couch log and Enano xl comparison

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Hey all

Just bought an Enano XL for cheap. I've had my eye on a coughlog for my first log vape but the deal was too good to pass up. I'm just wondering if anyone has both and can compare them? I'm wondering about the diffence since couch log is more of a ball vape in log form than anything else.

MidwestMelancholy,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey all

Just bought an Enano XL for cheap. I've had my eye on a coughlog for my first log vape but the deal was too good to pass up. I'm just wondering if anyone has both and can compare them? I'm wondering about the diffence since couch log is more of a ball vape in log form than anything else.
I don't have an Enano but I have a CouchLog, Heat Island, Underdog SC3, and Underdog Alpha. They are all great. For me however, the CouchLog is in a class by itself. It's an excellent log, but it can do things those other logs could never do.

Lots of great info in the log thread but this post sums it up very well:
I have the couchlog, both kinds of GTRs, a heat island, an Alpha+dog, a SC3 dog, and an enano, so I feel like I have a good perspective on this.

I would say that the Heat Island, SC3, and enano all have pretty similar profiles, being very enjoyable micro-to-medium-dosers, and I would rank them in the following order :
1. Heat Island
2. Underdog SC3
3. Enano

The Heat Island and the SC3 are more or less indistinguishable in terms of vapor, but I prefer the Heat Island's stems and construction (although it should be noted the stems are all interchangeable between these 3). The enano is a little more temperamental and harder to get a perfect roast dialed in, and I really dont like the chords and power supply of the enano relative to the generic chords you can buy for the UD and HI.

The Alpha+ dog's is basically the same design principles as the vapes in the paragraph above, but with a much bigger heater and longer airpath, so it feels more like at traditional log but with a lot more power. It takes a long time to get fully heat soaked (45 min-ish), but you can start to hit it around 20 minutes in, it will just have a bit more refractory time. After being fully heat soaked, I can take 4 or five full, huge bong rips before noticing any cool down. Its truly a beast, and I really enjoy this vape.

The GTRs and the Couchlog, while not similar to each other, represent a kind of next generation of the log vape that has emerged. As opposed to traditional log vapes with cartridge heaters, these vapes seek to create more potent heat stores, albeit through different means (The couchlog uses ceramic beads around the heater and the GTR has a SS foil insulation). The result of this is that, unlike the traditional vapes, where you slowly draw heat out of the cartridge, there is a more instantaneous heat transfer, allowing for more efficient extraction. There is room for both kinds of log vapes in my routine, as sometimes I prefer the less powerful sessions, but if you are only going to have one log I would definitely recommend one from this generation. Despite them all being very powerful log vapes, the couchlog and the GTRs are truly very different; hell, even the male and female GTR are super different, and they have the same heating element! It really all boils down to what you are looking for, if you want all the bells and whistles, I would say the couchlog is the most luxurious vape on the market, but if you want the best bang for your buck, whichever GTR best suits your use case is probably your best bet.

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
I don't have an Enano but I have a CouchLog, Heat Island, Underdog SC3, and Underdog Alpha. They are all great. For me however, the CouchLog is in a class by itself. It's an excellent log, but it can do things those other logs could never do.

Lots of great info in the log thread but this post sums it up very well:

I'm gonna have to take a look at Heat island and GTR in adition to CL. From everything I'm reading I'll still want one of those, more or less just for fun. I don't just rip em all the time but prefer to do medium comfortable inhales and it sounds like the XL will keep up with that and provide for an occasional ripper. I appreciate your response, it's always nice to hear someones side by side comparison.

B.Maitz38

I just got enano XL in the mail and I go to plug it in I got the walnut colored gym locker looking power source, and no light comes on I plug it into different sockets and still no light, so I took a cord from a DVD player and plugged it in and the light came on, so it was the power source that was broken not the enano XL I've been trying to get a hold of customer service and have a new power source sent. It's crazy never even used it once and the power source is already broken, SMH

B.Maitz38,
Top Bottom