Cosmic Xtractor

danjens

So I have had a chance to get to know my cosmic xtractor and have come to really really like it.
The quality of the craftsmanship is very good. I was expecting it be a little more "rough around the edges" as this is technically a diy heater, but wood is beautifully turned. I think mine is spalted jatoba, the grain is gorgeous I stare at it quite a bit.

I landed on the settings: 36W, 95 TCR, cold locked .430ohm, 340F
This is pretty tame it seems for the heater, but its giving me very even roast and 6-7 terpy nice hits per bowl.
I tried some of the other settings recommended throughout, they provided robust vapor but had some hot spotting, required a stir, so I dialed it back and really like the results.
I had plenty of fast extracting vapes so setting this on the milder end of the spectrum has filled the home-portable-session vape hole in my collection.
The CX also came with a really nice stir/tamp tool that I have used everyday.

I am yet to try the original Z so I cannot directly compare, but I think this is a fantastic 510.

Very happy with this purchase, Nice work Mr. @FearAndLawyering

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have an all wood unit. If I had my time again I would get a glass unit. I have only found 1 wood stem (eds that) that fits tight. I have another wood stem from Alan that fits okay if I turn it to a certain position. The rest of the stems (including all my glass) just sit lose on top of the screen. Kinda bugs me.

I was wondering if an o-ring round the tip of the stem would help?

Last edited:
oddjobold,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have an all wood unit. If I had my time again I would get a glass unit. I have only found 1 wood stem (eds that) that fits tight. I have another wood stem from Alan that fits okay if I turn it to a certain position. The rest of the stems (including all my glass) just sit lose on top of the screen. Kinda bugs me.

I was wondering if an o-ring round the tip of the stem would help?

Sounds like you would be better off with something to sand down your stems, with glass variance it can be tricky with 19/22 mm stems they're often not exact sized, I even have 19/26 female vapes where stems don't fit even though they should... You could try an o ring or silicone or some (fabric) tape

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
if you look, theres probably room between the heater and the screen. the screens arent glued in - if you put in a stem that doesnt fit and push evenly you can probably push the screen down in a bit further for a better fit on your other stems

Thanks I will give it a go.

oddjobold,

Shit Snacks

PXL-20220903-230338490.jpg

PXL-20220903-230313637.jpg

Blue Mahoe + Claro Walnut just arrived :brow::cool:

Shit Snacks

I like the stand as well, can you use it like that? Or is it display only?

Sorry, not sure I understand, there is a stand, and then there is a base (same as the previous plastic ones only wood now) so I'm not sure if you're asking how to use the stand, a stand is mostly for display and such, though other holes are 18 male size

Shit Snacks

I am still breaking in my CX and settling in with my settings, currently have TCR at 110 with my cold resistance locked at .375 and I think I could bump TCR up further (started at 95, going up by 3 at a time) mostly using 19/19 WPA through hooks like the set up below, but also experimented with water and some of my Tetra stems that fit well too...
PXL-20220916-202830103.jpg

PDwasmy1st

This is exactly what I am looking for!!!! \O/ does anyone know if these will be sold in the UK? if not still want one, where are they sold? or are they at early stages? also is the one without glass as good or do you get wood taste? so happy as i got somthing rattling around in my splinter when i tightned it too much somthing grinded sounded awful and I've probably had the bits in my lungs already :(

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
This is exactly what I am looking for!!!! \O/ does anyone know if these will be sold in the UK? if not still want one, where are they sold? or are they at early stages? also is the one without glass as good or do you get wood taste? so happy as i got somthing rattling around in my splinter when i tightned it too much somthing grinded sounded awful and I've probably had the bits in my lungs already :(
They are made by @FearAndLawyering
You can DM him, I'm sure he has already sold a few of his units in UK/Europe.

LooseCucumber

I've been using the CX with shatter and kief sandwiched between some flower the last few days, having a blast :rockon:

Finally have really gotten the performance I'm looking for by allowing the heating element to reach temp, hitting it after about ten seconds. In the past I'd hit it when the temp was reached in TCR (2,3 seconds?) and it only worked ok. Now, I take a couple cigar puffs to get it going and it hits awesome

nachooo

Hi all, I have just received and have done a little test of Two Cosmis Xtrators one with glass and the other without it. And this is a kind of personal review, I was looking for a replacement of my Splinter Z US custom that was used with a Ravage230 and a specialized RedPanda profile.

So well..the two devices are really nice, They looked nice in the pics the FearAndLawyering sent in order to choose between diferent models, which is awesome but not an easy task., but in the hands..they look even better. Really beautiful devices, I think more than my originak bubinga splinter.

FearAndLawyering gently sent me some wood and glass mouthpieces and other goodies like wax for wood care , screens , and a special nice wooden tool.

He also sent me a profile for RedPanda and while using same software and hardware than with the splinter, I started to use both with diferent mouthpieces, old ones and new ones...wattage mode still has to be tested.

Regarding the one with glass, performance is awesome , I think it hits even more than the original and taste as I wanted. Just perfect. zero adaptation time coming from 3 or more years of splinter use.

I was initially a little concerned about the performance of the one without glass, specially regarding final taste, but for my delight..taste is very nice whatever mouthpiece I used and it works perfect., big and tasty clouds. You can feel this kind of handmade vaporizers are special, each one is diferent and has it own personality. Perfect vape for using it outside home

The transaction was very nice and FearAndLawyering answered all my questions quick and frendly. In just 2 weeks the packet has arrived to Europe and thanks God spanish customs only charged 8 $.

So finally say thanks to the artisan for his excellent job.

For some reason I can not change to completed the status of my thread asking foe a spliner in the classifieds section, but yes, is completed.

sagey

I stumbled onto 510 vapes through NYCdryherb's Instagram and checked out the buzz on FC forums. Turns out, folks were vibing with RBT Splinter vapes, so I dove into the world of 510 vapes to find my match.

Discovering Fear&Lawyering's Cosmic Xtractor (CX), the spiritual sequel to the SplinterZ, was a game-changer. Given that 510 vapes are a bit of a niche within the dry herb vape world, the CX caught my eye for being newbie-friendly. As someone green to box-mods, 18650 batteries, and TCR software, Fear&Lawyering's patient guidance was invaluable.

So, I took the plunge and snagged my first CX—a sleek claro walnut piece with a glass joint. Truth be told, my first attempt at TCR settings was a bit wonky. Blame it on my Geekvape mod; the cold resistance wouldn't dip below .39. A borrowed Thelma DNA mod fixed that, and at a cozy .33, I was hooked. The on-demand vapor was speedy yet controllable. Sure, mastering the draw took some time, but realizing that draw speed played into vapor production was a game-changer.

Lately, I've been chatting with folks who swear by the wooden joint for the CX, claiming it amps up the draw experience. Plus, I'm on a wood-collecting kick, so when Black Friday rolled around, I snagged a spalted maple wood joint CX. I also threw in the base+mod combo Fear&Lawyering sells. Gotta say, the wooden joint's airflow feels open yet just right on resistance. The new CX's heater seems like an upgrade too—more even heating means less fiddling with the stem. Now, the mod+base deal is a toss-up. The mod rocks, and if you sweet-talk Fear&Lawyering, he'll slap on ArcticFox for you. But if you're already rocking a solid DNA mod, you're good. The base does amp up the user experience, though, especially if you're paranoid about your vape doing a nosedive. Planning on using it through glass? Grab the mod+base or a 510 extension cable.

My CX's found its spot on the shelf in my living room. It's my sidekick for chores and cooking—a chill, on-the-go vape that hits the spot. Low-temp sips or hasty, heady clouds—it delivers. Craftsmanship on the wood is top-notch, and the vapor? Versatility is the name of the game. It took some practice, sure, but Fear&Lawyering's doing the community a solid by keeping the CX vibe alive. It's one helluva vape, no doubt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom