Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent finale of Breaking Bad, the music of Badfinger has been running through my mind. Bob's "Good fuckin' morning!" song instantly brought this classic to mind...believe it or not! [anyone remember the days of "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" and "That's Incredible!"?, before cable TV when everyone watched the same network shows?]

The Moody Blues are coming later today!

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
love me, hate me, but I like this music!

*edit* by the way, that first song, with Carrie Underwood, is awesome.
1390641_686128361398145_2080623374_n.png

and i can't stand the popular country ;) but post away, spread your joy!

I had a walkman(look it up you young folk,suggested searchtags...primitive technology,analog audio and...well walkman:p) in the early eighties which was mainly used to play 1 single cassettetape(again,just google it:rolleyes:)over and over again.:D
On one side was Wish You Were Here,on the other was Meddle.
Can't find One of These Days on youtube in the version i know it best as,could on vimeo though :
I actually hadn't heard any of the tracks on those for quite a while,when i was prompted to do so again by a previous Pink Floyd posting here.
Which was 'quite' good,so belated thanks!:tup:

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I heard Dirty Blvd. by Lou Reed today in the car and was going to post it, although I do believe @Tweek has possibly posted it already in this thread. While looking for it, I came across this performance done for David Bowie's 50th birthday. While both of them sound a little rough at times, it's a great performance. And wow, is Bowie's band ever tight.

I had a walkman(look it up you young folk,suggested searchtags...primitive technology,analog audio and...well walkman:p) in the early eighties which was mainly used to play 1 single cassettetape(again,just google it:rolleyes:)over and over again.:D
On one side was Wish You Were Here,on the other was Meddle.
Can't find One of These Days on youtube in the version i know it best as,could on vimeo though :
I actually hadn't heard any of the tracks on those for quite a while,when i was prompted to do so again by a previous Pink Floyd posting here.
Which was 'quite' good,so belated thanks!:tup:
Meddle was one of my top 5 albums of all time for smokin' doobies on a road trip, back when I was a combusting college student. And it is certainly my favorite Pink Floyd album. Listening to Pink Floyd doesn't just make me feel things, it transports me places. To places in memory and imagination. (I feel like Daniel Stern in the movie Diner right now!) It's hard to beat Meddle, in this regard, IMO. My favorite track is "Fearless", the chanting/singing crowd mixed into that track is used to perfection. I think I heard somewhere that it was a crowd recorded at a soccer match, but I don't know that for sure. Either way, I always imagine a stadium full of people cheering in unison at the end of that 'trip' of a song. I love it.

Edit: ok. so just found this off wikipedia re: "Fearless" -
Near the beginning and at the end of the song, a field recording of fans in Liverpool's Kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" is superimposed over the music. This Rodgers and Hammerstein song became the anthem ofLiverpool F.C. after Gerry & the Pacemakers had a number-one hit with their recording.

edit2: If you don't know the Daniel Stern/Diner reference, the relevant quote of his from the movie is in this great Steinski mix; you'll hear it at about 3 mins in...I highly recommend listening to the whole thing, though, and the entire album if you can find it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom