Connecting the SSV to a Bong. Which Attachment do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKaz420

Greetings All,

First I would just like to thank everybody for all the great information that can be found on these forums. I've spent the last week doing research and whatnot, and have decided to go with the SSV as my first vaporizer.

In fact, I'm sitting here looking at my Shopping Cart, ready to purchase, when I realized I'm not sure which accessory I'm in need of: The Ice Chamber Down Stem, or the Glass on Glass Water Adapter. Which would be the best attachment for connecting to a bong?

I'm thinking the ice chamber down stem is what I need, but I wanted to make sure. I'm sure I could get either of them to "work" if I had too, but it just seems more logical to have the stem going into the bong (much like how the slide of my bong goes all the way down to the bottom). I guess I'm just concerned with the measurements of the down stem. Their website doesn't give any specific information (other then saying you can ask for a custom length). I don't suppose there is anybody out there with this attachment who would be willing to give me the outer diameter of the slide, so that I can make sure it will fit before I order it.. As long as its no wider then 6/16th of an inch (9.5mm) then it should fit.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys may be able to provide!

-Kaz

LordKaz420,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Depends what kind of bong you have . I already had a downstem on my bong that accepts 18.8mm attachment so in my case I ordered the glass on glass attachement. The downstem they sell is made specifically to work on their ice chambers so I don't think they are very long although i'm sure they could make a custom one if you give them a call.

Here's a couple of pictures of my glass on glass attachement:

Skunkypete,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
If it's a 14.4 mm GG connection, your tubing, overlapped, will actually provide a perfect seal. When I had a 14.4 mm gg bong I use to do it all the time. Just take the end your attaching to the bong, overlap the lip, and it should fit perfectly snug in the female piece.

SpiralArchitect,

LordKaz420

Thanks Skunkypete and SpiralArchitect for the quick replies!

You guys are great with the information. I never put 2 and 2 together that the downstems they sell would be made specifically for the ice chambers they make, lol. And I totally forgot that the tubing they use is 3/8th inner diameter, 1/2 outer diameter... So, I think I'm actually going to pass on the attachment piece with the initial order and see how the tubing alone works.

Besides, I'm so hyped up about this thing that even if the tubing doesn't fit, I'm sure I'll be getting myself a custom wand down the road.. So I'll just have to get them to make me a custom downstem at the same time, hehe..

-Kaz

LordKaz420,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom