Colombian Devil's Breath - Scopolamine

OC513

Dabaholic
Anyone here ever heard of Scopolamine? Very crazy drug. This is a documentary on it.....I've never seen anything like it before, it renders a person incapable of exercising free-will. They compare it to a "date rape drug" but while you're high on Scopolamine you are completely conscious, dont seem drugged, you have your wits about you but you will do anything and everything somebody tells you to. The plant it is made from grows wildly all over Colombia. Vid is about 20 minutes long and there is also a second part to it if you click on the right of the video. It's very interesting and horrifying at the same time........the world is a crazy place.

OC513,

lwien

I know I recognized the name of that drug somewhere. A long time ago when I used to do some long range tuna fishing in Mexican waters, I'd wear a Scopolamine patch behind my ear to combat sea sickness. The main side affect is that it made be a bit sleepy and kind of spacey.

lwien,

OC513

Dabaholic
after reading about it I found out it is used for motion sickness in doses that are very minute.......using a bit more causes the loss of free will mentioned in the video and a bigger dose will cause an instant heart attack.

OC513,

lwien

Ya know, the side affects are unpleasant enough that I had no desire to want to increase the dosage. If anything, a lessor dosage would have been preferable if it would have kept away the motion sickness.

lwien,

Beezleb

Interesting that it is being looked and has been used to treat addiction to nicotine and was used for heroine and cocaine according to wiki. Seems like it makes it easier to go through withdrawal.

Seems too dangerous for the likes of me to play with though.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:

Believe me, Beeze, there is nothing about the resulting "high" that is pleasurable.

lwien,

lwien

Beezleb said:

Believe me, Beeze, there is nothing about the resulting "high" that is pleasurable so why one would want to even contemplate increasing the dosage that is standard for sea sickness is beyond me. And my reaction to it was not atypical.

lwien,

lepstadder

Dont fuck with Scopolamine, or any other tropane alkaloids, ever!! Period

Not a good idea

Only the most experienced shamans would partake, and they would tread very cautiously

It grows everywhere in the states, its in many different plants and has been written about extensively pre 60's when thier were few TRUE psychedelics known to philosophers and explorers

Very dangerous, you may never come back

lepstadder,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Scopolamine

i'm a scopolamine baby ... it was given to help pregnant women deliver. quick read: although i didn't see any reference to this on Wikipedia.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom