Texus

Hey guys, recently acquired a couch log and I gotta say, this is one badass vape. I’ve had quite a few logs over the years and this may be my favorite yet. Anyways I am working on a wpa that will have an adjustable basket screen and will allow you to get the herb closer to the heater like my enano xl accessories. I think I have it figured out, just have to make it. So stay tuned!
This comment that finally did it and tipped the scales to pulling the trigger. I love your ENano XL stem.

Well, that and the Bocote with matching power supply...

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@Texus just doing my part over here partner. You got some catching up to do, the matching controllers have been out for a bit now!

So glorious to be able to have matching wood, AND the magnets are still a feature!

Been using the CL next to some other 14mm I injectors and it holds up very nicely. The oak is still my most used vape, sometimes taking the blackwood out. I'm always excited to see new stuff from 420eng even if it is just alternative woods.

Texus

@Texus just doing my part over here partner. You got some catching up to do, the matching controllers have been out for a bit now!

So glorious to be able to have matching wood, AND the magnets are still a feature!

Been using the CL next to some other 14mm I injectors and it holds up very nicely. The oak is still my most used vape, sometimes taking the blackwood out. I'm always excited to see new stuff from 420eng even if it is just alternative woods.

Yeah, also needed to have the cash to pull the trigger and was holding out hope more exotic burled options were on the way.

Anything in particular you like about the CL over other 14s?

Texus,
Reactions: Zillacon

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
The Couchlog is an amazing device and I will list the reasons why I specifically like this device. I have had one plugged in for countless hours with minimal maintenance. I know of myself and 1 other person who has experienced a female power port failure. This number is probably higher, but still easy to assume it as a solid device to not have the forum flooded with discontent over broken units.

2 recorded points of failure:
1. Female port is susceptible to degradation/ topography of function is unknown.
2. Resin build-up on the stem can adhere the chamber to the stem.

The 14mm injector with the glass bowl is such an amazing experience. A member here once told me "next Gen log", since then I have taken this guys advice since. Out of all vape styles the log has always been the most alluring to me, so unsuspecting, so log...yet so much power!

CL just doing CL things tbh

kanal

The Couchlog is an amazing device and I will list the reasons why I specifically like this device. I have had one plugged in for countless hours with minimal maintenance. I know of myself and 1 other person who has experienced a female power port failure. This number is probably higher, but still easy to assume it as a solid device to not have the forum flooded with discontent over broken units.

2 recorded points of failure:
1. Female port is susceptible to degradation/ topography of function is unknown.
2. Resin build-up on the stem can adhere the chamber to the stem.

The 14mm injector with the glass bowl is such an amazing experience. A member here once told me "next Gen log", since then I have taken this guys advice since. Out of all vape styles the log has always been the most alluring to me, so unsuspecting, so log...yet so much power!

CL just doing CL things tbh
I've had a similar issue with the female power port, but it was actually the cable in my case. I am currently using it directly with a vps and had no issues since

coolbreeze

Speaking of fulfilled fantasies, my controller arrived. Thank you, Chris!
IMG-5121.jpg

Maybe I'll get an oak sleeve and mouthpiece for when I miss the old one.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I've spent some quality time with my new couchlog. What can I say, it's great. Right now I'm using it on an 18mm j-hook with the controller at only 3.5 and it's super terpy and tasty. My ABV comes out golden brown the way I like it. I leave it on all the time. It just works.

Can someone tell me if this cable will work with a powerbank to power the CL? I read that a 5V powerbank should work with such a cable directly connected to the CL (this post)

I have a powerbank that outputs 5V through some older USB-A connectors but it also has a USB-C connector (capable of 45W) and USB-C connectors are variable voltage and can go well above 5V which could damage the CL. Will the PD cable negotiate with the CL and sort things out or could I possibly damage the unit? Should I look for a USB-A to 5.5x2.5mm DC cable (like this) just to make sure the voltage can't go over 5V?

Edit: USB-A limited to 0.9A so I'm guessing has to be USB-C

RedZep

So I've spent some quality time with my new couchlog. What can I say, it's great. Right now I'm using it on an 18mm j-hook with the controller at only 3.5 and it's super terpy and tasty. My ABV comes out golden brown the way I like it. I leave it on all the time. It just works.
How do you find the airflow?

I suspect I pack the mouthpiece tighter vs in the glass bowl because I can see it :lol:

That said I wouldn't describe the draw on the cl as restrictive in either case
How does it compare? Is it similar to other popular ball vapes?

RedZep,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So... I've been hitting the CL almost exclusively lately and really enjoying the flavor and the experience. I'm pretty new to glass however and only have a basic, non-dimpled 18mm j-hook with no cooling beads to use it with. Even with the CL at 3.5 it could get a little hot on the throat after a while.

I had heard of people sticking their hook in the freezer or using beads that were put in a freezer to get better cooling. On a hunch, I grabbed a flexible athletic gel pack I had in the freezer and wrapped it the best I could around my j-hook while using it. It was not bad at all! I felt it made a tangible difference in the vapor temperature.

I'm thinking of looking for a thinner gel pack I could maybe snake around most of the hook more closely. Am I crazy or could this cool as well as a dimpled stem with cooling beads? I sort of like this solution bc it's cheap and no extra glass to clean.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm thinking of looking for a thinner gel pack I could maybe snake around most of the hook more closely. Am I crazy or could this cool as well as a dimpled stem with cooling beads? I sort of like this solution bc it's cheap and no extra glass to clean.
I like that your solution involves what you already own. I have found that cold doesn't typically make my vapor more comfortable, although cooling beads and spikes do tend to help in a glass piece.

The most comfortable vapor for me is with slightly warm water in a piece. Depending on your hook, you might even be able to try a bit in there. I think it was Glass Charlie who liked a little water in a hook with the lotus.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The most comfortable vapor for me is with slightly warm water in a piece. Depending on your hook, you might even be able to try a bit in there. I think it was Glass Charlie who liked a little water in a hook with the lotus.
So people do put water in hooks, hehe ok . I was thinking about trying that for cooling but now I'm wondering if that added humidity would be good. Maybe cool dry vapor can still be hard on the throat just from the lack of humidity.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: olysh pops

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So people do put water in hooks, hehe ok . I was thinking about trying that for cooling but now I'm wondering if that added humidity would be good. Maybe cool dry vapor can still be hard on the throat just from the lack of humidity.
I don't put water in my hooks, but I also hate my un-dimpled Elev8 hook. It's not that the vapor is hot or harsh even, it's just not all that useful. And it's not attractive lol

coolbreeze

You could try a cheap ashcatcher for your j-hook from ebay, add some moisture and cooling. I even saw one with a glycerin freeze coil...

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You could try a cheap ashcatcher for your j-hook from ebay, add some moisture and cooling. I even saw one with a glycerin freeze coil...
I'm game but need some advice since I don't own any glass beyond j-hooks. I have a simple 7" glass 18mm j-hook with a 90 deg bend, no feet. What do you recommend? Wouldn't such a thing need to be tiny for my size hook?

coolbreeze

I'm game but need some advice since I don't own any glass beyond j-hooks. I have a simple 7" glass 18mm j-hook with a 90 deg bend, no feet. What do you recommend? Wouldn't such a thing need to be tiny for my size hook?
Look for simpler percs with some room above them so the water stays in the ac. I'd try for something like these showerhead percs:
one
two
three
and a freeze one!

They should keep your flavors intact and be easy to clean. You can find what's comfortable for you, but some pieces will be big enough to hold your hook up, so you could clip them together. I tend to just hook it up each hit, it's less risky.

One cool thing about this approach is whenever you have a loose 20 you can try out a new perc, see what you like, have some variety.

Search the cheap glass thread and ask there, you'll get some good guidance.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Look for simpler percs with some room above them so the water stays in the ac. I'd try for something like these showerhead percs:
one
two
three
and a freeze one!

They should keep your flavors intact and be easy to clean. You can find what's comfortable for you, but some pieces will be big enough to hold your hook up, so you could clip them together. I tend to just hook it up each hit, it's less risky.

One cool thing about this approach is whenever you have a loose 20 you can try out a new perc, see what you like, have some variety.

Search the cheap glass thread and ask there, you'll get some good guidance.
Thanks for the advice!

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Texus

Bocote in the house. Only one session in but really satisfying first hits. At 3 on the dial a very nice flavorful hit that feels like a XL version of a Nano XL hit.

Not feeling the baller vibe/impact at level 3 with the stock stem, so not sure I'd label this one a heavy hitter yet. But let's see what higher up the dial thru a 14mm injector bowl (en route from VGoodiez) hits like.

Regardless, nice to have a nice next step up the log spectrum from microdose Underdog to this much beefier log hit.

coolbreeze

Bocote in the house. Only one session in but really satisfying first hits. At 3 on the dial a very nice flavorful hit that feels like a XL version of a Nano XL hit.

Not feeling the baller vibe/impact at level 3 with the stock stem, so not sure I'd label this one a heavy hitter yet. But let's see what higher up the dial thru a 14mm injector bowl (en route from VGoodiez) hits like.

Regardless, nice to have a nice next step up the log spectrum from microdose Underdog to this much beefier log hit.
Congrats, man. Hope it's nothing but a joy.

Top Bottom