Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

So, I am in a conundrum, the body of my Crafty is just starting to fall apart from the joint at the lip on the rounded side of the unit. I am afraid to clean it, use it, whatever, so it is sitting in a sock in a drawer collecting dust for a little while now. Has anyone had experience of submitting an RMA when out of warranty with a Crafty for something like this? I'm worried about spending a frustrating amount of time and money on the damned thing only to be sent it back with a shrug or have to fight a war to get it back at all. I just don't know S&B handles it!

Should I go send it back to them or just declare it a lost cause?

Vape_Or_Die420

So, I am in a conundrum, the body of my Crafty is just starting to fall apart from the joint at the lip on the rounded side of the unit. I am afraid to clean it, use it, whatever, so it is sitting in a sock in a drawer collecting dust for a little while now. Has anyone had experience of submitting an RMA when out of warranty with a Crafty for something like this? I'm worried about spending a frustrating amount of time and money on the damned thing only to be sent it back with a shrug or have to fight a war to get it back at all. I just don't know S&B handles it!

Should I go send it back to them or just declare it a lost cause?
Likely they will just offer you to trade it in for a new one. I think you can still get $100 off for a new one. You can also upgrade to a Mighty at a discount.

blackstone

5-C4-D0-BF8-DB89-4-BCD-9344-49-AC91656-E31.jpg

Thought this was cool, and funny. I had got my "small, powerful torch picture" the night before!
Screenshot-2020-02-10-23-27-27.png

I'm still impressed with the vapor effects from the Crafty+ using fairly small amounts.
Just wondering anyone that also owns Volcano Hybrid, i know @Crafty Vaper might?, is the vapor as powerful from the Hybrid whip (with reducer and capsules) as it is from Crafty+/Mighty?
Or do you only use bags? Thought the whip might be powerful.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
Thought this was cool, and funny. I had got my "small, powerful torch picture" the night before!

I'm still impressed with the vapor effects from the Crafty+ using fairly small amounts.
Just wondering anyone that also owns Volcano Hybrid, i know @Crafty Vaper might?, is the vapor as powerful from the Hybrid whip (with reducer and capsules) as it is from Crafty+/Mighty?

I have them both and I can tell you that in terms of flavor they are very similar even if the power of the desktop is unquestionable ... for me they are the best ... they are never wrong ... father and son :rockon:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green

KwIsQzS.jpg

Yes you are right! I own both. :)
The Crafty+ and the Hybrid.
Normally I vape the Crafty at 180/200. Depending on the herb that I put in, sometimes 200 is a little harsh when I turn the temperature up too fast. But I like that. :rockon:

The Hybrid is a little bit different with the whip! I noticed that the best temperature for me is 200-230! I vape the Volcano with the capsule adapter and a good filled capsule on 230 from the beginning (nearest to smoking pure herb for me) or I make several hits on 200 and than increase the temp. You will get very milky hits but not the „harshness“ of the Crafty (shorter cooling). I would say the taste is slightly better with the Crafty but I get much more medicated with the Volcano. With the bags you have many more options like the „Superbag“. It is also possible to do microdosing with the Hybrid. I love both of them!
Like @Mixio said: „like father and son!“

Last edited:

blackstone

Thank you guys, I forgot I saw @Mixio in the Hybrid thread too!
I was thinking of replacing my Mighty with a possible Mighty+ or if they make a different portable, but if the Hybrid can do the dosing with the power (per gram) of Crafty+ then that might make more sense for at home.

You used to almost need three of their vapes, maybe all four! But I think Hybrid Volcano and just one of the portables (even Crafty+) is a serious combination now!
Thank you again, enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Skinnyarbuckle

I have the flashing red/yellow green amber light. Sounds like time for a thermal fuse, I have 47 hours and 35 minutes on this unit , probably two years old. Sending out a PM to take care of this to JCat, I’m thinking he can fix me up. I would like to keep this unit going as it has been one of my favorites. I’m guessing battery pack upgrade simple swap out Bibbity Bop I’m back in business. I have used this mainly with the micro dosing capsules and it has been perfect for that.:rolleyes:
I contacted the seller and they suggested I contact Storz & Bickel, They said to send it in and they will take a look at it, I will report back as this unit is under two years old. I sent it in today with the RMA.

Vape_Or_Die420

Got my Crafty+ back from S&B. Working perfectly now. Damn i love this little thing. I used my old mighty while the crafty+ was gone. i have to say the airflow is way better in the new Crafty+. Only gripe is i wish the battery went 1.5 hrs of usage.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Got my Crafty+ back from S&B. Working perfectly now. Damn i love this little thing. I used my old mighty while the crafty+ was gone. i have to say the airflow is way better in the new Crafty+. Only gripe is i wish the battery went 1.5 hrs of usage.
What was the problem that you had to send it back? Did you get a complete new one ore the old one repaired?

Top Bottom