Comparison of the artisan vapes!

GoldenBud

milaana 2 no tcr control, only "gas/brakes" and you need to adjust your draw and "design" the hit that you want (slower draw > higher temp...) unregulated.. you can combust if you push it too far
with TP80 tcr control you set it to a temp and inhale..
milaana/tp80 there's glass inside so it's breakable, most people won't go outside home with it
fw7 im not sure but i think it's only ss heater...so it's less fragile i think? but i think decent performance too

because TP80 has grass rodes inside it, when they are hot, and the ss coils are hot, it's a big heater, bigger than FW7 i think ... more volume to it

anyway, you can't get wrong with either of these devices

GoldenBud,
Reactions: arb

SquirrelMaster

In your honest opinion how does the P80 compare to the FW7 and what about the Milaan 2 compared to the P80 and FW7?

I'm getting a few new vapes so I'd like to know the pros and cons of each device.

Thanks much

The Tetra P80 is my current favorite portable device followed closely by the Milaana (and others) and then the FW7 further down the list but above others. They're all good vapes and not one would be a bad choice but here are the reasons why I'd rate them like that.

P80 has the best flavour imo, though the Milaana is very close. With the glass incorporated into the heater design the vapour tastes excellent and with the technology/programming in the mod it's very easy to achieve consistent results in the Tetra. The Milaana is also very excellent once you nail proper button modulation. The FW7's hybrid heating nature puts it last as I just prefer pure convection when looking specifically at flavour but it's no slouch. It's better than the Mighty in that area, among other reasons.

Ease of use is also going to be a little subjective but again I'd go with the P80 because I can throw it in session mode and vape away. It's easy to adjust the temperature, batteries are easy to change, display is easy to read, fire button is massive and, like the Milaana, it's very easy to clean. The bowl can also hold the most material if needed and like the Milaana the draw is wide open. The Milaana is easy to use once you figure out the button modulation with your draw strength which doesn't take long. You just need to pay attention at all times or you might combust (not once for me so far). It's literally press a button so some might say the Milaana is easier to use once you know what you're doing. The FW7 is simple to use but changing temperatures from the preset options is more involved. That hasn't been an issue for me as I set my temperatures when I first got the vape and I haven't touched them since so it may not bother you either. The fire button is the smallest of the bunch so a little harder to find but not a deal breaker. Bowl size is the smallest, draw is more restricive and when you're checking your flower make sure you're careful or let the device cool as the ceramic is HOT and it's easy to slip your finger into it. Because of the hybrid heating you don't need to check your flower and stir so I'm careful when I empty a bowl and it's only been a minor annoyance (no burns yet).

In the battery department the P80 is the hog of the bunch followed by the FW7 and then Milaana. The P80 would be better if I used it in on demand but I prefer to use it in session mode as I think the results are better when the glass in the heater heat soaks. The FW7 is a little better iirc but my batteries are a PITA to get out and since there's no on board charging I have to be very attentive when I'm changing cells as I almost tore through a casing when I tried removing my first cell. The Milaana will vary depending on if your device runs hot (high heat Mi3) or "cool" (low heat Mi3, or Mi2), with the high heat versions getting longer battery life as you're not on the fire button as often.

For vapour production they all pump out clouds.

Fit and finish of the Milaana and P80 is top not notch on my units where as the FW7 has uneven edges, gaps etc. None of this affects the vape in day to day use but if you're even slightly OCD the FW7 may drive you nuts.

The Tetra P80 is the largest and heaviest of the bunch but I like the size as it fits well in hand. Depending on the wood species the Milaana and FW7 will be fairly similiar in walnut for example, though I think the FW7 is the lightest. A Milaana 3 in ipe (the standard wood) is pretty heavy because of the wood and brass plate so I'd need to pull out the scale to confirm everything as I'm just going off memory. Once you throw a stem in the P80 or Mi they can get much larger so if stealth was your number one concern I'd say the FW7 would be the best.

Unless you can find a used P80 they're tough to get brand new and you'll need to sign up for email's on Lamart's site to be notified of the next drop. There is a very limited amount released each time so you may not get one on your first or second attempt but @funkyjunky will slot you in for a custom if you have 2 refunded purchases in a row. There is some time involved for getting a custom so this isn't a device you would see anytime soon but I'm sure you know the saying "good things come to those who wait".

Check RBT.MD on IG and there may be a Milaana or 2 left to bid on if you're looking for something immediately, that's how they've been selling recently. FW7's (if in stock) are available on their site.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think they are all too different to compare honestly, different heaters and technology, even though they are all great wood vapes!

Firewood 7 is more conduction, with a little hybrid convection, near instant on demand, in a ceramic chamber oven, with temp control regulation...

Milaana 2 is pure convection, instant on demand, unregulated so the power level is dependent on the battery level (ie a fresh battery will be the fastest to heat, and it will get slower as the battery weakens, meaning more time on the button to compensate) This is probably the easiest Milaana to use with the least risk of combustion thanks to the design of them, though they are not easy to obtain! Your chamber and vapor path is glass stems with glass on glass connection...

Tetra P80 is pure convection, near instant on demand, regulated with temp control thanks to the mod+ software (plus cruise and Tstep session features, warmup, eco, and more) also uses glass stems as chamber and vapor path, many stem and accessory options at Lamart store...

Pretty comparable battery life for each of them, they use the same type of batteries, and each only take one... Portability-wise, it is a toss-up maybe, but Mi2 is smaller and more ergonomic than TP80... Firewood probably the most portable but more difficult to load and empty on the go...

So this is a sort of comparison, could probably go further, into other aspects like customer support? but based on performance yeah they are all so different and how they perform, despite similarities, so you'll have to decide what you're looking for exactly.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Maybe it's best to just have each in my collection, I have several desktop rigs and a ton of mass-produced portables but for artesian, I only have the TM which I love. I think it's time to expanded my collection to broaden my horizons, most of my vapes I just use occasionally, but it's so much fun to be able to take pull out something totally different at a whim and have a unique experience.

I was stuck on the VROD for a while but then I moved to the Studenglass with a Gpen Connect and my MiniVap for herb for a bit, then to the Hybrid for a few days. I have so many more, but I have been kind of rotating these recently. Tafee Bowle just arrived, so about to give that a try now, and I'm sure it will get a lot of use for a while.

If you were to chose two of the above which two would you chose? It's a silly question because if I'm getting two I'll probably just get the 3rd, P80 is so tough to get though!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe it's best to just have each in my collection, I have several desktop rigs and a ton of mass-produced portables but for artesian, I only have the TM which I love. I think it's time to expanded my collection to broaden my horizons, most of my vapes I just use occasionally, but it's so much fun to be able to take pull out something totally different at a whim and have a unique experience.

I was stuck on the VROD for a while but then I moved to the Studenglass with a Gpen Connect and my MiniVap for herb for a bit, then to the Hybrid for a few days. I have so many more, but I have been kind of rotating these recently. Tafee Bowle just arrived, so about to give that a try now, and I'm sure it will get a lot of use for a while.

If you were to chose two of the above which two would you chose? It's a silly question because if I'm getting two I'll probably just get the 3rd, P80 is so tough to get though!

Haha yeah definitely grab a firewood7 when you can, as it is more unique counterpart to the tinymight? Like a conduction TM!

Then yeah Tetra is pretty hard to get, not that Milaana is easy now either... If you have the opportunity to get a Milaana it would also be a nice compliment, as a different experience from TM and FW... RBT heaters are great to experience and have in the collection!

I suppose the compromise would be to grab yourself a splinter or splinter z, set it up with a ravage 230 mod, and maybe get the best of both worlds between Tetra and Milaana??

Top Bottom