Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Mr. Me2

Wow! My crafty cu that is leaking even with good o rings has a hole where you described! This is def where the leak is coming from. I am going to push SB to send me a new cu. This is not acceptable. Thank you for your observation! Good eyes!

Here's a pic of the cu with the hole (to the left).

301k76r.png

-Mark
Thanks for the picture! Keep us posted on S&B's handling of this. I'm curious to hear if they say that space should be punched out or not. Now I have to take a close look at my cu's.

skeletor

Review my post -- I edited it. Look at both of your CU's and at the piece that with the screen in it. Flip it over screen side down, and see if one of the two divits (little circles) is punched through. One of mine is on one CU, but not the other. Covering the hole plugs the leak.
Wow! My crafty cu that is leaking even with good o rings has a hole where you described! This is def where the leak is coming from. I am going to push SB to send me a new cu. This is not acceptable. Thank you for your observation! Good eyes!

Here's a pic of the cu with the hole (to the left).

301k76r.png

-Mark

Yep! That's what I'm seeing! Thanks for taking a good, high res pic!

The consistency with it being the *same* hole on all the CU's I've heard about makes me think this was by design, and not by mistake. But maybe it's time we e-mailed the good ol' folks at Storz & Bickel?

skeletor

I got a reply from SB after sending them an email with the pic I posted here of my cu with the hole.....

34shudu.png

-Mark
Interesting. I just e-mailed them as well, because I wanted to know which was supposed to be "as designed."

I guess we're not supposed to have that hole.

Thanks for sharing your outcome. Much appreciated!

skeletor,

Marky

Interesting. I just e-mailed them as well, because I wanted to know which was supposed to be "as designed."

I guess we're not supposed to have that hole.

Thanks for sharing your outcome. Much appreciated!

No problem. I like to help any way I can. We spend too much money to get anything but the best quality product.

I don't feel it's meant to be there. Those 2 divets are the posts that were there holding the unit up during fabrication. Somehow while cutting them off and sanding it down flush or something, it pops a hole thru one of the divets. It could be just 1 machine their using that pops the hole thru the unit then every unit being fabricated form that 1 machine will all come out with that same hole consistently. The fact they shipped me a new one so quick makes me doubt it's by design. Hopefully you get a new unit as well. I'm going to use this one with the hole for my muzzmod.

-Mark

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can't seem to figure out how to upload my screenshot...but my word is bond.
How to post pictures.

Using a mobile device
  1. Go to http://m.imgur.com
  2. Tap the arrow icon at the top right of the page
  3. Tap the device icon
  4. Navigate to the location of the image on your device
  5. Select the image by tapping it
  6. Tap the start upload icon and wait for the image to upload
  7. Select Linked BB from the dropdown menu above the image
  8. Copy the code to the right of the dropdown
  9. Paste the code you just copied into your post on fc
:peace:

Dweez

Does anyone know where to get replacement *small* o rings for the crafty cooling unit? They seem to ware out very fast (I've gone through 2 in two months) and it seems ridiculous to have to buy a whole new cooling unit just because one ring has broken. Any suggestions?
3bzmHtM
flITiJO

Dweez,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Pyr0,
Reactions: Stu

BioSector

@Dweez you can also buy replacement O ring kits from S&B at about $6 a piece. Wish they would offer a pack of just the O-rings that need to be replaced however.

BioSector,

UnshavenFish

Does anyone know where to get replacement *small* o rings for the crafty cooling unit? They seem to ware out very fast (I've gone through 2 in two months) and it seems ridiculous to have to buy a whole new cooling unit just because one ring has broken. Any suggestions?
3bzmHtM
flITiJO

Depending on which one the *small* is I posted this a while back, if it is this one if its not installed like in my pic the hologram part will damage the ring when closing the CU

Just a thought on this, is everyone that has trouble with this putting the o-ring on all the way down?

I'm on my first and it still looks good, if this is the one we are talking about:shrug:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-crafty-by-storz-bickel.15984/page-208#post-808001

BioSector

True that can happen fish but I've been careful of that since seeing your post but still have had one of those ones break down.

Marky

Thank you for this pic! I'm going right back to that email they sent me and will reply with this pic. I want the newest firnware!

Edit: I just sent them an email reply from the time they told me I had the latest firmware and a newer one did not exist. I posted that screenshot on the email as well so I'd like to hear what they have to say now. Thanks again for the proof!

-Mark

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
S&b might have decided to reel the v02.08 firmware in for whatever reason, for example maybe it didn't work that well in practice and its release was very limited. It will be interesting to hear what they say.

Last edited:

Marky

I went ahead and cut my cu which had a hole in it for 1 of my 3 PonG's ("muzzmod") I plan on making. I was lazy and used my dremel lol. The cut was done in less than 30 seconds. It cut through like butter. In the pic below you see where I have the wheel lined up for the cut. All that is needed is a even slice as far deep and across from left to right and then repeat the same on the other side and it will fall right off. If you did it steady then you should be left with the tabs sticking out a bit and the surface untouched.

I then swapped out the cutting wheel attached to the dremel for a sanding wheel to sand down the tabs on the surface so that it is flat for the glass adapter to sit flush.

The final product is a flat and smooth surface. I'm very happy with the results and it was super quick and took no effort besides holding the dremel steady while cutting and sanding. I am still waiting on my glass adapters to arrive. Once they do, I will finish the mod.

116iemx.jpg

2ikpbua.jpg

34ngwtc.jpg

23mmnwz.jpg

-Mark

stereo420

Thank you for this pic! I'm going right back to that email they sent me and will reply with this pic. I want the newest firnware!

Edit: I just sent them an email reply from the time they told me I had the latest firmware and a newer one did not exist. I posted that screenshot on the email as well so I'd like to hear what they have to say now. Thanks again for the proof!

-Mark

I literally just got this device yesterday. Maybe the firmware was just released. You say you want the newest firmware...whats wrong with your current Crafty?

Marky

I literally just got this device yesterday. Maybe the firmware was just released. You say you want the newest firmware...whats wrong with your current Crafty?

Nothing at all, I just want the newest version since I just purchased my crafty as well, 2 weeks ago. My current unit works flawlessly but who knows what upgrades they did to 2.08, if any. If I purchased my unit months ago I wouldn't ask for a new one. I purchased the crafty directly through SB at full price to get the latest model and if 2.08 was released before I placed my order then I should have 2.08 and not 2.07.

At the end of the day, most likely my unit will get replaced at one point before warranty expires so I'll have the latest version eventually.

-Mark

Marky,

JayDay

Newbs
...and Im here struggling to get my unit replaced.

So my local vape shop just got back to me after emailing SnB. They told me that I have to do a short video of the issue and a short narration of what happened.

JayDay,

stereo420

Nothing at all, I just want the newest version since I just purchased my crafty as well, 2 weeks ago. My current unit works flawlessly but who knows what upgrades they did to 2.08, if any. If I purchased my unit months ago I wouldn't ask for a new one. I purchased the crafty directly through SB at full price to get the latest model and if 2.08 was released before I placed my order then I should have 2.08 and not 2.07.

At the end of the day, most likely my unit will get replaced at one point before warranty expires so I'll have the latest version eventually.

-Mark

I totally agree with you, assuming the firmware was indeed available at the time you clicked 'buy'. However, I can't help but feel like the time and energy put into updating your firmware could be spent towards repairing an imperative issue for a fellow Crafty/Mighty user. Karma would ideally and hopefully expedite the process when its your turn.

Top Bottom