Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

UnshavenFish

I'd love to use boiling water over iso any day if it's safe to do so consistently.

For me even if water works I will stick with ISO just for reclaim purposes, I know I could scrape then wash but I don't have the attention span for all that extra work, I'm more of a drop it in, set an alarm and wait kind of guy :D

UnshavenFish,
Reactions: lapsda00

BioSector

Where do you live? SB informed me that 2.08 is NOT for American units. The latest firmware for US units is 2.07. I'm guessing international units will come in 2.08.

I'm glad they made that clear this time instead of downplaying the firmware altogether.

-Mark

Good to know. I'm in Canuckistan so likely will be 2.07. It didn't arrive though, Canada Post still shows it 'out for delivery' since noon yesterday. ;)

edit: just got delivery notice email, so it'll be waiting in the superbox. I'll post tonight with details on firmware, housing type, etc.

Last edited:
BioSector,

Dweez

I'm thinking of another way to clean my cu without using iso. I've been getting bad luck with it and get stuck with iso taste for a few sessions before it goes away slowly.

I was thinking about boiling it in water. Anyone tried this?

My new replacement cu is at my local post office being delivered today btw. I will report back whether I got another leaky unit or if it's good and what o rings it has.

-Mark
I wouldn't recommend boiling it. Since it's plastic, chances are it will warp, or cracks will form somewhere in it. If you rinse it out after using ISO, and are still getting the taste, I recommend letting it soak it a big glass of hot water for like ten minutes (after rinsing of course) and then letting it dry by air completely before use.

Last edited:

Vambo1980

I wouldn't recommend boiling it. Since it's plastic, chances are it will warp, or cracks will form somewhere in it. If you rinse it out after using ISO, and are still getting the taste, I recommend letting it soak it a big glass of hot water for like ten minutes (after rinsing of course) and then letting it dry by air completely before use.
Water boils @ 100c I doubt boiling it will do much damage considering the vape hits temps much above this. I always poor boiling water over my CU after a hot soapy wash and after it's been in ISO soak for weeks at a time.

Vambo1980,

Stinky

I just got a second email from SB. It's regarding the firmware 2.08 again and this email says that 2.08 is not available in America at this time and if I want this firmware I must contact SB in Germany and have them update it to my unit. In the bottom they noted that this is not a warranty service and that my unit will work equally well with its current firmware.

Just thought some of you would like to know this.

-Mark

This guy just received a 2.08 Crafty from Puffitup:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...crafty_firmware_version_208/cua4crd?context=3

BioSector

So my Crafty was indeed waiting for me when I got home. Unlike the Mighty where they put a new serial number on my box and sent it back without accessories, this was a brand new sealed Crafty with a serial in the 20,xxx range. Has the new housing, cooling unit does not leak. Firmware 2.07. I'm not concerned about 2.08. If it was a serious problem, they wouldn't be sending out 2.07 still.

Since I live in Canada, they weren't able to provide a prepaid shipping label, but they did give me the same value that I paid in shipping in free screens and orings after I asked nicely in my email to them. Glad to have both the Mighty and Crafty back!

BioSector,
Reactions: lapsda00

Stinky

So my Crafty was indeed waiting for me when I got home. Unlike the Mighty where they put a new serial number on my box and sent it back without accessories, this was a brand new sealed Crafty with a serial in the 20,xxx range. Has the new housing, cooling unit does not leak. Firmware 2.07. I'm not concerned about 2.08. If it was a serious problem, they wouldn't be sending out 2.07 still.

Since I live in Canada, they weren't able to provide a prepaid shipping label, but they did give me the same value that I paid in shipping in free screens and orings after I asked nicely in my email to them. Glad to have both the Mighty and Crafty back!

I have never heard of them compensating customers for postage. That's great news, good on you for asking.

Stinky,

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Hey Combustion fuckers! :rockon:
I sent my Crafty in 2 weeks ago. It overheated after 7 minutes at 190°C. I had 216 hours on it. I asked last week S&B per email and they told me that most of the workers are in holiday and that I have to wait until the 24th of August until they can take a look at my device. :\

Crafty Vaper,

philosopher

My third Crafty broke today... woke up this morning, tried to fire it up, was greeted with intermittent blinking red lights. Tried to plug it into charge and I get some weak green flashes, and then nothing. Sometimes I can connect to the vape via app, but I can't reset to factory settings (and the app quickly times out).

I don't even know what to say anymore. The Crafty is a wholly unreliable unit. I have babied this thing from day one, and yet it still fails over and over again. I guess I'm going to send it back to them, but with another 2 week downtime period, I think I'm just going to cut my losses and look into another vape. I really wanted to like this vape, and when it works, it's great. I'm going to ask if I can upgrade to the Mighty, but doubt that they will let me - hopefully if they do, that unit will have fewer problems.

philosopher,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
My third Crafty broke today... woke up this morning, tried to fire it up, was greeted with intermittent blinking red lights. Tried to plug it into charge and I get some weak green flashes, and then nothing. Sometimes I can connect to the vape via app, but I can't reset to factory settings (and the app quickly times out).

I don't even know what to say anymore. The Crafty is a wholly unreliable unit. I have babied this thing from day one, and yet it still fails over and over again. I guess I'm going to send it back to them, but with another 2 week downtime period, I think I'm just going to cut my losses and look into another vape. I really wanted to like this vape, and when it works, it's great. I'm going to ask if I can upgrade to the Mighty, but doubt that they will let me - hopefully if they do, that unit will have fewer problems.
Have had my Mighty for about three months now, not sure, and have had no problems whatsoever.:tup: Good luck!

UnshavenFish

I've dropped mine a few times and have the supposedly weak firmware (v2.05), never had any issues though. But then again I don't lean on it that hard, it's more of an occasional vape for me.

I'm in the same boat, 2.05 and dropped once or twice (only about a foot in height and onto carpet though) normally just a bowl or two a night.

UnshavenFish,
Reactions: grokit

Marky

Hey guys, Im back in nyc. I went to my house down in tampa florida for the weekend. Nobody is renting it at the moment for the first time this summer so I figured why not. It was a nice getaway I must say.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that boiling water is safe to use as a cleaning method. I left my cooling unit boiling for 21min before the water vaporized and barely any water was left. No damage was done and it left the plastic spotless. After 6 min the plastic was already cleaned as it was brand new but I wanted to see if the water damaged the plastic at all and after 21min when there's wasn't enough water left, the unit was still fine and had complete strength. This is some tough plastic. I don't see why anyone would keep it boiling for longer than 10 minutes to be quite honest so 21min should be an adequate experiment run time.

Best part about it is you get no aftertaste! I will be cleaning my units in boiling water from now on. Goodbye iso!

-Mark

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thank you for this pic! I'm going right back to that email they sent me and will reply with this pic. I want the newest firnware!

Edit: I just sent them an email reply from the time they told me I had the latest firmware and a newer one did not exist. I posted that screenshot on the email as well so I'd like to hear what they have to say now. Thanks again for the proof!

-Mark
I told you they just tell people anything they want to!

Marky

I told you they just tell people anything they want to!

You were! I actually thought about what you said when I saw that pic lmao. It is what it is. I'm happy with both my units so far so I can't complain. I just know I'm not crazy for expecting more from their CS. I'm glad some more members are starting to understand my frustration with them as I've been reading experiences others are having that are similar to mine. I'm curious to see how it plays out moving forward.

-Mark

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
You were! I actually thought about what you said when I saw that pic lmao. It is what it is. I'm happy with both my units so far so I can't complain. I just know I'm not crazy for expecting more from their CS. I'm glad some more members are starting to understand my frustration with them as I've been reading experiences others are having that are similar to mine. I'm curious to see how it plays out moving forward.

-Mark
I can dig it. I know this is the crafty thread, but when I had my mighty serviced they replaced the housing and gave me a firmware update.

The crazy thing is the mighty preformed better BEFORE the update...try that shit on for size! Then when I expressed my concerns (greatly DECREASED battery life being top of the list) I was treated like I didn't know what I was talking about.

Be careful of what you wish for is all I'm saying, the new update could turn your crafty to a POS to its former self.

Vape for thought.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I got an email from S&B today. Back from holiday the worker wrote that they have tested my unit and that they will send out a new one today. Still very happy with S&B and their products. My first Crafty made it 70 hours my second 217 hours. Let's see how long the third will make me feel happy!

Vambo1980

You've left your CU in ISO for weeks at a time without any negative effects?
Yes since last November I've cycled two CU in ISO soak for sometime more than two weeks at a time. Mostly every week though. Straight out of soak I wash with very hot soapy water then rinse with boiling water. I do still get the slightest ISO taste on the first bowl, but it's non existent on the next. I'm still on all the same o rings none have perished so far.

Edit: I removed the crafty logo and its glue on both CU

Also as a note to the people who are interested im still going strong on my replacement battery I fitted. Heat up time has increased to 1.40 total hours up to 281 (about 70 hrs on Samsung battery)

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yes since last November I've cycled two CU in ISO soak for sometime more than two weeks at a time. Mostly every week though. Straight out of soak I wash with very hot soapy water then rinse with boiling water. I do still get the slightest ISO taste on the first bowl, but it's non existent on the next. I'm still on all the same o rings none have perished so far.

Edit: I removed the crafty logo and its glue on both CU

Also as a note to the people who are interested im still going strong on my replacement battery I fitted. Heat up time has increased to 1.40 total hours up to 281 (about 70 hrs on Samsung battery)
Your replaced your own battery?

WakeAndVape,

vts

Checking back after a few weeks. I see people are still having issues with their Crafty. I've been happy with my 2 vapes, Crafty and Daisy. I think my Crafty is working even better than when I first got it (a couple of months ago) or maybe I'm just better at vaping now.

I've been taking my Crafty around town with me, can't beat the stealth of it. I do get paranoid, especially after use that I'll lose it or get it taken away, that would suck. The good thing is most people don't know what it is or what I'm doing.

But now that I vape, I see more people vaping. Funny story, I was parking at the beach with my girlfriend, thinking this is a good spot to vape, and I noticed the girl in the car next to me is doing the same thing. So we did a show and tell, compare and share session. She had a Pax, I never used one before, I didn't really like it, but she loved my Crafty.

Astedra

Ugh I got some block weed from Jamaica it's really compact crafty takes .3 grams off it my usuall stuff I pack the same and .2 so I'm wasting weed and it doesn't vapourize well maybe because it's wet I only get a few clouds only in boost temp mode almost no clouds at 356.

Astedra,
Top Bottom