Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Capsules will fit the Crafty but I don't think S & B will ever list the Crafty, at least on their medical site.

They don't feel the Crafty is a heavy duty, daily driver , constant use medical device.
I also think that the temperature display and selection simplicity of the Mighty is an easier sell to the medical market. I bet that's the reason that the Medic Volcano is a Digital model, and not the Classic since the Digit allow for simple temperature selection which is clearly a plus when marketing a medical device.

:peace:

Thcgos

Vape Addict
EDIT it was discussed on mighty thread few days ago

from vapormed.com

mm-dosierkapsel-top-pro_1.jpg
IRvbw0Cs2b0hypvoIJVNqa8kAG5KJ_kkA-GVQmiSdiYki1V3qV76K8I5V70K4PTkWqMGglVH2m_k6kWxWu8DEKNjl-j3zUPRPBOc89QcYxMLOzXpAsGI9bw7jfHnZ2riHled1Tn6O4Zm_V5wtV1pNRF01fwRG0cXhEuMMVVC7R2-yV_agXWeAnarRIfLJS2panB19NTX0OgvI3YjiUo7RTha=s0-d-e1-ft
6K4T1ozn5FhbBHmQbpQAvsRmuag2QlzInXVma-jXSGoW62CoxEdG6HrX3BvR8mxG3Vfa5q4rwi6pSLgZUF9pBvLCDzsHvtK09NNLIXQuUNrTcQmZ4YlMcdhrioHadoFC7e9wV0jmO7jdl_yGJqXVJ5E4_59vYAhwYIBfw1mrIUo_gq5GYOaK-p2MoUWkgskbU7VYqXwBYxdeSkIRl_8=s0-d-e1-ft
cAlrKhYK5k0SuUH9wRYQnTgD0-KJA12WfU7jvhV2yFgPevwStEzxlE0wHPMxYs-E87U4F-M345TJ4eh9inoWWLmDfFy4TD1I9_PyGFoqYBIS4XeuIWN2Pv5134EWNo5RvxahYnXNtdS6d_immpR5EMwoXcWqLOnlXlpD7DOO6Gytt9vszLYjqQ-xXmyIwWqcYLKuLsc-lZnMMMmGt_E=s0-d-e1-ft

DOSING CAPSULE SET, 40 PCS.

€12.90
Incl. 19% tax, Excl. shipping
Product code: REF 09 33
Availability: In stock

Quick Overview:
YOU CAN FILL GROUND HEMP FLOWERS INTO THE DOSING CAPSULES IN ADVANCE.

and

MAGAZINE WITH 8 DOSING CAPSULES

€5.90
Product code: REF 09 32

Quick Overview:
YOU CAN FILL GROUND HEMP FLOWERS INTO THE DOSING CAPSULES IN ADVANCE AND STORE THEM IN THE MAGAZINE.

ADD TO CART

and this

MIGHTY MEDIC LIP PIECE SET, 30 PCS.

€49.00
Product code: REF 04 05 MM

Quick Overview:
THE LIP PIECE IS INTENDED FOR THE HYGIENIC SINGLE USE AND IS EQUIPPED WITH A CHECK VALVE.

ADD TO CART

They look awesome!!!
Would love to get them but my usual vape retailers don't stock them and the vapormed shop won't ship them to my country :doh:.

Sucks!
:cry:

Hopefully they start listing them on their normal website and start distributing to retailers.

Cardiox

The Crafty: An unreliable, over-rated, over-priced, gimmick-laden, piece of plastic. Its sole merits: a quickly-concealed swivelling mouthpiece and easy draw. This lopsided, dust-and-dirt collecting unit ignores basic design principles, and would have raised laughs and eyebrows among the first year industrial design students I lectured in 1990s. The outsized flashing charging/heating lights, and noisy vibrating feature, major distractions, and only two temperature settings, unless you use a cell phone. Another gimmick. Plus four replaceable (bright blue) sealing rings. I can hardly believe the Crafty has received so many accolades. A rip-off @ around AUD$400. For the same price or less, get yourself a superbly designed, solid metal alloy body Arizer Air (AUD$242 with discount), PLUS the elegant, much-improved Flowermate Vapormax PRO, a bargain @ AUD$155 introduced around New Year 2015-16, with many innovative features. Either one is superior to the Crafty. For intending Crafty buyers, buying the Air and Flowermate together should be a no-brainer.
I took a hit to that and laughed for a good 15 seconds.

ligi

ligi
Was just mailing with S&B regarding the capsules - they will also soon be available for non medical folks !-) At vapomed you can only order when you are a ( certified ) medicine man ..

ligi,

ligi

ligi
the very first page:

DISCLAIMER
Please note that the following information on this website is only for medical expert groups due to legal requirements. The medical expert groups, according to the German law on the advertising of medicinal products, are members of health care professions or the health care industry, health facilities serving humans or animals or other persons that are allowed to trade pharmaceutical products, medical devices, operations, treatments, objects or applying those when executing their profession. If you are not a member of the medical expert groups please click 'Exit'. Please contact your doctor, pharmacist or therapist for further information.

ligi,

biohacker

Yeah thanks, I actually already posted that if you didn't see it already in the Mighty thread. What i'm saying is that it means nothing (for Canadian customers anyway). Canadian's can order away....no expert group required! :peace:

Sometimes these Mighty - Crafty separate threads are such a pain... :doh:

biohacker,

phried

The app is acting wonky and won't let me connect to my Crafty. I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus. Was working fine until today, then it suddenly just wouldn't connect even after toggling bluetooth and restarting my phone. I did disconnect the app from the Crafty though, but the window where you enter the SN to connect your Crafty has the save button grayed out no matter what, and the app keeps warning that the vaporizer can't be found. I haven't tried factory resetting using the button because I do like my current temp settings and don't want to screw it any further. Any workarounds for this? Also tried it on my iPad to check and it does act the same way, but that hasn't even been connected to the Crafty ever, just the iPhone.

I'm so glad I have a Mighty on the way, but with around 30hours and the app acting up, somewhat disappointing in that aspect. Still getting huge clouds out of my current settings so... Happy and disappointed.

phried,

skyvaper

The app is acting wonky and won't let me connect to my Crafty. I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus. Was working fine until today, then it suddenly just wouldn't connect even after toggling bluetooth and restarting my phone. I did disconnect the app from the Crafty though, but the window where you enter the SN to connect your Crafty has the save button grayed out no matter what, and the app keeps warning that the vaporizer can't be found. I haven't tried factory resetting using the button because I do like my current temp settings and don't want to screw it any further. Any workarounds for this? Also tried it on my iPad to check and it does act the same way, but that hasn't even been connected to the Crafty ever, just the iPhone.

I'm so glad I have a Mighty on the way, but with around 30hours and the app acting up, somewhat disappointing in that aspect. Still getting huge clouds out of my current settings so... Happy and disappointed.
I had the same issues until I realized I didn't have enough battery to connect to Bluetooth.

phried

I had the same issues until I realized I didn't have enough battery to connect to Bluetooth.
Still the same when fully charged or not, plugged in, running, just turned off, nothing. I can't connect my app to my Crafty.

The app complains it can't find a vaporizer even before it is paired with the Crafty. That doesn't sound like an issue with BT, but maybe with the programming of the app.

phried,

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Still the same when fully charged or not, plugged in, running, just turned off, nothing. I can't connect my app to my Crafty.

The app complains it can't find a vaporizer even before it is paired with the Crafty. That doesn't sound like an issue with BT, but maybe with the programming of the app.

A hard reset + reinstalling the app worked for me with my third Crafty model 2.08! Good luck

phried

Got it working. Seems like an issue with the BT stack in the latest iOS public beta. Connected my phone to my car's head unit, heard music playing back garbled and off-pitch, reconnected and my music sounded as it should. Pairing the vape afterwards worked without a hitch.

Semi-retiring my Crafty, the new Mighty's my new daily driver! The Crafty's good for road trips though as you can keep charging using the USB port... Until I get an inverter that is.

biohacker

Giving another stab at the Crafty..couldn't pass up the deal in the classifieds so i'm finally getting around to a stealthy summer vape and mostly for my wife with small hands! The Mighty will get more use, but the Crafty will be so much easier to pocket and hide in my hand. My usage patterns have completely changed and gone down, so I don't see myself abusing the Crafty with back to back sessions nor high temps anymore.

It's the newest serial, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

ade848

Just sent the Crafty off to S&B for warranty service for broken fins and looooong heat up time of 3 mins plus. Thinking off perhaps asking for Mighty upgrade and would welcome peoples' thoughts. The Crafty was my first vape and has served me well as an all rounder but have a Grasshopper and Pax2 for out and about nowadays, so was thinking of a Mighty just for home use?

On another point, anybody got any tips for using a Budgie bubbler with their Crafty/Mighty. Been trying one and getting medicated but not seeing much vapor.

ade848,

biohacker

Don't think they will do anything for you for the 3+ mins heatup time, but perhaps charge you for a new battery, but I really hope I am wrong. You will get a new casing at least, and if you're lucky - a brand new Crafty! Good luck!

phried

Just sent the Crafty off to S&B for warranty service for broken fins and looooong heat up time of 3 mins plus. Thinking off perhaps asking for Mighty upgrade and would welcome peoples' thoughts. The Crafty was my first vape and has served me well as an all rounder but have a Grasshopper and Pax2 for out and about nowadays, so was thinking of a Mighty just for home use?

On another point, anybody got any tips for using a Budgie bubbler with their Crafty/Mighty. Been trying one and getting medicated but not seeing much vapor.
I just got a Mighty after owning a 30-odd hours Crafty and I will say there is a distinct improvement in all aspects of the vape, but they do get the job done similarly. The Mighty just does it faster, stabler, and longer. And the vapor from the Mighty at higher temps and extended use is smoother and cooler due to the CU size. Their monikers do fit them well.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Don't think they will do anything for you for the 3+ mins heatup time, but perhaps charge you for a new battery, but I really hope I am wrong. You will get a new casing at least, and if you're lucky - a brand new Crafty! Good luck!

@ada848 is sending to Germany, we assume, so the batteries (3 min heat up time) just may be warranty covered. We can hope.
If it's determined there is a warranty issue that renders the Crafty unusable, you would almost surely be allowed a warranty upgrade to Mighty, usually by paying the difference in price between the two. If your unit is original (not yet reinforced housing) this may be enough to get you there. We are curious to see how it goes for you.

If you are going to approach S&B about a Mighty, don't wait for them to contact you about your service status, sometimes the first thing you hear will be that they have sent you a package! Get out in front of that.

And my opinion, having had both, is that the Mighty is a superior device in all ways except size, which is not a factor around the crib. For home use, have you considered a plug-in? Some folks love the Plenty, apparently also aptly named, even though it looks like a ray-gun or something.

Good luck with your service!

Top Bottom