Cool Music to Vape to - Part 2

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
@mitchgo61 indeed they were! I had the opportunity to see them live several times. Love this ^^^ version of Spanish Moon with Tower of Power doing background!

Only saw the Lowell version once, on that final tour in October 78 (row 6 center...saw my first of many Jethro Tull shows the night before, with Uriah Heep...yeah, that was a good week for a stoned 17 year old college freshman). Hopefully anyone not familiar with them will check out Columbus...a truly amazing live record.

(Oh yeah I love this era of Mac too...)

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict

killick

But I like it!
@Cereal_MF At first I saw nothing in your post. But after looking at the box for a bit it suddenly turned into a white box with an ascii frowny face. Whatever it is I can't hear it, but I'm trying, and in my head it's awesome :)

killick

But I like it!
Oopsie - my bad! I hogged all my bandwidth on a Game of Thrones download marathon, but this new PC isn't set up. I was using every drip of available bandwidth, which caused everything else to pack it in. I should have checked prior to responding at my own issues. @Cereal_MF - please accept my heart-felt and deepest apologies for casting a sarcastically droll comment your way when it was most certainly unwarranted. I'll call a mulligan on it until you really fudge something up ;)
:goat:

killick

But I like it!
Time for some slightly louder, slightly bouncier stuff. I saw Thrill Kill Kult play at Ybor City in Tampa a few times - man they are loud :)

My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - The devil does drugs

Skinny Puppy - Smothered Hope
Never managed to see these guys live... bummer...

bUTTHOLE sURFERS - wHO WAS IN MY ROOM?

Gibby Hayes, the lead singer for the Butthole Surfers, is a former KPMG alumnus. Apparently he lasted about 11 months as an accountant before chucking it all for the life of a musician - goodonya :)

Edit - Oh, what the heck:

Thrill Kill Kult - Devil bunnies

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Skinny Puppy - Smothered Hope
Never managed to see these guys live... bummer...

bUTTHOLE sURFERS - wHO WAS IN MY ROOM?

Gibby Hayes, the lead singer for the Butthole Surfers, is a former KPMG alumnus. Apparently he lasted about 11 months as an accountant before chucking it all for the life of a musician - goodonya :)

Nice. Huge Butthole fans at our house....seen em at least 15 times. First time I saw them, the Ritz NYC 88, blew my tiny little mind. That story about Gibby is true...he met Paul Leary in college in TX while studying accounting.

Weirdest accountant EVER. Btw Skinny Puppy were just on tour, twice this year. Managed to miss em both times. :bang:

If you've never seen this, strap yourself in...the full length late 80s Buttholes concert doc.

Butthole Surfers--The Blind Eye Sees All (full length film)

killick

But I like it!
@mitchgo61 Why am I not completely surprised that you are a huge fan! I have a funny feeling our MP3 players have some similar tracks :)

I found out about Gibby when I was reading the 'welcome to KPMG' propaganda, with a bunch of their famous alumni listed - Gibby's an alum, as is Toby Flenderson from The Office, who also developed an early hatred for accounting (I'm not an accountant :)

Thanks for the concert doc - Big Screen here we come!

Top Bottom