Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

shaolinmilk

So I got my Crafty upgraded to the Mighty for $30 and the turnaround time was about two weeks. In my heart, I truly believed that the Mighty will be better due to the on screen LED display, faster heat up time and longer battery life.

As of now, I'm on the fence about it since it feels much bigger than the Crafty. The Crafty feels much better in the hands, however the battery was very iffy in my opinion. If only they could put the Mighty inside the Crafty with interchangeable batteries. That would be the dream...

shaolinmilk,
Reactions: turbovap

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
Hot iso is the shit! Took me like 15 minutes to clean, and what I got is a beutifull golden solution in a jar. Hash will be of high quality based on that color.

YetAnotherUsername,
Reactions: WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So I got my Crafty upgraded to the Mighty for $30 and the turnaround time was about two weeks. In my heart, I truly believed that the Mighty will be better due to the on screen LED display, faster heat up time and longer battery life.

As of now, I'm on the fence about it since it feels much bigger than the Crafty. The Crafty feels much better in the hands, however the battery was very iffy in my opinion. If only they could put the Mighty inside the Crafty with interchangeable batteries. That would be the dream...

Everyone on this forums dream..but in this case I don't think dreams come true

WakeAndVape,

Resinberg

I'm so torn between the mighty and the crafty
The crafty seems more size friendly

But the mighty has everything else I'm looking for battery power screen temp adjustment

Obviously everybody here bought a crafty because they like it but I gotta ask does anyone ever second guess their purchase wish they went with the bigger unit

Mr Mellish

But the mighty has everything else I'm looking for battery power screen temp adjustment

Obviously everybody here bought a crafty because they like it but I gotta ask does anyone ever second guess their purchase wish they went with the bigger unit

I've never seen the Mighty but I don't regret my Crafty purchase in any way. If I were a heavy user, I suspect that my opinion would be different. Daily usage should factor into the decision. Oh, and stealth...the Crafty fits nicely into a man's hand (might be a bit large for a woman's hand in terms of stealth).

UnshavenFish

I am a heavy user and the crafty works fine for me but I do have other vapes to use if longer runtime is needed, so it will depend on how often/long you plan on using it before needing charged, if 3-4 bowls (average) is enough to keep you going before charging again (whether by powerbank or wall charger) then the crafty will do fine, but if you really want temp display and controls on device or more runtime between charges then the mighty would suite better if the extra size isn't a problem.

Lots of other things to consider but for the way I use mine I'm happy with the crafty as I don't need the extra runtime and can't believe I'm going to say this but the apple app has worked flawlessly for me (even though I don't really use it now, just have it set where I like)
There are others even over the last few pages who have had the crafty and changed it for a mighty when having issues with their crafty as it suited their usage better, as with everything in life everyone is different and have different wants/needs, it's a hard choice but it all comes down to how you plan on using it and what things you can live without as each one have some drawbacks/sacrifice.

DorianGray

I'm happy with my crafty and I think I have 90 hours on it.

If someone is deciding between the two I'd suggest they consider two things.

1) how long their sessions are. My sessions are 8-10 mins long and as soon as I'm done, I'm charging it.

2) Will you be taking advantage of its stealth design? It fits so perfectly in your hand, its almost impossible for someone to see it.. Some people don't give a crap about that , then they should probably go with the mighty. The mighty isn't that much bigger anyway but you can't hide it in your hand though. :rofl:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

I purchased the mighty because my LHS was out of the crafty.

The mighty isn't as big as you think.

I got the crafty for a great deal about a month later....

...not the biggest fan, due to battery alone and the performance drop once said battery gets lowish (about 2 bars)

if I didn't have either vape, but know what I know now...i would buy the mighy!

if size isn't your main factor go mighty...trust me!

Resinberg

I purchased the mighty because my LHS was out of the crafty.

The mighty isn't as big as you think.

I got the crafty for a great deal about a month later....

...not the biggest fan, due to battery alone and the performance drop once said battery gets lowish (about 2 bars)

if I didn't have either vape, but know what I know now...i would buy the mighy!

if size isn't your main factor go mighty...trust me!

Thanks I think I will go mighty I'm in the Bay Area Ca everyone smokes or vapes so I don't need to be too discrete I just need something I can carry

And I think for the price difference the screen and extra battery it's will worth it

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks I think I will go mighty I'm in the Bay Area Ca everyone smokes or vapes so I don't need to be too discrete I just need something I can carry

And I think for the price difference the screen and extra battery it's will worth it

It really is...
plus I use SUPER HEAVY and when I was ONLY using the mighty, I had to charge it once in the middle of the day, the crafty requires constant attention, unless you want to pull a dead unit out your pocket!

plus the might charges in a little over an hour.

the crafty...A few hours

I am going to send my crafty in to be fixed and won't exchange it for a mighty
because my girlfriend likes the app..lol

I really like the size though and will use it if the situation calls for it...

...you've made a wise choice...be proud!

Stinky

Lots of people have posted about paying the $30 upgrade fee to return their Crafty units for Mightys.

Stinky,

shaolinmilk

I had the Crafty, however I got it upgraded to the Mighty due to battery/heat issues. The Crafty fits in the hands perfectly and can be concealed. The Mighty on the other hand feels a little too big for the hands, however its battery life and fast heat up time is amazing.

The Crafty I had was a CY008XXX model and when the unit got too hot, the air path would just be clogged and the resistance was unbearable (Probably due to a defective unit). I had to constantly charge the batteries as I was only getting about 2 and a half session per charge. I was definitely regretting not getting a Mighty, however since I got the Mighty, I realized how good the Crafty was when taking it out (mostly due to the size).

With that said, if I had to pick between the Crafty or Mighty right now, I would favour the Mighty for its battery life. With the Crafty, if the unit had only 2 bars of battery left, the performance would drop and become noticeable. I do miss my Crafty however... I may just get another unit in the near future.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I had the Crafty, however I got it upgraded to the Mighty due to battery/heat issues. The Crafty fits in the hands perfectly and can be concealed. The Mighty on the other hand feels a little too big for the hands, however its battery life and fast heat up time is amazing.

The Crafty I had was a CY008XXX model and when the unit got too hot, the air path would just be clogged and the resistance was unbearable (Probably due to a defective unit). I had to constantly charge the batteries as I was only getting about 2 and a half session per charge. I was definitely regretting not getting a Mighty, however since I got the Mighty, I realized how good the Crafty was when taking it out (mostly due to the size).

With that said, if I had to pick between the Crafty or Mighty right now, I would favour the Mighty for its battery life. With the Crafty, if the unit had only 2 bars of battery left, the performance would drop and become noticeable. I do miss my Crafty however... I may just get another unit in the near future.
Having both is optimal...I was however trying to petition the girlfriend to upgrade her crafty to a mighty or a plenty because she hates the battery life too, but the refused.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Having both is optimal...I was however trying to petition the girlfriend to upgrade her crafty to a mighty or a plenty because she hates the battery life too, but the refused.

I've had all 3. The Crafty battery was just way to annoying. I upgraded to MIghty. I have the Plenty, tried to use it to spare my Crafty (and even now with the Mighty). It's a totally different experience (hit). Bigger air path, lots of volume out of the plenty, but somehow the mighty satisfies me more. Maybe if I packed the Plenty full, it might perform, but that's like 2 grams plus.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I've had all 3. The Crafty battery was just way to annoying. I upgraded to MIghty. I have the Plenty, tried to use it to spare my Crafty (and even now with the Mighty). It's a totally different experience (hit). Bigger air path, lots of volume out of the plenty, but somehow the mighty satisfies me more. Maybe if I packed the Plenty full, it might perform, but that's like 2 grams plus.

That 2 gram thing may have just ended my quest for a plenty...lol, thanks!

Well, I did the following: I sold my Mighty and bought a second Crafty.
When one of them runs out of battery, the other is fully charged .;) and still have a PowerBank 10,400 mAh MediaRange.

The problems are over-:)

The mighty was too big for me.

Wow...we really all do have different needs, the mighty is preferred because it heats up way faster too, the crafty for me is a 'niche' vape the mighty holds the wheel daily

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Well, I did the following: I sold my Mighty and bought a second Crafty.
When one of them runs out of battery, the other is fully charged .;) and still have a PowerBank 10,400 mAh MediaRange.

The problems are over-:)

The mighty was too big for me.
It's amazing how we all have different needs, and that's what makes it so interesting...

Stinky

One of the latest firmware updates rectified these issues.

Stinky,

jlevine31

Hey, I have a relatively new crafty (only 2 hours of use). Very much enjoying but notice when I take down a full bowl it gets really hot, particularly when it's cooling down if I have to put it in my pocket (sounds dirty actually). Is that the type of thing the firmware fixes or is this not sufficient to get a repair?

jlevine31,

queefermadness

Until recently I was having trouble getting large clouds with small loads. What has worked for me is packing small load (bout 1/2 full) real tight with round end of pick. It's also important to draw slow with a small load, as pulling too hard will cause load to move around in chamber allowing hot air to bypass the herb causing thin clouds. ✌

Stay crafty my friends....

queefermadness,
Reactions: MoonMonk

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey, I have a relatively new crafty (only 2 hours of use). Very much enjoying but notice when I take down a full bowl it gets really hot, particularly when it's cooling down if I have to put it in my pocket (sounds dirty actually). Is that the type of thing the firmware fixes or is this not sufficient to get a repair?
Vaporizers by their very nature tend to get hot. Don't put hot things in your pocket. :2c:

:peace:

UnshavenFish

Don't put hot things in your pocket

I read this and had flashbacks to being little, I have issues knowing when something hurts (was tested when young, well I say tested I went to hospital and they pumped electricity through me while the doctors stood looking puzzled :mental:) even broken bones and not noticed and had to have them rebroken and set :doh: anyway I used to hear don't put hot things (sausages out of the pan) in your pocket and don't put sharp things in your shoes, a lot...ahh memory's :lmao:

JayDay

Newbs
2g's on the Plenty? Man I was planning on getting that, but thats too much. What is everybody else using as a home unit that would toke as the Crafty?

Until recently I was having trouble getting large clouds with small loads. What has worked for me is packing small load (bout 1/2 full) real tight with round end of pick. It's also important to draw slow with a small load, as pulling too hard will cause load to move around in chamber allowing hot air to bypass the herb causing thin clouds. ✌

Stay crafty my friends....

Have you tried it? Mine stays like a round block when I do small loads, even without the pad. Still cloudy too, get like 6-8 decent hits. Maybe depends on the flowers too.

Slow on the first hit til the temp drops, rip it when the temp goes back up.

Last edited:
JayDay,
Top Bottom