Crafty - Battery temp sensor replacement

altivec

Hi to all,

by trying to fix my Crafty i unfortunately broke my battery temp sensor, wire broke near the connect (maybe was already fragile).... any how i was wondering if anyone had the part laying around for sale.

Am located in Canada.

Thanks!

altivec,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey @altivec ... I'd love to help you out, but have failed for the most part to build reliable temp sensors. The size of the connector, and the gauge of the wire is just so small, every attempt I made resulted in the wire breaking (I got 1 out of 10 I tried working for a while, but it did break as well when I removed it)

It's a 10k thermistor that you need for it, and it's a JST connector. You can get the crimp pins and connector from DigiKey, but I'm yet to find a suitable thermistor I can get crimped on with any success rate (I don't think my <$100 crimp tool from Japan is good enough for this, they do sell one from DigiKey for >$1,000 that might do the job ... but obviously one would have to have the need to crimp a lot of connectors to justify that type of cost!)

Edit: I did have a spare a while back from a broken unit, but already sent it out to another member quite a while ago. Hopefully someone will pipe up here with a broken Crafty ... the circuit board does fail on them sometimes ... I'll also try to go through my messages and find 1 or 2 people with defective circuit boards to see if they might want to sell you their sensor.

altivec

Hi JCat,

i've manage to fix the thermal sensor! I've use solid wire (breadboard jumper) and stuck it in the connector (fit under the original crimp) and then i've epoxy both cable and connector so it's a "permanent". I did exchange with someone that is sending me his dead Mighty unit so i'll be able to salvage a proper working sensor from it.

But my battery does seem to be at his end-of-life. The charge status is not good anymore it say it's full go for 2 session of 10/15 minutes each, then charge it again for 2 hours (says it's full on the app, blue light is steady on) and only good for barely 5min before shutting down and don't want to go back on at all.

I've send you a PM here regarding battery, if you could reply to my message with proper price for 2 & 3 battery pricing with delivery to Montreal (my postal code is in the PM) it would be appreciated!

altivec,

tdriver

blue red flashing..... on my crafty (+) even when hot ,the app shows: "battery too low ,warm up vaporizer"
....sometimes it works though. bad thermistor ,bad connection?

tdriver,
Top Bottom