Pcloudy

Who has more money than me and wants to get one of the new phase three bowls to see how it works with the couchlog

Pcloudy,
I would assume poorly. The Z glass bowl was never a good fit for the couchlog.

What was wrong with that pairing? I thought it might be good since it looked like you could get the CL injector closer to the herb. It’s too far away with the official CL glass bowl.

letter never sent,

EarthworldTim

What was wrong with that pairing? I thought it might be good since it looked like you could get the CL injector closer to the herb. It’s too far away with the official CL glass bowl.
I don't think it's too far away. Maybe turn it up half a step to three quarters to compensate if necessary. I rarely ever pack a large bowl but there have been times when I do and I appreciate the bit of extra space.

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: Grass Yes

onesixty2

This might just be difference in approach and a personal taste moreso on my part, but for me the CL heater is way too deep into the Z Glass bowls. You have to reduce how much you pack by a significant amount, and reduce your heat setting used with the Z Bowl. I will admit that I am one of the people who really hate the Z bowl even for its intended vape, every fault about the bowl is just exemplified when you use it on the CL. The damn thing just feels like a tiny toy and it gets scorching hot from the CL heater hugging majority of its glass surface area.

RedZep

I'm pretty much sold on this. I would just like some honest feedback on J-hook use. I know it's possible, but is it comfortable?

I find the B-0 too uncomfortable heatwise for j-hooks. I'm hoping since CL is 14mm that it will have less heat going into the throat and lungs.

I intend to use CL only dry on j-hooks. So any feedback on it would be great.

Wozz

I'm pretty much sold on this. I would just like some honest feedback on J-hook use. I know it's possible, but is it comfortable?

I find the B-0 too uncomfortable heatwise for j-hooks. I'm hoping since CL is 14mm that it will have less heat going into the throat and lungs.

I'm in the same boat as yourself RedZep 👍
Would also be interested in any feedback.

Do folk that use a dry J-hook use it with the glass bowl? Or is the glass bowl meant to be used with a water piece? Am I confusing myself?

Any and all feedback appreciated 👍

PossumMD

Thank you 👍.

I've seen that balls can be used in the mouthpiece. Did you do this PossumMD?
Or use the mouthpiece as is?
Use it just as is. It can be a little ticklish in the throat, but that's the case for most vapes for me, my throat is a delicate flower and doesn't like the dryness. And the CL is one of the smoother vapes I have in that regard.

coolbreeze

I'm in the same boat as yourself RedZep 👍
Would also be interested in any feedback.

Do folk that use a dry J-hook use it with the glass bowl? Or is the glass bowl meant to be used with a water piece? Am I confusing myself?

Any and all feedback appreciated 👍
J-hook and the glass bowl is fine, one with dimples might be a little cooler but you can turn down to a comfortable level easily. The CC Prophet is perfect. I find most vapes dry and like a little water for that reason, but you can certainly find a temp range that's comfortable with the CL on a hook, no water pipe necessary.

Last edited:

ezpz

I’ve been using my CL exclusively with a j hook for a couple reasons.
1. My vape station is outside. I keep my j hook in a drawer at my station, but I gotta carry my rig in and out of the house.
2. I don’t like the metal bowl. The metal bowl has a lip for the CL to rest on. That lip makes it a little more difficult for loading/unloading. That lip also makes stirring a requirement since some herb will be beneath the lip. My usual setup is a cup screen in a 18m/14f reducer, in a 18mm j hook. Easy to get one hit extraction, no stirring, and easy to load/unload.
I recently started testing a cup screen in the glass bowl on my j hook with great results. I didn’t like the glass bowl because it’s so deep that you need to up the temp to get good extraction. The lip on the bowl also requires a stir. With a cup screen, no need to raise temp or stir.

Last edited:

oldbay

I usually use it with a OWW inception j-hook and either the stock glass bowl or the vgoodiez injector bowl. I prefer low-medium temps and not too fast of a draw, I find it comfortable and the herb still gets pretty cooked. For big rips you probably want water, but based on my experience that's probably true for any convection vape

olysh pops

Using the (unsuitable ?) battery directly on the CL or using a faulty cable or for some other reason I melted the controller board and burnt my unit a bit.

Chris has changed the board and tightened the screws of the log, added cork pads on the bottom instead of the original cloth and removed the burn marks on the sleeve.

My machine is working again, it's as if I'd just received it for the first time. The clouds are huge and delicious as usual, directly or with the bang, bang bang ! :love:

What a quality of after-sales service and customer relations, I'm speechless !

CouchLog-420Eng-.jpg

CouchLog-420Eng-2.jpg

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Ok, am I just being stupid and not seeing the obvious? What's the trick to getting the region switched to USA for placing an order on the website? Has something changed recently because I never had an issue in the past. I get a pop up when I first open the page that allows me to select USA, but any navigation beyond that doesn't show the proper region, and doesn't show anything in English beyond the home page. Happens on my laptop and phone.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Ok, am I just being stupid and not seeing the obvious? What's the trick to getting the region switched to USA for placing an order on the website? Has something changed recently because I never had an issue in the past. I get a pop up when I first open the page that allows me to select USA, but any navigation beyond that doesn't show the proper region, and doesn't show anything in English beyond the home page. Happens on my laptop and phone.
For me everything is in English, for example:

nicknobody

It does the same to me. No matter where I input U.S.A. it’s still in euros. No issues getting the site in English.

Edit even grassyes link gives me the same results

nicknobody,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Everything in is in Euro always. I don't think it has ever been in another currency.
Yeah the currency is not the issue for me, it’s always been in euros. When trying to checkout from my cart, none of the info boxes, instructions, etc. are in English. Maybe just a temporary glitch while I was on it. I gave up, will try again in the morning.

Edit: Just tried @Grass Yes link, added an item to cart to test, and the entire checkout form was in English. Even said USA in the region box. I could never get that far earlier when trying to checkout. Tried it on my phone while in bed, will test on laptop tomorrow.

Last edited:

triskelion

Do you pay tax even if you order say from US or Canada? It says taxes are included under the price tag.

triskelion,
Top Bottom