Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Damn... 22,000 sold already? There are more Craftys in the wild than there are FC members. Must be a conspiracy or something...:uhoh:

:peace:

I don’t think that is the case. Think about all the replacement units and units that have been warranty repaired and thus issued a new label/serial number, if you go back in posts I think you will see a few instances of this.

Wouldn’t be too far off 22,000 manufactured but its not 100% accurate.
22,000 is all manufactured, repaired and warranty replaced.

Having said that I know a few of my friends have crafty’s and it is the top rated portable on pretty much every review site/channel, with good reason in my opinion.

Kingly

My Crafty unit has finally bitten the dust after 9 months of nearly daily use. Been using it pretty heavily over the last fortnight and after setting it to charge last night I woke up this morning to the unit flashing red and yellow. According to the manual, that's a faulty unit.

Packaged it up and now it's in the post office on it's way to Germany to be repaired. Anyone know how long this takes on average? Whilst I do need a tolerance break, I would rather not do it on my fortnight holiday which starts on Monday!

Here's a few issues I have had over the 9 months:

1) Gets dirty fast, pretty much always have to clean it. This can be improved by either replacing the default screen with one of the finer screens however these get clogged up easily with oil and resin after a while. I usually poke a few larger holes into the smaller screen to make a mixture of both.

Alternatively, you can remove the screen altogether and stuff a liquid pad up there. Works pretty well but the pad gets really sticky and tarry after a while.

2) Nearly all of the plastic around my heating unit snapped off.

3) Upgraded my phone to one with low energy bluetooth capabilities, a sony xperia z3 compact - however it doesn't work with the app...

4) Only ever happened whilst I was high, so may not be 100% accurate however I have experienced electric shocks from the unit after sort of squeezing it (when high)...

5) Broke a ton of micro usb cables, wish there was an alternative method of charging.

Ah well, I still have my MFLB & Power adapter to keep me going.

EDIT: FUCK ME THE MFLB DOES NOT COMPARE, IT SO SO WEAK :(

Kingly,
Reactions: vapeppau

Mr. Me2

How many FCers find the cu too hard to clean or keep clean and have bought extra cu's? I just had my 1st major cleaning and it wasn't fun. Next time I'll do it while the unit is still warm!

Mr. Me2,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
How many FCers find the cu too hard to clean or keep clean and have bought extra cu's? I just had my 1st major cleaning and it wasn't fun. Next time I'll do it while the unit is still warm!
How are you cleaning it? The cooling unit shouldn't have to be warm to clean it. I take it apart and give it an ISO bath for about 15 minutes...someone else suggested warm ISO for faster results...I however, haven't seen the need to yet.

WakeAndVape,

Mr. Me2

How are you cleaning it? The cooling unit shouldn't have to be warm to clean it. I take it apart and give it an ISO bath for about 15 minutes...someone else suggested warm ISO for faster results...I however, haven't seen the need to yet.
I tried scraping and wiping with ISO, but that wasn't working great, so I tried an ISO bath, but not for that long. I thought I read somewhere here that you don't want to submerge the whole cu (does it discolor?). Maybe I just need to soak it longer. Plus I was having trouble getting into all the nooks and crannies.

Mr. Me2,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I tried scraping and wiping with ISO, but that wasn't working great, so I tried an ISO bath, but not for that long. I thought I read somewhere here that you don't want to submerge the whole cu (does it discolor?). Maybe I just need to soak it longer. Plus I was having trouble getting into all the nooks and crannies.
Na dude, the vapecritic said it would discolor it...fortunately he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about in this case. I ISO soak the cooling unit about once a week for a half an hour. I also soak the O-Rings too. After you soak it swab any residual gunk off with a tip and your golden
The final step is rinsing it off and drying it on a paper towel

Mr. Me2

Na dude, the vapecritic said it would discolor it...fortunately he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about in this case. I ISO soak the cooling unit about once a week for a half an hour. I also soak the O-Rings too. After you soak it swab any residual gunk off with a tip and your golden
The final step is rinsing it off and drying it on a paper towel
I knew I heard it somewhere! Thanks for the cleaning tips!!! One other question/clarification - do you rinse it off under running water? Thanks again!

Mr. Me2,

JustsVapeityo

So recently to clean the heating chamber, i just take a single piece of toilet paper and stuff it in and twist while its hot from use, the tp forms to the bowl and the thing is clean in a twist. Still have to take the screen out and clean it every once in a while, but this is way easier for keeping the bowl clean.

JustsVapeityo,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I knew I heard it somewhere! Thanks for the cleaning tips!!! One other question/clarification - do you rinse it off under running water? Thanks again!
Unless I'm high and think I'll drop some pieces down the drain, running water is fine or you can do a cup too

So recently to clean the heating chamber, i just take a single piece of toilet paper and stuff it in and twist while its hot from use, the tp forms to the bowl and the thing is clean in a twist. Still have to take the screen out and clean it every once in a while, but this is way easier for keeping the bowl clean.
I was a fan of ISO and Q-Tips...but now the magic eraser is the number one advertised way to keep that bowl sparkling!

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Astedra

So I got my replacement crafty, serial over 021000, and there is a slight change to the area where the cooling unit locks on.

Astedra

image_zpsgxlq6mko.jpg

image_zpsguvjfngq.jpg

I'm not sure if all v 2.07 look like this.

Last edited:

bigmouth

Na dude, the vapecritic said it would discolor it...fortunately he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about in this case.
To clarify, the Crafty manual specifically warns not to immerse the plastic in alcohol for longer than an hour or you risk discoloring the plastic and making it brittle. Personally, I find that soaking for 15-20 minutes, followed by some strategic scrubbing with a q-tip, works well.

BioSector

Nice, looks like Crafty has the new housing now too. My original Crafty hasn't developed any of the issues my Mighty did so no worries yet but great to know when the time comes a new Crafty will be beefier too.

Vambo1980

Regarding cleaning, I have 2 CU one is in constant ISO soak complete with o rings. When the other one gets dirty I pick out the one in soak, drain off the excess ISO then wash with hot soapy water. Rinse Dry and use. Not before plonking the dirty CU into the dark brown ISO solution ready for next time.

I've never had any issues with this, O rings are fine cu has not cracked unlike the actual unit.

Before I started doing this I first removed the holographic crafty label and its glue from the inlay. Every 3 months or so I filter the ISO and put it on a coffee warmer for a few days for reclaim. Although I don't vape the reclaim, I generally make a topical tincture or cream. Have also recently made some capsules with the reclaim mixed with coconut oil. They knock you out! Only have a small amount of oil in too.

The improved case looks like a step in right direction.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I would love to keep my bowl sparkling but the magic eraser seems like it would have strange chemicals that I might not want to inhale.
What chemicals does the magic eraser have? It is non toxic iirc...but do an iso swab after and a burn off. It WILL get your bowl nice, I have NEVER tasted or smelled any foreign chemicals or compounds after I used it either...seems better than 'seems' and 'mights' in the scientific testing department?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Just picked up a Ryot case for my Crafty/Persei/Herc and I no longer have smelly drawers!
A bit of an off topic question, but is the persei Really good for concentrates? My LHS has them for under $20 and that alone made me skeptical
As far as casing the crafty, a smelly proof bag does wonders

WakeAndVape,

Ricchini

Man my Crafty charging cord must be shitty. I woke up this morning to a 2bar half dead Crafty.

I'm using a micro USB cord I bought from a computer supply store.

It usually doesn't take nearly this long to charge.

I have to work all day in the blazing heat, I NEED my Crafty for the ride home.

Sitting here watching a pot of water boil with this charging situation.

Ricchini,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Man my Crafty charging cord must be shitty. I woke up this morning to a 2bar half dead Crafty.

I'm using a micro USB cord I bought from a computer supply store.

It usually doesn't take nearly this long to charge.

I have to work all day in the blazing heat, I NEED my Crafty for the ride home.

Sitting here watching a pot of water boil with this charging situation.
I'm no expert, so I likely don't know shit...but here is an attempt to pass an educated guess as fact.
All micro usb chords are not created equally, there are different types (data+power or a combination of the two) and also different chords carry different currents through them.

It could very well be what it is plugged to as well, but if it is the crafty wall charger of a 2.1A USB port, I would get a better chord.

WakeAndVape,

Dweez

Not sure if that was a mistake, but I CAN be used while charging

If the crafty ever breaks, tell them you want a mighty, they'll charge you for the upgrade, but you can make it happen.

Really? I thought it wouldn't charge the battery until it cooled off enough.

That's good to know that I can upgrade to the mighty.

Dweez,
Top Bottom