Cory Glass Designs re/incyclers - high function and affordable?

farscaper

@syrupy, as im sure you already know this... but any kind of threatening texts or emails can be sent to paypal to push your dispute through as evidence.
frankly if a muther fucker threatens me in any way I dont take kindly to it. I would just wash my hands and get that cash back cause glass aint worth this kinda trouble really...
just bums me out that this is how people act... how professional.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
The system will only allow a single dispute per transaction. Once it's closed, there's no return. If the item was lost in the mail, arrived broken, wasn't as described, the buyer would have to rely on the good graces of the seller to make things right. Thus the dispute.

Within 24 hours of the complaint, I started getting pics of 'the piece'. It did looked whipped up. I had a friend who knows glass look at them, and he pointed out that the base and mp are, um, 'not good'. I didn't see any fuming that was agreed upon. :/ Also, my friend thought it was weird that all the shots were from the rear. I asked for a fucntion vid, but was told he tested it and it was "fine". Am I supposed to be feeling warm and fuzzy?

This is why I agree the dispute should remain until the buyer is satisfied. Too much weirdness and a seller who's story is not adding up. Why would anyone suggest it was just a attention-getting maneuver on my part? I tell you what @Caligula, I'll close the dispute now if you want to cover Cory's end of it. I wouldn't do it, there's way too much risk still on the field yet. This dude has got problems. Why would I jettison my safety net? Just so Cory doesn't get hurt feelings about the whole thing? Money is money, and mine is on my mind.

Given the tone of this reply, it seems like emotions are riding a bit high here. Let's step away from the table for a second and look at this a different way.

If you will go back and reread my recent posts, I think you will find that you have misinterpreted what was being said.

Ill try to elaborate a bit...

You afforded very few details or concerns initially (lack of fuming, your friend not liking the pictures, etc), and as such I was simply trying to flesh out the situation. This is why I put caveats in there like "if it's done properly" and "unless I missed something". You will also find that in response to a point @farscaper brought up, I stated that;

You're right. Concerns need to be expressed so that the order of concessions is changed up a bit.

Basically that's me agreeing with you, BTW. I agree I'd want to have my glass in hand first too.

Now, as for my comment regarding the intent behind filing the dispute. I'm still confused here, so maybe you can elaborate. If you weren't after resolution to your issues (lack of communication and product) then what was the point of this whole thing? Retribution?

If that's the case, it's your prerogative of course.

Caligula,
Reactions: sasNW

MuushuPork

Given the tone of this reply, it seems like emotions are riding a bit high here. Let's step away from the table for a second and look at this a different way.

If you will go back and reread my recent posts, I think you will find that you have misinterpreted what was being said.

You afforded very few details or concerns initially (lack of fuming, your friend not liking the pictures, etc), and as such I was simply trying to flesh out the situation. This is why I put caveats in there like "if it's done properly" and "unless I missed something". You will also find that in response to a point @farscaper brought up, I stated that;

Basically that's me agreeing with you, BTW. I agree I'd want to have my glass in hand first too.

Now, as for my comment regarding the intent behind filing the dispute. I'm still confused here, so maybe you can elaborate. If you weren't after resolution to your issues (lack of communication and product) then what was the point of this whole thing? Retribution?

Its really up to syrupy to decide what is an acceptable resolution though isn't it? And I don't think Cory's suggestion counts as one in my book.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer

Thanks I appreciate it. The situation bugs me because I had warning bells about this transaction and ignored them "because of the work". Dude has got HOTSHOT written all over him (and that's not a compliment). Yes it's my non-monopoly money at stake so it hurts and if you don't have money on the line or have been ripped off it's hard to relate. If it were Bird I could just say bro get the fume in there! But with Cory it's assured there will be no answer. Is it going to be shipped in an envelope or a box? I don't know, because he wouldn't answer that either. Are we seeing the pattern?

It's interesting @Caligula how you seem to insinuate I have a motive of retribution. It's clear my intentions aren't understood. Let me try again. His crappy communication sucks, but it's not the basis of the complaint. The complaint is paypal rules and ftc laws were violated by 30 days passing without shipment, a rule that can be lifted if both parties agree. I was never told the transaction would take this long or asked to agree to it. The communication part just helps the problems go unresolved, and encourages formal action, mistrust, defensiveness. If anyone here is suggesting Cory is capable or willing to resolve this on his own, let me know what strains you use they sound imaginative... :/

Getting your money back is not retribution. Warning people and expressing myself in a thread that's pretty dead otherwise isn't either. If that's your definition of retribution, I wonder what you'd call the real thing. To me, forwarding civil cases to DAs, having the IRS take a look at a small business person's accounting, blogging the hell out of the the person's rep... those are retribution in my book.

Also, super important is to clarify Cory in NO WAY threatened me. I kind of felt he was threatening the piece and the transaction by requiring me to drop the dispute or he wouldn't ship. Interesting requirement, no? I do feel that being forced to drop my lawful right to dispute in order to complete this business transaction in itself creates ethical and legal issue on its own. If it went to court, I'd want that to come out.

But until I see a package on my porch, with a piece I can judge first-hand, it's all conjecture. But if I were a betting man, I'd put my $$ on syrupy on this one.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Again, I wasn't saying you are doing g this out of spite. It was a question, hence the question mark. And one I'm still asking... maybe it's the morning bowl but I'm still confused. My previous assumption was that you wanted to force a quick resolution to the issue (as I said, be it contact or a finished product). I'd find that understandable since, as you said, there's a limited legal time frame to use that leverage.

But you're saying I was wrong about that and I accept that I was. However, since you didn't offer (that I picked up on) an alternative impetus, hence why I asked if your intent was retribution via recompense (let's not going to try and split hairs over terminology here).

Which now brings us full circle. From what I just read it could be construed that you're either looking for a full refund or your glass? Perhaps some points of clarification as to what you're looking for in an acceptable resolution would be helpful (for me).

Last edited:
Caligula,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Again, I wasn't saying you are doing g this out of spite. It was a question, hence the question mark. And one I'm still asking... maybe it's the morning bowl but I'm still confused. My previous assumption was that you wanted to force a quick resolution to the issue (as I said, be it contact or a finished product). I'd find that understandable since, as you said, there's a limited legal time frame to use that leverage.

But you're saying I was wrong about that and I accept that I was. However, since you didn't offer (that I picked up on) an alternative impetus I asked if your intent was retribution via recompense (let's not going to try and split hairs over terminology here).

Which now brings us full circle. From what I gather you now want a refund rather than the piece?

I get it. The situation is fluid so I'm not sure what route it will take. Until recently it was just about getting the piece shipped. Then with the pics of a half-finished piece, it was about getting it finished, and then shipped. I won't know until I see it, but if there are quality issues (and the only reason I would buy CGD is because of the quality), then things change again. Has anyone done a dispute this way "item not as described"? My understanding is the options are full refund, or partial refund and keep the item. If we go full refund I'll ask to just destroy the piece. Would make an awesome video and emotional release like Office Space. If it's fucked it needs to be aborted.

But I hope my friend is right and the piece just maybe looks funny in the pics and is fine otherwise. Still don't get why no pics from the front. Did he sandblast 'f-ck log cabin syrup' on the front? We'll see. I need to go play with making some glass now.

No matter how this resolves, I will always remember this as the talented blower who ships in padded envelopes. I still bust a gut over that At least until my envelope arrives. :disgust:

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

But you're saying I was wrong about that and I accept that I was. However, since you didn't offer (that I picked up on) an alternative impetus I asked if your intent was retribution via recompense (let's not going to try and split hairs over terminology here).

Which now brings us full circle. From what I just read it could be construed that you're either looking for a full refund or your glass? Perhaps some points of clarification as to what you're looking for in an acceptable resolution would be helpful (for me).
From what I am able to gather - and I think I get it pretty clearly - @syrupy just wants things to be done right given the circumstances that brought the matter to this unfortunate point. :2c::2c::peace:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I get it. The situation is fluid so I'm not sure what route it will take. Until recently it was just about getting the piece shipped. Then with the pics of a half-finished piece, it was about getting it finished, and then shipped. I won't know until I see it, but if there are quality issues (and the only reason I would buy CGD is because of the quality), then things change again. Has anyone done a dispute this way "item not as described"? My understanding is the options are full refund, or partial refund and keep the item. If we go full refund I'll ask to just destroy the piece. Would make an awesome video and emotional release like Office Space. If it's fucked it needs to be aborted.

But I hope my friend is right and the piece just maybe looks funny in the pics and is fine otherwise. Still don't get why no pics from the front. Did he sandblast 'f-ck log cabin syrup' on the front? We'll see. I need to go play with making some glass now.

No matter how this resolves, I will always remember this as the talented blower who ships in padded envelopes. I still bust a gut over that At least until my envelope arrives. :disgust:
Just get your money back. It's getting messy now. You haven't showed us the picture he sent, you haven't detailed the conversation record with him with the amount of days / weeks between communication with him. What can we do apart from listen? Sort it out, it's between Cory and you.

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
My morning just took a step up!!

"Hey Anthony I shipped your piece last night! Here is the tracking number"
*photo of receipt*

I said thank you about a million times.

"You are very welcome! I really appreciate your patience and support. Anything you want I will be more than happy to make for you :)"

WOOO!

tumblr_mhv4h7aegl1qz8x31o1_500.gif

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Give me odds and I will still make this bet. How much?

I have never defended his bad communication. I think it is unfortunate. I just don't really care about it very much. I want his work, I'm not interested in swapping spit with him.

I think that's great, and I hope he does well and creates great glass. I also hope he has good business and communication skills. Would the latter be necessary for me to engage in the former. Not so much... For me. YMMV

You needn't take this so personally. I'm not calling you an idiot or anything like that. We just have different interests and standards. Mine are just as valid as yours, they are just different.

I really do think these are growing pains. We are partly responsible for them because WE are the ones who threw him more business than he could handle. I wish he had been able to handle it better, but I am not going to throw him away because he didn't. And I bet there are several people here who feel similarly and will likely continue to do business with him. Literally.
^ 2nd that. Not to say that I do not empathyse with those who are INCREDIBLY frustrated, let down, neglected, etc etc
I felt a bit pissed at one point, but most of it was due to the doubt and negativity that people spread about the situation in this thread. Apart from that (and regardless of 2 weeks without comunication at one point) whenever I looked back on the messages that we HAD exchanged, it was always friendly, to the point and concise. I was happy with that, and we had a good chat after he shipped it where he explained the time delay and said how much it meant that people supported him.
Overall, he's a good guy. He was really happy that my piece is the 2nd CGD piece that Australia has ever seen :) (according to him) so that makes it feel more special.

Caligula

Maximus
Must be nice to know you have 1 of only 2 pieces on an entire continent... or reallllly big island, depending on your POV. :lol:

Caligula,
Reactions: 2clicker

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've only seen one in person so far, and maybe 1/2 dozen in videos, and every one of those vortexed like nobody's business. (Where DID that expression come from?)

Here is an example. http://instagram.com/p/n4XZnJS-Gu/ That is an awfully good vortex, at least to me. The lack of vortex on yours may be why it was put up for sale...

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I recently bought a Cory glass recycler via the classifieds, and while I must say the vortex is pretty much non existent, it does recycle well. It has good flavor retention, and cools vapor nicely.

Being as it was a gift for my g/f, and I got it for a steal, I'm happy. I could not however recommend it as a strong contender for a recycler to anyone looking for a real cyclone though.

I know every piece is different, but I can only judge by what I have in front of me.

Just my two cents.

Who would you say makes a good cycler as far as vortex?

Edit: poster was in wrong thread. Nevermind, Cory's reign is intact.

I did get something from Cory yesterday. Yes, in a padded envelope that mail person left on the concrete. Poor little cycler. For those that are ready to shout hallelujah, hold onto that thought. For those that have been supportive of my journey, I thank you, and please stay a little while longer.

Why? Because what I received looks nice, but here are parts...um....missing. Close, but the no cigar (to vape.) The next round in this iron man glass competition will towards getting me the piece I actually ordered. @Snappo must it be so complicated? For those that call me impatient, it's been almost 3 months since Cory and I first discussed the piece. This thing is going to take as long as a pregnancy, and hurt just as much.

Last edited:

Higher than a Pterodactyl

You can call me Caveman.
I've only seen one in person so far, and maybe 1/2 dozen in videos, and every one of those vortexed like nobody's business. (Where DID that expression come from?)

Here is an example. http://instagram.com/p/n4XZnJS-Gu/ That is an awfully good vortex, at least to me. The lack of vortex on yours may be why it was put up for sale...
Well that one looks totally different. The ones I've used and seen, are all pretty lackluster. I'll post pics later, or you can go look at joekickass post in classifieds. If my girl hadn't really wanted it I wouldn't have bought it.

Higher than a Pterodactyl,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I recently bought a Cory glass recycler via the classifieds, and while I must say the vortex is pretty much non existent, it does recycle well. It has good flavor retention, and cools vapor nicely.

Being as it was a gift for my g/f, and I got it for a steal, I'm happy. I could not however recommend it as a strong contender for a recycler to anyone looking for a real cyclone though.

I know every piece is different, but I can only judge by what I have in front of me.

Just my two cents.
Thats a shame! I am getting mine almost exclusively for the visual beauty of the vortex. I hope mine has a nice one! Sorry to hear about yours, but great news about the flavour and cooling, those make me happy :)
Who would you say makes a good cycler as far as vortex?

I did get something from Cory. Yes, in a padded envelope that mail person left on the concrete. Poor little cycler. For those that are ready to shout hallelujah hold onto that thought. For those that have been supportive of my journey, I thank you, and stay a little while longer.

Why? Because what I received looks nice, but here are parts...um....missing. Close, but the no cigar (to vape.) The next round in this iron man glass competition will towards getting me the piece I actually ordered. @Snappo must it be so complicated? For those that call me impatient, it's been almost 3 months since Cory and I first discussed the piece. This thing is going to take as long as a pregnancy, and hurt just as much.
For about the 3th time asking, can we see some photos? The photo he sent you on KIK of the apparently 'finished' glass, and the one you received? Also hate to be prissy, but you've ignored the last few attempts at me trying to speak to you. If I did something to offend you then speak up, otherwise why the cold shoulder? I even offered to speak to Cory for you and have this shit sorted out and you still continue to post here with bad news.

MuushuPork

Well that one looks totally different. The ones I've used and seen, are all pretty lackluster. I'll post pics later, or you can go look at joekickass post in classifieds. If my girl hadn't really wanted it I wouldn't have bought it.
Only post in classifieds i see for that user is a colie recycler. Maybe you are confusing that for cory?

MuushuPork,
Top Bottom