, I guess I'm trying to hard ? I mean on the Air you have to inhale hard cause like biohacker said it's condution. I doing pretty much the same thing with the Crafty. With the Air, when the chamber is packed and I take a huuuge hit, I can feel it in my throat you know, it feels kinda itchy and I know this is a huge one. That didn't happen with the Crafty ! :/

Bourbon Kid,

Mr. Me2

Mmmmm, I guess I'm trying to hard ? I mean on the Air you have to inhale hard cause like biohacker said it's condution. I doing pretty much the same thing with the Crafty. With the Air, when the chamber is packed and I take a huuuge hit, I can feel it in my throat you know, it'es kinda itchy and I know this is a huge one. That didn't happen with the Crafty ! :/
I think that's because the Crafty gives you cooler vapor. You barely know how much you're inhaling.

Bourbon Kid

I'm going to try again tonight after work, with temps a bit higher. I like to keep it low cause it's supposed to be free of those carcinogen stuff.

I guess I'm just not used to it ! The effects are here but just felt weird that the vapor density wasn't at all what I expected (actually a few people had the same issue on this thread from what I read)

Bourbon Kid,

Mr. Me2

I'm going to try again tonight after work, with temps a bit higher. I like to keep it low cause it's supposed to be free of those carcinogen stuff.

I guess I'm just not used to it ! The effects are here but just felt weird that the vapor density wasn't at all what I expected (actually a few people had the same issue on this thread from what I read)
And I think you're looking a little sick. You may need to leave work early and convalesce. ;):brow:

biohacker

My Crafty is still in customs but i'm curious as to whether the Crafty has a battery bypass like the Mighty does when it's completely fully charged? My Mighty when fully charged and used plugged in never decrease the battery (it will never charge/blink). I was pretty sure the Crafty is not capable of this, and actually uses its own battery to supply some juice as well? So after a bit of plug in use, the battery charge will drop. Is this correct? :shrug:

biohacker,

Kaptan

My Crafty is still in customs but i'm curious as to whether the Crafty has a battery bypass like the Mighty does when it's completely fully charged? My Mighty when fully charged and used plugged in never decrease the battery (it will never charge/blink). I was pretty sure the Crafty is not capable of this, and actually uses its own battery to supply some juice as well? So after a bit of plug in use, the battery charge will drop. Is this correct? :shrug:
You are correct. In fact, for extended battery life, it is recommended not to use while charging.

UnshavenFish

My Mighty when fully charged and used plugged in never decrease the battery (it will never charge/blink). I was pretty sure the Crafty is not capable of this, and actually uses its own battery to supply some juice as well? So after a bit of plug in use, the battery charge will drop. Is this correct? :shrug:

Only tried it once a long time ago to see but yes the crafty uses more power than the charger can supply, the mighty charger supply's more power but one thing that needs some thought is if used like this all the time then the battery is being kept at full charge which will cause a big capacity loss over a few months.

UnshavenFish,
Reactions: biohacker

shaolinmilk

Mmmmm, I guess I'm trying to hard ? I mean on the Air you have to inhale hard cause like biohacker said it's condution. I doing pretty much the same thing with the Crafty. With the Air, when the chamber is packed and I take a huuuge hit, I can feel it in my throat you know, it feels kinda itchy and I know this is a huge one. That didn't happen with the Crafty ! :/
I'm honestly shocked to hear that you don't feel it in your throat with the Crafty... the vapour is so damn powerful that it's impossible not to cough. Try turning up your temp to say 375-380F for one session and come back with your results. Cheers!

shaolinmilk,

Astedra

I just doubled the life span of my crafty got a firefly. I get lung busting hits from both. I get 3 bowls on one charge on both with the new 770 mah firefly batteries.

Since I got the crafty I have a bad sounding cough with a high pitch secondary sound when I cough now I'm worried about bronchitis this didn't happen with the magic flight for 4 months maybe less vapour that's why.

Last edited:
Astedra,
Reactions: grokit

theone

I've been reading along for a while now, love the community!

Regarding soar throats; lower temperature for the first few hits works great for me!

Regarding cough/bronchitis; i've read somewhere that dry air could be the problem. Try taking a hot shower before vaping and see if that helps, if so maby get a humidifier.

My second crafty died tonight. Lived on for 159 hours, 1st one only 79 or something. No red/orange lights this time. Crafty app would show either full or empty battery. Turned itself off when heated and would not turn on again. Strange behavior!

So I send it in, they changed the warranty procces (only in eu). Now you have to fill in some info on the site where they made a ticket system. When confirmed you get a free return label. Seems like great progress to me!

Let's hope i'll survive christmas without my crafty, toke on everyone!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Half a bowl at max temps will usually give me 3 solid rips of decent vapor, then a final wisp of vapor. Put some bubblehash on there and it can turn into 10-12! I dunno what else to compare crafty to, but one thing that's certain, I get higher with less compared to any other method or device, including combustion.

I pretty much start out with a slow draw for a couple of seconds then speed it up until I fill my lungs. Crafty is kinda a lung buster with that low resistance CU so be careful! =)

psychonaut,

Soon2bMightyFan

Been following these forums for a bit (since I sent my Crafty in for warranty of course), first post! I first found them while searching for a reason why I could not get through via phone to S&B, as I was missing my functional Crafty!

Only after I got through and sent it back to them did I start seeing posts about water strip warranty voids, being that I had cleaned it after it broke and other factors I figured I had voided my warranty @ 48 hrs of use. It started early on with the Crafty, probably 20 hrs in vibration weakness, or no vibration. Started getting some overheating battery warnings in the middle of a session - was ALWAYS hard to pull on, had no idea it could be an issue with it. Even though it was a hard pull, it mattered not as the Crafty pretty much instantly replaced anything else I may vape with!

The dreaded day came where I turned it on, waited the appropriate time (vibration alerts were getting very spotty by now) and pull to nothing. Turn it back on figuring I must have zoned out and it shut itself off, and check the app - get notified there is a problem with it after it is not heating at all.

So I sent it in and did not get a response for a few days - hit them up via email with an instant response of 14 business days if you don't hear something. Email them back expecting the response of voided warranty after the 14 days had expired and got a sweet surprise! I had also requested to upgrade to the Mighty, I don't really care about the slightly diminished portability options and the battery life is as mentioned pretty short for the Crafty itself. They authorized the upgrade, so I paid the difference (60) and it's on it's way.

My opinion on my apparently plugged Crafty is that I loved it, my friends were blown away by it too. I vape at max temp, though when the bowl is fresh I start hitting at 190C, and I didn't ever really understand how the boost thing works since I started at 210 early on. Can't wait to see the Mighty!

I may come back and post more after I receive my Mighty - especially about how I stressed over thinking I would have a voided warranty.

Top Bottom