Cooking with ABV

AcADIeN

Sylvain
Yeah I know there is already a lot of post with info about cooking with abv, but I never actually saw the answer I want.

Is there any other big smoker in here that did cook with abv? I never ate anything with marijuana, so I have no clue if it does buzz or not (well I know it does by listening to everyone), how much abv should I have ? 25 g is enough for a brownies batch ? will it buzz or do I have to eat the hole thing ?

I'm looking for info about this, base on people that do smoke a lot, because when I read that 5 g of abv was enough for someone for a batch, I know that it will not work for me, unless there is some magic going on in those brownies ;p

AcADIeN,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If you have not tried edibles you should proceed with caution. The experience can be VERY trippy compared to vaping or smoking weed if you go too far. You can't undo it once you've gone too far and it takes awhile to creep up on you. I always suggest trying them at home, late when you KNOW you have NO where to go but bed. Each batch will be different too so each batch should be tested.

I've had people (including heavy users & my non-partaking husband ROFL) get way TOOOOO high on edibles and even feel it the next day.

If you use all you have in one batch of brownies I'd start with a 1/2 brownie and wait an hour or two before you eat anymore just in case.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Lo,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
thanks you very much that's exactly what I wanted to know ;) I wish there was some kind of Thanks function on FC.

AcADIeN,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
What Lo says is correct. Edibles can definitely put you on your ass. While not perfect, I usually test my ABV by making firecrackers before committing to baking. I start off with ~0.25 g ABV sandwiched between 2 ritz crackers with peanut butter and nutella. I'll eat 2, wait 90 minutes and then maybe have another.

0.75g ABV in an edible is usually more than enough for me, but it depends on a) how good the initial weed was, b) how thoroughly you've vaped it, and c) your body weight.

Good luck :)

Tom

tdavie,
Reactions: rhc974

AcADIeN

Sylvain
I did my butter yesterday, today will be brownies day.

I put 2 cup of butter in a slow cooker with 36 g of ABV + 7 g of weed, cooked for 7 hour (picture of the butter will come soon), that should give me 2 brownies receipt.

AcADIeN,

lepstadder

WOW very green for using ABV

mine usually comes out brown

that is alot of butter though'

The ratio I use is about 30-40 grams to one stick of butter

for some folks that makes 1 cookie to much to handle

for others its perfect....

lepstadder,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
yeah I know I was impress of seeing how green my butter is.

so 1 stick mean how much butter ?

edit: yeah 1 stick equal 1/2 cup, quite low but that's why I added 7 g of very good weed with it.

AcADIeN,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
I have arround 1.5 cup of butter left (after the extraction) , and I'm using 2/3 cup for my brownies batch (replacing water with butter make the brownies too dry, so I had to add a little more butter ton compensate, my brownies will be butterish but it should hit you where it need). will see how it goes.

AcADIeN,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
Taste: well the taste is definitively noticeable, the chocolate does not quite hide the taste of ABV. I ate half a brownies yesterday, not sure if I felt something because I did smoke a lot with it so.

using 2/3 cup of butter made those brownies very soft, it's nice. It took around an hour of cooking at 300F.

This week end will be the week end.

AcADIeN,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
One thing you can do about the taste/texture is add nuts/creme de menthe chips to your brownie mix. I make ALL of my brownie recipes like this now and I dont bother any sort of straining. Just toss it in the coffee grinder then in the mix.

Very tasty and they more than do the trick :p

AGBeer,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
yeah someone told me he had some kind of very good cookie recipe that were using a lot of butter and mint, I'm waiting for the recipe and I still have 2/3 cup of butter so I can't wait to do somethign else (will post the recipe no worry ).

I don't really mind the taste because I usually ate magic mush that taste way worst than this.

AcADIeN,
Top Bottom