Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

karec

@karec that's not usually the way warranties work man. If it's 2 years you're covered for 2 years, they don't "reset", so you could perpetually be getting warranties indefinitely. After 2 years you're on your own, unless you use a credit card that "extends" the warranty an additional year like I do. Not many manufacturers give 10 year warranties, standard is usually 1-2 years. Maybe buy from a retailer that offers a "lifetime" warranty? Doesn't VapeWorld do something like that for $50?

@blackstone, I just received confirmation that mine won't have the newer better battery :ugh: Apparently they aren't even in the country for another month so maybe this is just in Europe? All good, i'll enjoy it and then sell it and buy the better one when it's available! Can't go wrong getting a sweet deal from PIU!

Or maybe i'll just hold on to it until it goes tits up which is probably inevitable and then get a newer better one like the dude on instagram. Again, thanks for your awesome detective skills dude! :D

@biohacker mate don't know where you live but in Europe the law is like that, if they repair the warranty will only go for 2 years but if the unit is replaced another 2 year will start from the day u receive the unit...
in Portugal where i live they wouldn't have a chance... so that the way warranty works in Europe from 2003 after an european union directive to all the EU country...
Cheers

in the end i just want to vape with quality with a reliable unit, cannot stick with a brand the end (in my perspective) fails u, so im now in IQ mode, waiting for the next big thing (Haze Square, Ghost, who knows)
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

Cool, everything is better in Europe...i'm in Canada, and we just get the 2 years from S&B and that's it (plus the 3rd party credit card extra year), so in total i'm good for 3 years, but my vapes are usually sold within a few months to a year so I guess I just don't care that much. Good luck man! Ghost is anticipation!

karec

Cool, everything is better in Europe...i'm in Canada, and we just get the 2 years from S&B and that's it (plus the 3rd party credit card extra year), so in total i'm good for 3 years, but my vapes are usually sold within a few months to a year so I guess I just don't care that much. Good luck man!

not everything mate but love to live here...i never had the chance (even after the placement unit) to extend the warranty S&B never gave me that option. so to finish the warranty bs, after the EU directive members states should implement on their respective laws but the germans left an ambiguous sentence in the middle, like a grey area, and the company policy took advantage and that why they are f%&king me, but i will not rest, i will make a complaint to EU AND IF I WIN I WILL MAKE A PRECEDENT, so everyone like me will gain, after all just be serious and don't BS the users....

Regarding vapes in Portugal... nightmare!!!! not even one shop to try i had to see reviews and reviews to pick one, 1st picked firefly on eBay but got my money back (counterfeit) but i saw that was the way smoking was not for me anymore.... then crafty then evo then IQ never saw a different vape in Portugal so its hard to try and judge whats the best for different users...

Cheers

Last edited:

blackstone

I know that China vape maker man, he also says "Sorry buddy, your original 1 yr warranty is up so bye bye now have good day"
Well, that was Canadians operating in China at the time.

I'm not too up on stuff but that new warranty period with every replacement sounds sweet, like I've never heard somebody getting or using that? Only heard of reports to the contrary.
I'll have to look it up some day.
@karec , I'm also wondering,
did they tell you there is no repair service outside warranty period,
or no FREE repairs outside warranty?

@blackstone, I just received confirmation that mine won't have the newer better battery :ugh: Apparently they aren't even in the country for another month so maybe this is just in Europe? All good, i'll enjoy it and then sell it and buy the better one when it's available! Can't go wrong getting a sweet deal from PIU!

Or maybe i'll just hold on to it until it goes tits up which is probably inevitable and then get a newer better one like the dude on instagram. Again, thanks for your awesome detective skills dude! :D

Balls, I thought it seemed like US posters there but it looks like UK alright.
Ah yeah, and if you also have Mighty it's not like you're going to be stuck anytime! And you're right it might go tits up!
It's tempting when you see those power banks in stores too, maybe you could pick one up if they're on offer.
The S&B one charges crafty 3 times and I think? are around 10,000mah so you could aim for that.

karec

I know that China vape maker man, he also says "Sorry buddy, your original 1 yr warranty is up so bye bye now have good day"
Well, that was Canadians operating in China at the time.

I'm not too up on stuff but that new warranty period with every replacement sounds sweet, like I've never heard somebody getting or using that? Only heard of reports to the contrary.
I'll have to look it up some day.
@karec , I'm also wondering,
did they tell you there is no repair service outside warranty period,
or no FREE repairs outside warranty?

"Please understand that we do not offer a repair service after the warranty periode. We can offer you a new device for the price of 258€. If you want to take advantge of this offer we would ask you to send your device to us."

So this was the reply i got @blackstone .... they don't even offer to repair it and how about the shitty deal they offer?! 40 euros discount plus the old unit?! really disappointed with them...

karec,

biohacker

It's tempting when you see those power banks in stores too, maybe you could pick one up if they're on offer.
The S&B one charges crafty 3 times and I think? are around 10,000mah so you could aim for that.

Funny you should mention this, i'm research which Anker power bank to buy! Think i'm going with a portable lipstick one for stealth, and a bigger better capacity one for a backpack and to also be able to charge up my phone. Think i'll be okay, only plan on using the Crafty for portability and using the Mighty when I don't need the stealth to take some strain off of the Crafty.

Never had to EVER RMA a S&B portable (even after a year of heavy use), but chances are something will happen and S&B will be there with a new replacement.

EDIT: Wow! S&B already got back to me! Talk about fast turnaround. So they definitely don't have them in America, and said that the German HQ was "working" on a longer battery for the Crafty, so they obviously don't know they have been unleashed yet. They'll probably get them by the end of the summer IMO.

Anyways, always nice to know! The Crafty will get BETTER! Which leads me to believe there will be no Crafty 2.0, just all rumours, but incremental upgrades will continue.

Last edited:
biohacker,

blackstone

"Please understand that we do not offer a repair service after the warranty periode. We can offer you a new device for the price of 258€. If you want to take advantge of this offer we would ask you to send your device to us."

So this was the reply i got @blackstone .... they don't even offer to repair it and how about the shitty deal they offer?! 40 euros discount plus the old unit?! really disappointed with them...

I think they could have done a bit better on the offer, but I suppose the way they see it you got your two years.
My China company did not even offer a reduced new model or part for any price, just said "Warranty's up, If you think it's unsafe, do not use it anymore. Thank you so much for your business, have a great day"
And ignored any further emails! That hurt!
It's not a super offer for you, because you can find Crafty for just over €200 now, or under 200 if there is an offer.
The good thing is S&B will honor warranty wherever you buy, so maybe 200 a'int bad for two years? But I know it should work out better than this, there's no real excuse for your faults and it hurts to have to replace.

Best of luck with your claim and I hope it does open some channels for the rest of us down the line.

Funny you should mention this, i'm research which Anker power bank to buy! Think i'm going with a portable lipstick one for stealth, and a bigger better capacity one for a backpack and to also be able to charge up my phone. Think i'll be okay, only plan on using the Crafty for portability and using the Mighty when I don't need the stealth to take some strain off of the Crafty.

Never had to EVER RMA a S&B portable (even after a year of heavy use), but chances are something will happen and S&B will be there with a new replacement.

Yeah Crafty for 3 capsules, Mighty for 6, and Crafty with powerbank for anything in between!
I'd love to do some solar charging with vapes too, as I'm slightly afraid of using too much electricity with powerful vapes and charging.

I have to say my Mighty has also been flawless for well over a year, I did want Crafty but was advised to buy the Mighty first to avoid possible failures at the time.
Can't say if I would have suffered any, and there are plenty people who haven't. I think they want to make the Crafty as reliable as Mighty, maybe they will achieve it too.

biohacker

I'd love to do some solar charging with vapes too

When I get back into backcountry camping trips, i'm planning on investing in a good solar charger as well. I just wish I could find an Anker battery pack that could charge the Mighty as well? I searched this forum, and apparently one exists with the right 12v wire, but can't find it.

blackstone

When I get back into backcountry camping trips, i'm planning on investing in a good solar charger as well. I just wish I could find an Anker battery pack that could charge the Mighty as well? I searched this forum, and apparently one exists with the right 12v wire, but can't find it.

It sounds familiar, I think I heard about that.
I remember looking for one with a 12 volt lighter socket output, so if you had a few car chargers you could charge all your vapes.
I did think that the Arizer powerbank had this but maybe it just has a 12V output with various jack plugs? I also considered not mentioning it to you lol, in case you maybe preferred another brand for right now.
But yeah, I'd say you could find one, maybe not as cheap as 5V stuff though?

blackstone,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Oh yeah! I used to have two of those Arizer power banks! They weren't cheap ($100cdn) but they ran my Extreme-q just perfectly from what I can remember, that was a while back. Does Arizer still sell them? I think that should work. They did come with various plugs.

biohacker,

blackstone

Oh yeah! I used to have two of those Arizer power banks! They weren't cheap ($100cdn) but they ran my Extreme-q just perfectly from what I can remember, that was a while back. Does Arizer still sell them? I think that should work. They did come with various plugs.

Still a few in retailers stock here and there anyway. It also does USB so could charge a Crafty too. They are expensive alright, maybe you could do better.
If it's for heavy camping maybe you could get a small car battery, a 12V socket and your solar charger. Might be cheaper or better all round?

blackstone,
Reactions: biohacker

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@karec - do you know any other european country that has the same warranty law as the portuguese? i'm just wondering i'm also in eu but have never heard of that till now. would love that customer protection! but eg france ain't different as germany afaik - thats the sovereignty conflict in eu: consistent when it shouldn't and inconsistent when it should :( eg the fine dust directve is from 99 and still a normal citizen can't do much in court...

Used2use,
Reactions: karec

ktmstick

I'm from the UK and warranty is for set period from date of purchase of original item. Any replacements are only covered u til the end of the set period.

Mr Mellish

I'm from the UK and warranty is for set period from date of purchase of original item. Any replacements are only covered u til the end of the set period.

That makes more sense, since the other plan could lock a manufacturer in for warranties in perpetuity. Kind of ridiculous. Having said that S&B honored a warranty replacement on my replacement unit after 6 months. Made me very happy.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
That makes more sense, since the other plan could lock a manufacturer in for warranties in perpetuity. Kind of ridiculous. Having said that S&B honored a warranty replacement on my replacement unit after 6 months. Made me very happy.
I don't think expecting your 300 dollar vape (more if you bought it a while back) to last 2 straight years is too much to ask of a manufacture. If they got locked into a perpetual replacement program they should manufacture a longer lasting product.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: karec

Mr Mellish

I don't think expecting your 300 dollar vape (more if you bought it a while back) to last 2 straight years is too much to ask of a manufacture. If they got locked into a perpetual replacement program they should manufacture a longer lasting product.

You know the life of a warranty before you buy a product. When you purchase a device and crack that seal, you accept that term. If the manufacturer honors the warranty, you should have a unit that lasts at least as long as the original agreement. This kind of intervention increases the product cost for all of us and is certainly a factor in it being a $300 vape.

Back on topic, S&B honors their warranty quite well and my unit will last at least twice as long as the warranty period. Given the abuse they are putting the battery through, that seems pretty good.

Mr Mellish

Impressive! You have one of the originals! How many hours?

Now, now...

I had a ###400 s,n. At 23 months, I checked my excessive heat up time and found it was over 3 minutes to get to stage one. Sent it in on a whim and S&B replaced it. The new one lasted several months then went to the flashing lights. I complained to S&B and they replaced it. This was definitely after my 2 year warranty had expired but they did the right thing. I'm not confident they would replace it now (and I realize I misstated how long...I'm heading into 3 years with a functional Crafty, despite the mild setbacks... this unwanted T-break due to international travel is messing with me, due to shitty sleep.). Sorry for the misinformation. I still think warranty resets are ridiculous...

biohacker

Thanks for the clarification! I think you did well man.... I guess it can be hit and miss with S&B at times but that's awesome to hear. I hear you on the shitty sleep and t-breaks! As if international travel and time zones wasn't bad enough.

biohacker

For the geniuses here that have opened their Crafty's to hack the battery, etc. What is the airpath like? Is it isolated from the electronics? From my understanding there is an intake where you can see the hole at the bottom of the fins and goes straight up with a stainless tube out the top?

Drew420

Has anyone else got this message?

Drew420,
Top Bottom