Combustion Occured..and possible damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somepothead

Hello Everybody
This is my first time posting here. I have past experience with vaporizers and am now onto my second one; the silver surfer. Thing is great. I have no complaints. However, the other night while vaping with my buddy we had some stuff very quickly catch fire then I turned it down immediately.
Now, I usually place my knob at about 1:45-2:00. Let it heat up for about 10 minutes then let it rip. This time around I did turn it up to full blast for a brief period in order to clean my screen. I turned it to full blast and pulled as hard as I could (it did in fact work very well). However, do you think that turning it at max temp and then turning it back down to regular temp made it way too hot? Also, can it cause any damage to the wand or any other part? We changed the screen because it had ash on it :mad:
Having had the Surfer for only a couple weeks now I am still getting used to it. Input would be appreciated as to the cause of the combustion and the possible damages if any.

Thank you,
Mike
p.s. I did do a search and was unable to pull any other question of this nature...i dont know if that is a good or bad thing.

somepothead,

tuttle

No, turning up the heater all the way will cause no damage, to the heater, heater cover, or whip (the one exception to this I have heard if the heater is touching the heater cover). Combustion is probably due to a combination of a a hot heater and a slow draw. Again, there isn't really any damage that can result of such except possibly a stinky wand, which you can clean.

tuttle,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom