Comparisons: The VXL Cloud past, present, and future

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Upon receiving my EVO and a Cloud+ within a week of eachother, a comparison is needed. This thread is for all Cloud owners to share their comparisons of the OG Ticker, the Cloud +, and the EVO. I say future in the thread heading because we may as well discuss what we would like to see in future iterations.

Since I'm new to both units I'll keep this brief.

• The + is way heavier than the EVO.
  • The EVO gets way hotter than the +, both inside and out. Especially out. My + was plugged in all day at 1 o'clock and it did not get more than warm. The EVO gets fuckin hot on the top half, but stays amazingly cool on the lower half.
  • The EVO's removable and more importantly replaceable power cord just absolutely destroys the +'s very short, very stiff, very not removable cord.
  • The EVO gets up to vaping temps at least twice, if not three times faster than the +.
  • The + came complete with some strange smells. The EVO did not have or emit any smells. I don't know if this smell is from the unit sitting for awhile or if the smell will eventually dissipate.
  • The EVO box is way nicer. Lol
  • The cloud production is very similar, but the EVO seems to milk faster and longer.
  • The ELBs that came with the EVO are just slightly loose in the +'s joint while the ELBs that came with the + are slightly tight in the EVO's joint.
  • The EVO is just slightly taller than the +.
  • Because of the weight, the EVO can slide around on a table while the cord can pull it. The +'s heft keeps this from being a problem.
  • The glass mouthpiece that came with the EVO seems to be of slightly higher quality then the one that came with the +. I could definitely be wrong about this.
  • The restriction seems to be a bit tighter on the EVO.
  • The restrictions in the EVO bamboo are closer to the base than the restrictions in the + bamboo.
  • The EVO bamboo looks thicker than the + bamboo.
  • The EVO has the soft silicone buffer at the bottom of the joint that the + does not. I like this for glass usage.
  • The LEDs glow brighter in the EVO.
  • The EVO just looks better to me.
That's about it for now. Please add your own findings.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
How restricted is the draw? My OG cloud has a nearly unrestricted air flow. Effortless. My + has a fair amount of restriction. I can pop my ears if I try to hit to to hard. I understand this is very subjective but how easily does air flow through the Evo?

elmomuzz,
Reactions: Seek

MacRadish

Over time, with various replacements Clouds and Cloud+'s coming and going, what I have noticed is the hole diameter of the those restrictive orifices inside the bamboo, vary between one another. The smaller that diameter is means I have to use less heat otherwise there is an uneven extraction and a fast popcorny taste. Yes, the draw is definitely affected if you ask me. Wal-Mart sells a glass bead file,,,too scared to do it but now that my Evo is here I just might...

I am hoping the Evo is more quality controlled in that one regard, it's bamboo is completely different but there is a restrictive path at the bottom.

MacRadish,
Top Bottom