Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

JCat

Accessory Maker
Nice really great work ! Can you do this for the ghost mv1 app too please !!! lol
Maybe :)

I would need someone to give me one though ... (I'm not about to go out buying vapes just so I can create work for myself ... lol)

I've had others ask me the same about the Volcano Hybrid and I've responded in kind (I've also reached out to S&B as I figured they might want to add it to their site and send their customers to it ... maybe they'll send me a Volcano Hybrid ... :lol: )

FYI everyone ... I've published a new version, that fixes a lot of connection bugs now that I understood where you can run into issues w/ the bluetooth stack ... (needed to make sure only one operation runs at a time ... so chained them in an async/await series for the initial connection/reads and then using a task queue to ensure only one gets executed at a time after that for the user triggered actions and events.

You'll need to close all browser windows (since last opening the app), and then re-launch and it should update either immediately, or on refresh, or on next launch after that (you'll no it's updated because you'll see the version 1.0.1-beta in the bottom left corner); sorry for the slightly convoluted update process but I didn't have time to fix up the service worker logic to provide a smoother notification/refresh process :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
FYI everyone ... I've published a new version, that fixes a lot of connection bugs now that I understood where you can run into issues w/ the bluetooth stack ... (needed to make sure only one operation runs at a time ... so chained them in an async/await series for the initial connection/reads and then using a task queue to ensure only one gets executed at a time after that for the user triggered actions and events.

You'll need to close all browser windows (since last opening the app), and then re-launch and it should update either immediately, or on refresh, or on next launch after that (you'll no it's updated because you'll see the version 1.0.1-beta in the bottom left corner); sorry for the slightly convoluted update process but I didn't have time to fix up the service worker logic to provide a smoother notification/refresh process :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Dayum, @JCat , dat Crafty be yo bitch !

Multifaceted talent -- first battery packs, now an app

I suppose you can play that guitar as well
(Tom Scholz in the making?)

I write software, and sometimes apps, for a living ... so this was just an opportunity for me to build something fun, and an opportunity to play around with some new technologies I wanted to anyways on a smaller sized project (small # of pages/actions ... very specific so was a good candidate for testing the stuff I wanted to ... ie. Ionic/React which just had final release, React Hooks for state management instead of redux for smaller apps, web bluetooth, packaging apps as PWA's for distribution and offline execution across devices--without needing to package as a native app using cordova or capacitor etc.)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Nice really great work ! Can you do this for the ghost mv1 app too please !!! lol
Looks like I might be doing that very thing ... Ghost CS contacted me and looks like they might be sending me one.

It's a pretty simple app with not many screens, so let's see how much time it takes me from start to finish to get it written/published up on https://github.cataford.com/ghost (I'm aiming for 8 hours or less :) )

Edit: 8 hours or less once I have the device and actually sit down to do it of course!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Looks like I might be doing that very thing ... Ghost CS contacted me and looks like they might be sending me one.

It's a pretty simple app with not many screens, so let's see how much time it takes me from start to finish to get it written/published up on https://github.cataford.com/ghost (I'm aiming for 8 hours or less :) )

Edit: 8 hours or less once I have the device and actually sit down to do it of course!
That is fantastic! Hope you get a little $$ too. If they were smart, Pax and the new Davinci IQ2 would also be calling you soon.

blackstone

I love this Crafty+ I think there's an extra kick from the vapor like they got a good blend of hybrid heat this time. Maybe its from the airflow too mine feels wide open.
The vapor seems a little more blue color to me but its also so robust, and more powerful than the old one when I set my temps the same. Tastes very good, maybe slightly different at the end IMO.

Im sick of running out so I'm going to try to reduce my usage by harnessing what I see as the added kick, or extraction efficiency, of this vape.
I'll try to transition from two small loads each time in the Mighty through water, to one small load in the Crafty+ each time without water.
I'll see how i do but it seems possible!

Tomorrow I face a dilemma, do I bring this sweet brand new baby to my friend's place where people have combustion with tobacco going on, and suck that filth through it while hot?!
My clothes stink after.
That was one of my regular Crafty uses but the first time will be hard!

blackstone

630 Hours and still kicking? Wow - you definitely have gotten your moneys’ worth!!!
Congrats on the new one.

Wow well spotted! I thought that said 63 hours, I said yeah 63 is not that much I did more!

I thought id have trouble selling my 80 hour one but it sold. I was ready to tell the guy about these internet legends who have managed 600-900!
Well done @Crafty Vaper , and the others.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Wow well spotted! I thought that said 63 hours, I said yeah 63 is not that much I did more!

I thought id have trouble selling my 80 hour one but it sold. I was ready to tell the guy about these internet legends who have managed 600-900!
Well done @Crafty Vaper , and the others.
Thank you! My goal are 1000 Hours and then send the pic to S&B!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thank you! My goal are 1000 Hours and then send the pic to S&B!
Very cool, well done!
But I'd take the picture at 999. What if it were to roll over to 000!?!?
There was a time when car odometers were mechanical/analog and did that at 100,000 miles, started right back at 00,000. It was just assumed it would be pretty obvious in a lot of ways if a car's speedo had rolled over.

MOFAIA

Hello everyone, First time posting here but I have used the forum many times over the years. I wanted to share my Crafty+ experience so far because, unfortunately, it hasn’t been as good as others have described.

I am used to the original Crafty, I have probably gone through about 4 Craftys since they came out. Currently two original Craftys are in use, in addition to the Crafty+ which is nearly 2 weeks old. I always use the default temperatures, increasing to 195C to finish off the session.

The older Crafty (over 100 hours use) allows you to go through 3 complete sessions before the battery is completely dead. It then takes about 2hours 20mins to fully charge. The second Crafty is the newer ‘20% extra battery life’ version and it’s only a few months old. This device also allows you to vape 3 bowls before the battery dies and it takes a similar time to fully charge.

Now the Crafty+ or should I say, the Crafty+-... Yes, the airflow is marginally better and it heats up more quickly but the battery life is worse! I also only get 3 bowls from the Crafty+ and it dies before the 4th bowl is 180C. The total usage time for the Crafty+ is around 38 minutes, in comparison to around 50 minutes for the original Craftys. It takes 2 hours exactly to fully charge the Crafty+ from empty.

I contacted the retailer (it’s one of the Namaste branches) about the possible weak battery issue and they told me to start an RMA with S&B.

Overall, the Crafty+ is great but I believe that either I’ve been lied to on the increased battery life front or I have a duff device. Before I start the RMA process, I just wanted to check from those of you who have a Crafty+ if you indeed get the stated 6+ bowls or 40 minutes continued use?

Last edited:

smoov

What do you guys think about mounting it upside down into a water pipe? I'm concerned about the vapor traveling backwards (upwards) into the unit and gunking it up.

smoov,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Jill NYC,

blackstone

Hi @MOFAIA that sounds strange.
Im not in a position to blast through full capsules for pure testing but previously, I got 6 cold start full capsules from a 2017 20% extra battery model, i know that'll be less bowls, but my battery does also seem to last longer on the Crafty+ than the 20% one.
I think (didn't write it down) I also noticed a 2hr and 30-45ish min. charge on my Crafty+ at 2 amps, so that alone sounds like there could be something wrong with the battery in your's.

Are you using it indoors or out in cold?
Tell them you also want them to handpick you a unit with really good airflow, that you felt your one was somehow gummed up or only marginally improved.
I joined FC before I bought a Crafty and FC told me get a Mighty instead! Would this have been an option for you?
I picked up a Crafty afterwards as an out and about compact and it seemed to make sense that way. Although the Crafty+ is bridging the gap a little more between the two.

MOFAIA

Hi @blackstone, thank you for your comments.

I should add that I also only use the capsules. Vaping was done indoors so ~20C ambient temperature.

Charging was done using a 2.0amp charger so perhaps that would explain the longer charging time in comparison with their stated 70 minutes, which could be using a fast charger. The charge time isn't my issue though, it's the shorter usage time in comparison with the original Craftys.

I also own Mighty, it's fine but I prefer the Crafty. I used to just about manage to finish a 4th capsule on my two year old Mighty and for the extra size, I didn't think it was worth carrying it around. I plugged the wrong charger in the Mighty and now it no longer charges, even though it still works. I must have fried something inside it :( It's out warranty so S&B didn't want to know!

I believe that two Craftys > one Mighty!

So you reckon I should mention an airflow fault to S&B instead of a possible battery fault? Is that because you think that I have more of a chance of getting it exchanged this way?

Poostuff

Please delete
Hey @MOFAIA that’s obviously not working correctly.
Fuck Namaste, just contact S&B & they’ll sort you out.
What’s the point in buying from a reseller like Namaste if they’re just going to refer you to the manufacturer for warranty issues, that’s no help at all. This is what pushed me to start buying direct.
S&B are so great to deal with & have fast shipping, I just wish I’d bought directly from them earlier.
Get that RMA started.

Top Bottom