Computer to vape from.

Wool435

Hey guys, pretty new here but I'd like to see if anyone with some computer building knowledge could help me out here. I currently have a sunbeam transformer case and I was wondering if anyone has attempted to have their vape inside the computer with the purpose of sealing it off and having a whip vaporizer come through the outside to vape from. I don't have a vape yet but I was going to buy one soon and was wondering if this was possible at all? I'm talking about maybe under the optical drive area, sealing it off so the heat won't hurt my motherboard/computer while having the whip come through maybe the back. I'd probably have to get an extra long hose but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience building computers and had any ideas. I built my computer about a year ago but Im not really sure about sealing it off or if this would even work. Thanks and any help is appreciated!:brow: I was thinking an ssv/dbv/incognito and was going to either get one soon or on a 4/20 sale.

Wool435,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
stealthy maybe, but doesn't make sense to unneccessarily burden the cooling system inside the case.

the phrase "thermally advantaged" used to be used for any case with air being forced in from outside, or a port that helps funnel it into the case. You'd be moving the other direction.

what about a separate device or set-top box to house it instead? Like a cable box or pencil sharpener

VWFringe,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
This one wasn't inside a computer but it was really cool! Been awhile since the thread was page one.

I personally try to keep my computer eq cool so yeah, heat would be a major factor but I loved the rack mounted vape... would be a great stealth vape idea in certain environments :brow:

The RMV420 Rackmountable Vaporizer
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2262

Lo,

Wool435

Lo said:
This one wasn't inside a computer but it was really cool! Been awhile since the thread was page one.

I personally try to keep my computer eq cool so yeah, heat would be a major factor but I loved the rack mounted vape... would be a great stealth vape idea in certain environments :brow:

The RMV420 Rackmountable Vaporizer
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2262

Wow like some people said fits a really specific niche.... but as VW said, this is for specifically stealth purpose only. My computer is probably the best place to hide anything I need to in my home, and I was just wondering if it was possible at all to just smoke from within, as impractical as it sounds.

Wool435,

Cleanfiend

A MFLB or a Purple-Days could easily fit in the cavity of a desktop computer, but I think you may be causing yourself more trouble than needed.

Many well recommended vaporizers do not look like something suspicious (PD), and thus needn't be hidden. You may be better off looking for a quality vape that is known for stealth, than in looking for something to put in your computer.

Cleanfiend,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Lo said:
rack mounted vape... The RMV420 Rackmountable Vaporizer
IMG_75881-e1266280702645.jpg

that is just too funny once you realize how it works. They keep saying "digital temperature" over and over, but it seems to have more "Vapolution" in it's DNA than Bud Toaster.
--------------------------------------------

guessing a secret door where you pull out the MFLB isn't going to be good enough - that would be too easy...
or a box under the computer.

I guess then I would start by measuring a CD drive, and compare it to the vape you want to hide, if they're compatible then perhaps buy an old removeable hard drive enclosure (or any old enclosure that fits into a PC), and insulate it with thin wood or just seal it so there are no air leaks (except a silicone hose if needed).

if it won't fit into a CD drive, or two stacked, then look for a way to build it into the removeable panel on the PC.

or put a separate PC case next to or on top of your existing one.

VWFringe,

Wool435

Cleanfiend said:
A MFLB or a Purple-Days could easily fit in the cavity of a desktop computer, but I think you may be causing yourself more trouble than needed.

Many well recommended vaporizers do not look like something suspicious (PD), and thus needn't be hidden. You may be better off looking for a quality vape that is known for stealth, than in looking for something to put in your computer.

Funny, that's exactly what I used to have going on before I gave my mflb to a good friend. I'm thinking more of a whip vape under my optical disc drive. :D

Wool435,

bender175

I would just go with a mflb if you want stealth all you want. It is a little wooden box. Its smaller then a harmonica it fits in the palm of your hand and doesnt take long to heat up you just put the battery and breathe basicly a second after and you can take it everywhere with you. A purple days is sweet too but youd have to leave it plugged in to warm up. But for stealth mflb is the best and it has a lifetime warranty. Blissville seems to have incredibly fast shiping it only took like 2 days for my replacement from cali to the other side of the coast. Well thats my two cents :p

bender175,

Nosferatu

Drive Bay Vape Idea (merged)

I had an idea for a stealth vape that fits in a 5.25" PC drive bay. I know the idea is to keep the PC cool, but I'm sure theres a way to consolidate the heat within the enclosure and force it out the front or something. Maybe if the peramiter of the rectengular drive bay was like half inch metal, or steel, or whatever wouldnt let the heat pass through to the motherboard area. And there could be a small fan blowing out the front to keep that small enclosure cool.

The type of heating element i was thinking about is maybe just the SSVs basically, the NOT hands free one so you never can get your bud in the drive or anything, just put it up to it. The vape would be powered by plugging into your PCs PSU, if thats possible to give enough power?? I knowe how to build PCs but thats about it. So I wanted to ask if theres any reason it would be impossible to have a vape enlosed in a drive bay?

If theres absolutely no way it wouldnt be too hot within a PC, maybe it could be pulled out like on tracks or so, so the heats not a problem.

Nosferatu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wasn't there already a thread about this not to long ago?

A decent computer PSU shouldn't have any problem coughing up an extra 30 watts. Do take some time to learn what decent PSU are though. Most people think it's all about wattage but that just doesn't say anything at all.

The SSV does spread a lot of heat when turned on though, I wouldn't underestimate what putting that in an enclosed space would do to your computer temps.

OhTheAgony,

Nosferatu

Sorry I didnt search about the subject. I'll check out the rack one thanks though. I just dont see it as impossible to solve the heat problem which is the only problem between an awesome vape that can be controlled from your PC!

Nosferatu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
They did have a rack mount vaporizer I believe in like a 1 or 2U config. It was mostly geared towards musician type folk who had the 1/2U space needed in their equipment rack.

It was a pretty slick setup, although I cant remember the vapes name anymore.

AGBeer,
Top Bottom