Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Can someone tell me the length of the cord please? I'm not as close to a socket as I thought. :\
The cable between the log and the controller is a standard part you can buy somewhere else if u need another length.
@TeaCup - The controller in a non-matching wood is hands down my least favorite aspect of the Couch Log. I think I’ll have to spray paint it brown or the like, so it doesn’t stick out so much. Incredibly cheesy for a handmade product north of $100.
I feel you, but im working part time on the CouchLog project and can only move little steps atm. Its not the only thing on the to do list :)

The problem with the dark wood is, that i cant laser engrave on it or you wont see it since the wood got the same color as the engraving.
Maybe we will add the plastic controller as option.

@TeaCup yes, you can buy sleeves and stems separately. Not that much in stock atm, but we will fix this ;)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The problem with the dark wood is, that i cant laser engrave on it or you wont see it since the wood got the same color as the engraving.

You could print off a reverse-masked sticker and use it as a template to apply Tritium paint. Just spitballing!! But that’s what they use to make night sights illuminate and could be a pretty cool touch!

:leaf:

JollyGreenGiant

The cable between the log and the controller is a standard part you can buy somewhere else if u need another length.

I feel you, but im working part time on the CouchLog project and can only move little steps atm. Its not the only thing on the to do list :)

@TeaCup yes, you can buy sleeves and stems separately. Not that much in stock atm, but we will fix this ;)

Laser engraving on dark wood shouldn’t be a problem. If your laser has an issue with dark surfaces, there’s a spray you can use which creates a conductive surface and allows you to engrave on dark or metallic surfaces. If it’s just a visualization thing, and you want the laser engraved notches to be more visible, I’d suggest getting a ball tipped white out pen, apply it to each of the notches you engrave, which will fill the notches with white out, and then while it’s drying - lightly wipe across the top of it with a damp cloth to ensure the fillings are crisp, and there’s no spill over/bleed beyond the groove. Some do this with a crayon as well (with an acetone or similar substance applied to the wiping cloth to cut through the wax). Speaking from experience - the whole process with white out, should only add ~5 min or so.

btka

bought yesterday a kingwood couchlog... hope will be soon at me... I am near to germany so hope ups will deliver fast... Yes would be nice when controller would be same wood...

Can not wait to have it in my hands and stop again combustion totaly, heared good things about couchlog if it will perform with microdoses like my e-nano I am very happy...

so hope soon I am couchlogging...

buckhakeesah

Nice! Just received a bubinga too! Thanks @dallasxus Bubinga gang now! @Beefcake@420Eng Any tips on installing the USA plug adapter? The UK one is on there pretty tight, I don’t wanna break anything….
Never mind, just pulled it with more strength but cut my damn fingers up as I got it removed. Shit was on super tight. Be careful!
Surprised at how fast she arrived at my door coming from the UK.

Now I need someone to make me a glass tube to fit in this stem. Here it is:

68-E75701-A09-F-495-F-ADA3-824-C3-D6-FB897.jpg

Ok one run in, I’m getting to know it. I’m usually a glass guy but I really like this wood stem so far.

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Anyone know If there will be a schedule for releasing parts?

Wanna scoop a heat shield and not sure if I should be checking randomly or a certain time.

Zillacon,

coolbreeze

just wanted to let you know that you can also use the herb-chamber directly in the 14/18 adapter, which i put into a j-hook - its currently my preferred setup.
Have you been able to secure the bowl in the adapter with the orings? I have not been able to find one that will fit, and I'm not sure I could get orings thin enough. I tried it as you've suggested, but the bowl sorta binds to the log enough to make lifting it off the unsecured bowl...iffy.

What I've been using is a TAG version of that adapter that has a full-length internal grind, with a screen shoved way down to the bottom, set into an a 14m-18f extender (or 10m-18f) dropped into the bong. The heater fits the joint like an injector while the grind holds the pieces together securely enough, and the 'bowl' is easily removeable for dumping, filling, etc, as it stays cool enough to handle.

coolbreeze,

JollyGreenGiant

Edit/Update: Couch Log was delivered 15 minutes ago and is in hand. My position on the matching wood for the controller is stronger than it was prior, given the controller is not that much smaller than the actual log.

I ordered my Couch Log Thursday, it was shipped Friday and it’s at my local UPS hub here in California already, scheduled to be delivered by end of day today.

Some folks have had shipping issues and such with UPS, so I felt it might be helpful to some to have another datapoint as most people don’t share when things ship at a reasonable/expected normal window.

I also noticed there aren’t very many high quality photos, and no high res macro close ups, so I’ll take a few decent photos for folks today in a light box, then some better “fashion photos” later this week or on the weekend when I have time to play with light and get some solid photos - and post them up in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Joie de Vivre

Leaving it on and clearing it in one is a new way but I can learn to respect its terms. I must say the base of the grenadill mouthpiece got very hot on the device and exuded wood resin - I would like to see briar and other traditional pipe wood used more than exotics - but assuming I stop doing that, it rips like nothing I own, I am more baked than in a while, and it is really gorgeous.

JollyGreenGiant

Thrilled my order arrived so soon.... but it unfortunately is missing a key ordered accessory.

Some quick and dirty photos - no cropping, low res, etc. Will post much better pics when time permits. Click on the images for larger (but still low res) versions to zoom in more and get a better peep. Apologies for some similar shots (different focus points or apertures) but I felt like they added to the party and didn't want to make the tough decisions on what to cut 😁

Purple Daze included for a size comparison...

coolbreeze

Couch Log injector style. You just need an adapter with a long enough grind to hold the screen down at the bottom (EDIT: Now that I think about it, you could probably use a rimless basket shaped and shoved into the bottom, ala the CL herb chamber). You can use the same 'bowl' in various adapters for convenience.
IMG-0477-SM.jpg
IMG-0484-SM.jpg

IMG-0481-SM.jpg

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

just wanted to let you know that you can also use the herb-chamber directly in the 14/18 adapter, which i put into a j-hook - its currently my preferred setup.
I’m gonna have to try this. Initial use with the wood stem was good but I get this wood taste from this bubinga stem that I just can’t seem to shake no matter how low I go in temp. Never had this with other woods, first time experiencing this off taste from what I think might be the wood choice. Hopefully eliminating the wood stem brings me back to level of taste that I seek.

Leaving it on and clearing it in one is a new way but I can learn to respect its terms. I must say the base of the grenadill mouthpiece got very hot on the device and exuded wood resin - I would like to see briar and other traditional pipe wood used more than exotics - but assuming I stop doing that, it rips like nothing I own, I am more baked than in a while, and it is really gorgeous.
I wonder if what I’m tasting is the wood resin that you’re speaking of here.

JollyGreenGiant

🙁 looks like my unit is D.O.A.

Directly plugged into a tested/functional outlet for 20 minutes on heat level 5, and the metal stem is cool to the touch. 15 minutes after bumping it up to heat setting 7, and no difference. Cranked it up to max heat, waited 10 min, still completely cool to the touch.

I’m sure Chris will take care of it, but the time consumption and a hassle (shipping items back/forth, etc) is a huge turn off, for a brand new handmade, high end device. My three other 15+ year old log vapes have never skipped a beat….

Last edited:

jasp3r

🙁 looks like my unit is D.O.A.

Directly plugged into a tested/functional outlet for 20 minutes on heat level 5, and the metal stem is cool to the touch. 15 minutes after bumping it up to heat setting 7, and no difference. Cranked it up to max heat, waited 10 min, still completely cool to the touch.

I’m sure Chris will take care of it, but the time consumption and a hassle (shipping items back/forth, etc) is a huge turn off, for a brand new handmade, high end device. My three other 15+ year old log vapes have never skipped a beat….
Do you hear a high pitched buzzing noise?

Top Bottom