Texus

Also a big fan of the @VGOODIEZ bowls for the Couchlog as well. with the screen so high up to be at the appropriate distance from the flower, you also get a little window into the density of the vapor from below the screen to where the injector bowl starts turning frosted at the 14/18mm joint with your glass piece. love watching ground bud being vaporized and shrinking as you are extracting all those great terps.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Also a big fan of the @VGOODIEZ bowls for the Couchlog as well. with the screen so high up to be at the appropriate distance from the flower, you also get a little window into the density of the vapor from below the screen to where the injector bowl starts turning frosted at the 14/18mm joint with your glass piece. love watching ground bud being vaporized and shrinking as you are extracting all those great terps.

I noticed this with my wpas as well. U can watch the load shrink down and turn browner with each hit. As well as watch the vapor stream down the tube.

onesixty2

Ok guys, I think I have nailed down a super solid fully adjustable basket style (like my TM and nano XL stuff) wpa for this incredible vape. I can now use MUCH less herb with the same results as before with the factory wpa. What do you guys think?
IMG-0942.jpg
IMG-0944.jpg
IMG-0943.jpg
I’m not sure I understand what’s happening here? Is this just a wpa with a friction fit screen placement? What’s the purpose of that and how is it kept in place? My only other experience with a friction screen was the absolutely worst injector experience with the thing falling out every other bowl…

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I’m not sure I understand what’s happening here? Is this just a wpa with a friction fit screen placement? What’s the purpose of that and how is it kept in place? My only other experience with a friction screen was the absolutely worst injector experience with the thing falling out every other bowl…
It’s a basket screen. They hold in very very well. Especially after you get a little claim in the tube. This screen allows the depth of the bowl to be fully adjustable. You want a couple nice rips then screen up, u want a session then screen down. I’ve used this same exact screen in all of my vape accessories for years now, nano, nano Xl, tm1, tm2, Roffu, and now the cl. Tried and proven design.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Just picked up the glass screen injector from VGoodiez and it should arrive this week. Was using a self-made (terrible) basket screen in an 18/14mm adapter and got good results attached to my j-hook but getting the screen in place was a huge pain and still was a bit ragged/lumpy. It'll be nice to have a true injector with a nice handle and I went with all glass to see if it'll be even tastier.

Taking a while to find my exact favorite temp (it's a labor of love 😋) and now I'll have to readjust for the new bowl that's coming. Anyone out there that has the VGoodiez injector (the glass screen one, fixed distance) that could suggest a number on the temp dial?

I'm looking for a number where you can ride the line but not combust, no matter what style of draw. Of course not all bud has the same smoke point but y'know... With my current setup I've combusted even at 5 as my basket is close to the CL.

rvarick

It seems like that people might have pretty different calibrated controllers. Also I have not encountered a setting where draw speed did not play a major role.

So I suggest 5.
I recall Chris (Beefcake@420Eng) mentioned here that it's the Couchlog's cartridge (?) vs. the controller that can vary heating-wise. For instance mine requires 8-9 for a proper roast with the glass bowl. I've only ever combusted with the stock bowl, at like 8 or so. I actually picked up a matching controller later on, and it performs the same as my original (lending credence to it being the log).

Update: found it:
Hi,

on the heater issue.
There are tolerances from the heating cardrige i cant influence. The last batch was on the lower end and the current one is on the higher end. Would be better if they where more identical but it is what it is.
The CL should perform the same just on another point of the scale.

The CL can be run with an 12V VVPS directly plugged into the log. no problem. But be careful or you can damage your device if u go to high.

If the power is not enough, go higher on the scale! If u can combust on 8-9 your temperature should be fine. (Should be enough for the glasbowl)

For back to back bowls there are some tips you should try.
-stop inhaling when there is no more vapor production going on. otherwise you waste heat.
-tamp your load a bit. The screen should be covered with herbs.
-clean your screen every start of a session.
To minimize the stirring and therefore draws needed.

If the power of a CL is not enough. if u are using a deeper bowl as the CL glasbowl. You can add more power by using an power supply with more Volts. Up to 12V. But its the same as with the vvps. Be careful and don't go to hot or the wood will take damage.

Hope i answered anything. :peace:
Greetings Chris

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I recall Chris (Beefcake@420Eng) mentioned here that it's the Couchlog's heating rod (?) vs. the controller that can vary heating-wise. For instance mine requires 8-9 for a proper roast with the glass bowl. I've only ever combusted with the stock bowl, at like 8 or so. I actually picked up a matching controller later on, and it performs the same as my original (lending credence to it being the log).
That makes more sense actually. The PWM could be calibrated for a different voltage range, but that would be a weird choice.

So different cartridges in the log would account for that variance.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Maybe I'll try 5 when I get the new glass injector but for now I know level 5 risks combustion with my current setup and the basket screen/adapter.

Same here. I’ve been using a basket screen in the injector bowl and 5 will combust. 4 gives me a dark roast. Always one hit and done.
That's what I'm seeing too although at level 4 I felt it could be a bit darker for my liking. Trying 4.5 now.

I remember reading that post about the batches of heaters where the tolerances for the cartridges were at both low and high extremes. Seems I got one of the more efficient ones.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: ezpz

Texus

Same here. I’ve been using a basket screen in the injector bowl and 5 will combust. 4 gives me a dark roast. Always one hit and done.
That is my experience too. I'm still refining my technique but far easier to get a lil toasty thin combusted layer on the top of the flower. Even at 4 on my dial. And not the most even heating across the entire surface in Injector bowls, there's usually a lighter ring on the outside. Of course some of this could just be my inexperience with 14mm injectors. Or maybe this is par for the course for those. Not an issue I've ever had with my TKO for example (which has a similar distance from flower to balls). Will keep working on my technique...

@Weedaholic I may need to live in that 2-3 region too.

Last edited:

ezpz

That's what I'm seeing too although at level 4 I felt it could be a bit darker for my liking. Trying 4.5 now.
4.5 is my RTL experience. If my draw is too slow in the beginning or too fast at the end, I’ll combust. So I just keep it at 4 now.

I'm still refining my technique but far easier to get a lil toasty thin combusted layer on the top of the flower. Even at 4 on my dial. And not the most even heating across the entire surface in Injector bowls, there's usually a lighter ring on the outside.
This is how my avb puck looks like too (similar to my TM bowls). The top layer is almost black, the outer “shell” is a yellowish brown, and the insides is a dark roast coffee.

I’ve been eyeing those V3 vgoodiez bowls (the glass screen one). Just waiting for more reviews before pulling the trigger.

RedZep

How is the straw packing method? Is it messy? I'm used to doing it with the TM2 if anyone can give a comparison.

I would be using the CL stems as WPAs.

I've realised I despise using scoops for my B0. Just hate it so much. I like having multiple small bowls (0.1-0.15) so the reload ritual has become so important to me.

I've noticed I end up selling vapes that don't have a fast, efficient enjoyable Reload ritual.

RedZep,
Reactions: cosimo

BreadStick

How is the straw packing method? Is it messy? I'm used to doing it with the TM2 if anyone can give a comparison.

I would be using the CL stems as WPAs.

I've realised I despise using scoops for my B0. Just hate it so much. I like having multiple small bowls (0.1-0.15) so the reload ritual has become so important to me.

I've noticed I end up selling vapes that don't have a fast, efficient enjoyable Reload ritual.
I only got my CL on Monday and I've been using the straw packing method with no problem. There's a filling funnel funnel that comes with the CL, I'd recommend you use when straw packing it keeps the small ledge in the herb chamber clean.

BreadStick,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

I only got my CL on Monday and I've been using the straw packing method with no problem. There's a filling funnel funnel that comes with the CL, I'd recommend you use when straw packing it keeps the small ledge in the herb chamber clean.
Could you do it without the funnel, then cover the chamber with your thumb and shake out the material around the ledge?

The extra process of adding/removing a funnel does.not excite me at all.

RedZep,

BreadStick

Could you do it without the funnel, then cover the chamber with your thumb and shake out the material around the ledge?

The extra process of adding/removing a funnel does.not excite me at all.
Yeah you definitely can, that's how I packed my first couple of bowls. I found there was still small bits of dust sticking to the ledge that need brushing off but it's honestly not a big deal. I'm just being overly careful with my expensive new toy! It might be better not to use the funnel for back to back bowls because the chamber gets fairly warm. Not sure whether it could get warm enough to deform the funnel but might be better safe than sorry!

People should be getting their wpas from me yesterday/today/tomorrow. If you are one of those people please post your results. Mine has been wonderful but, my lungs aren’t what a lot of you guys’ are so I’m always interested in that feedback.

I got mine yesterday and ran a few bowls through it. I like it!

The WPA is super well made and feels great in hand. I like the extra length, makes it easier to handle when debowling, etc. I was having some trouble getting the basket screen to sit securely up high near the joint, but moving it down a tad more made it secure. I was still able to get the load much closer to the injector compared to the stock CouchLog bowl, which is great.

Overall, this seems like a nice design and I'm excited to put it through its paces with the CL!

RedZep

Are issues with wood resin still a thing?

Are any of the wood types free from this issue? Or resistant to it?

RedZep,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Just ran a couple bowls through the @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd bowl. It's a nice little bowl that you can really get a solid microdose hit out of with one pull. I am excited to try it with some hash. Only complaint is the screen can move pretty easily and becomes unseated quickly for me. Otherwise a nice experience.
The screen stays in place much better once you get a little claim in the tube. I’m sure you can tell I worked heat as far into the joints on these as possible to be able to get the screen as close as possible to the heat. You can try flipping the screen over and that may also get u a bit closer and it would put the wider/tighter end of the screen a bit lower where it holds better. Also if anyone happens to own a Roffu, the machined screens with the silicone o-ring fit amazingly well. I would provide them with my wpas if I could bulk source them but so far have had no luck.

Last edited:

RedZep

The stem with the glass WPA. Is that 14mm connection? It also seems shorter than the standard wooden stem, is this the case?

RedZep,
Top Bottom