Could you be happy with just one vape (and which is it)?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
That's why I burn it first! ; )
I don’t trust those companies with my lung health, And this is after owning like 5 of those devices you listed 🙃

It may say 11x filtered (or whatever it happens to be) but I know for a fact all those cans are lined with BPA containing plastic liners, and if it says BPA free, there’s a really good chance the formulation they used is actually more harmful and less studied than BPA 😅. Not only those, but there’s guaranteed to be phthalates in there too! Among other things depending on the brand you’re using. The fact remains that none of the butane any of us are using is actually meant to be directly inhaled, and as such, there’s certain health precautions that haven’t been taken, or even looked into, regarding how we use it.

When I had those vapes, I could very much taste the butane. Ever since I got rid of those I haven’t tasted the same tastes. The Lotus certainly doesn’t have that taste and they should be principally identical, but they’re not.

Functionally though, definitely kickass vapes. Some of the hardest hitting out there.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I've never read anything reputable suggesting they're not safe, and I haven't had any reactions or sensitivities myself, but with any sensitivity leading to discomfort or worse it's wise to avoid the cause. Some folks have to sell their Ti gear, etc.

hoptimum

Direct inhale butane is no bueno :ko:
Direct inhale butane is no bueno :ko:

Is Using a Butane Lighter Unhealthy?​

President of and Co-founder of SC Labs, Josh Wurzer, claims that “for what it’s worth, butane is relatively non-toxic.” SC Lab is a leading cannabis lab in California that conducted residual solvent tests to “identify the presence of harmful solvents, impurities, and/or other added odorants and chemicals in cannabis.” Butane was placed as a class 33 solvent, meaning it has a low toxic potential to humans. According to this study, using a butane lighter has little effect on the body.

Additionally, according to data presented by the global energy company Hess, butane is non-toxic by inhalation. However, they did find that “inhalation of high concentrations may cause central nervous system depression such as dizziness, drowsiness, headache, and similar narcotic symptoms, but no long-term effects.”

With both of these sources considered, using a butane lighter is relatively safe in moderation.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
A link would have been better than copy pasta; while I use butane vapes (OG Brick mostly) and am not personally concerned, flicking a Bic on your joint/bowl is not the same as using a high pressure butane torch that is aimed directly into the inhalation path.

4-Aces King-High

A link would have been better than copy pasta; while I use butane vapes (OG Brick mostly) and am not personally concerned, flicking a Bic on your joint/bowl is not the same as using a high pressure butane torch that is aimed directly into the inhalation path.
For myself it comes down to Variety. One minute I use the dynavap, the next minute B1or B0,maybe the Beaker Bong(combusting-definitely very little of this)TM2 ,Mighty plus or Angus or thENano XL. LUCKILY? I was able to buy all with Credit and paying back way slower than I spent on all Vapor/Combusting World. The Caveat to All of the”variety” is NO Pharmaceuticals just Medical Flower.
Again, If only one TM2/Finland /Portable or lol Mighty Plus
Desktop if only oneB1or B0, or lol E Nano XL
TORCH Powered ; DynaVap B

Last edited:
4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: Ramahs

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
This inhaling butane jet wash thing has been debated here several times. If you search for it, you'll find quite a few threads.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

PeteyS

-Crafty+. My outside/doing stuff vape.
-Dynavap-My ritualistic and hardest hitting vape.
-Arizer v tower/d dave mod-My at home always on vape.

I think I have most of the bases covered here, and if i could only pick one it would probably be the crafty/mighty just for the ease and portability of the unit. I could live with just one, but only if i stop watching and reading vape videos haha.

howie105

Without any other changes in things like parts and power availability I would now probably go with my Elev8r baller. I can run large (1 g) to small (.06 g) loads on pieces as short as a j-hook up to 17" straight tube. Performance wise the Elev8r can be configured to be a taste machine or a cloud monster thanks in large part to the control and feedback provided by the PID.

PeteyS

Im a little concerned as well with he inhalation of butane. I don't think it is good for you, and think it is worse then using a bic lighter.
Having said that, I am looking for a SB for my next vape, but don't plan on using it as my sole vaporizer.

PeteyS,

hoptimum

Im a little concerned as well with he inhalation of butane. I don't think it is good for you, and think it is worse then using a bic lighter. Having said that, I am looking for a SB for my next vape, but don't plan on using it as my sole vaporizer.
Im a little concerned as well with he inhalation of butane. I don't think it is good for you, and think it is worse then using a bic lighter. Having said that, I am looking for a SB for my next vape, but don't plan on using it as my sole vaporizer.
Im a little concerned as well with he inhalation of butane. I don't think it is good for you, and think it is worse then using a bic lighter.
Having said that, I am looking for a SB for my next vape, but don't plan on using it as my sole vaporizer.
The claim that ignited butane is dangerous has been made numerous times, including on this forum. As far as I know there has been no accredited evidence to support it. Butane torches have been around for over 50 years and as far as I know no widespread health issues have been reported.

Everyone must make their own decisions about their health, and I use high quality butane to minimize impurities.

But I’m not trashing my Stickybrick, Vapor Genie, Lotus or Vapman until I see peer reviewed research that definitively proves that ignited butane from torches is dangerous when inhaled.

hoptimum,
Reactions: howie105

hinglemccringleberry

But I’m not trashing my Stickybrick, Vapor Genie, Lotus or Vapman until I see peer reviewed research that definitively proves that ignited butane from torches is dangerous when inhaled.
I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the Vapman and Lotus are part of this concern...

hinglemccringleberry

they require butane torches and expose the user to ignited butane.
I think you need to go take another look at the Lotus and Vapman and think about how they are heated and inhaled from. You'll see that they are not in the same category as the Sticky Brick ;)

With the Sticky Brick, the real reason I stopped using it is because it was impossible to get good hits consistently. Way too many variables.
Using the thing with consistent success is as complicated as flying an airplane. No thanks...

Last edited:

hoptimum

This is wrong. You don’t hit the Vapman while you heat it. You aren’t being “exposed” to anything. Also the whole point of the Lotus and it’s patent is that you don’t inhale the butane, so no cause for concern with that one either.
What makes you think ignited butane is dangerous in any context?

I think you need to go take another look at the Lotus and Vapman and think about how they are heated and inhaled from. You'll see that they are not in the same category as the Sticky Brick ;)

With the Sticky Brick, I have the same concern as you but the real reason I stopped using it is because it was impossible to get good hits consistently. Way too many variables.
Using the thing with consistent success is as complicated as flying an airplane. No thanks...
The Sticky Brick is easy for an experienced user.

Do you have any evidence that ignited butane from a butane torch is dangerous? I'd love to see it.

hoptimum,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
What makes you think ignited butane is dangerous in any context?
I re-read your earlier reply and I see I got lost in translation. I thought you said you were going to trash your butane vapes until you saw studies, not that you weren’t.

Either way, Vapman and Lotus aren’t included in my concerns for inhaling ignited (improperly or otherwise) butane.

Though, there was that one thread on Reddit a while ago now where someone actually developed some lung problems, seemingly as a direct result from using a sticky brick, and their problem subsided when they stopped using it. Anecdotal, of course, but there is a precedent for it causing problems.

Edit:

I believe This is the post I’m referring to. I don’t have Reddit on my phone atm so I can’t view it, but I’m sure this is the one.

Last edited:
Arawfish,

hoptimum

I re-read your earlier reply and I see I got lost in translation. I thought you said you were going to trash your butane vapes until you saw studies, not that you weren’t.

Either way, Vapman and Lotus aren’t included in my concerns for inhaling ignited (improperly or otherwise) butane.

Though, there was that one thread on Reddit a while ago now where someone actually developed some lung problems, seemingly as a direct result from using a sticky brick, and their problem subsided when they stopped using it. Anecdotal, of course, but there is a precedent for it causing problems.

Edit:

I believe This is the post I’m referring to. I don’t have Reddit on my phone atm so I can’t view it, but I’m sure this is the one.

One anonymous person on Reddit saying he "developed some lung problems seemingly from using a sticky brick" doesn't qualify as a peer reviewed study.

Thanks anyway

You're an idiot.
And you failed to provide any evidence for your specious claims that torch lighters, which have been on the market for decades, are all of a sudden dangerous.

Thanks.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
One anonymous person on Reddit saying he "developed some lung problems seemingly from using a sticky brick" doesn't qualify as a peer reviewed study.

Thanks anyway
Lol. Did you even look at the link I posted? I never said it was “peer reviewed”. There’s no need to be a dick. Does that post not interest you even in the slightest?

Also, name any application in these “decades” of using torch lighters where people are continually inhaling the exhaust for 30 seconds at a time, multiple times a day. The only use case is the vapour genie, and I see no studies claiming it’s safe either, so what do you know?

Arawfish,

hoptimum

Lol. Did you even look at the link I posted? I never said it was “peer reviewed”. There’s no need to be a dick. Does that post not interest you even in the slightest?

I asked if you had any credible evidence that butane torches have been proved to be dangerous through any peer reviewed scientific studies and you found some rando on Reddit?

C'mon man. Do you have any credible evidence?

hoptimum,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I asked if you had any credible evidence that butane torches have been proved to be dangerous through any peer reviewed scientific studies and you found some rando on Reddit?

C'mon man. Do you have any credible evidence?
do you have any suggesting it’s completely safe? I’ve never seen anything saying it’s safe with use in the vapes we’re talking about specifically.

Arawfish,

hinglemccringleberry

Oh I get it. Lol, hoptimum there's no need to fight me about it. I don't disagree with you about butane.
I only jumped in because you said you will clutch your Lotus and Vapman forever because some people believe butane is harmful with no evidence to support the claim. And I'm like, "dude, the Lotus and Vapman are NOT the vapes in question here. But it sounds like you think they are, which makes no rational sense. If you're focused on the real topic here, you are debating people about the Sticky Brick and Genie. That's all I was saying.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
  • Wow
Reactions: hoptimum
Top Bottom