Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Anyone else hear a little "crackling/click" sound coming from inside the bowl when you get a nice big first rip? I don't know if it's maybe the heater making some sort of click from a temp change (that's more likely than my theory) but when I hear it I know there is a huge exhale coming. I only ever hear it on a good first rip so I've got the high-dea that it's my weed "crackling" (think log in a fire) due to going from moist to dry so quickly but I don't know. Anyone else notice this?

I also noticed this sound only on the first hit so I think it is just the sound of weed crackling due to the huge amount of heat flowing through.

On another note, I have noticed the Vapbong is extremely harsh for my athsma and had to stop using it. Does the vapor profile have similar effects for anyone else here? I have a Volcano Hybrid and Flowerpot and both are completely comfortable for me but not the Vapbong.

Yeah I just assumed thats any bits of stem crackling, like little sticks in a fire as said.

Have not used either Volc Hybrid or flowerpot but the bandit is by far smoothest vape I have used so far with little to no irritation

SatanLovestoVape

I understand the sentiment, I will say I find ceramic to be more durable than glass and feel that way, you do not want to drop any of it on a hard surface for sure, always risks, but especially compared to all the glass in the Cloud Evo I feel more secure with a Bandit personally... Part of the reason for that is that the Evo is very tall, especially with a tube on top, and removing the tube, the glass on glass is just a little more delicate I think? As opposed to the ceramic on ceramic here, and it's just a little ball bowl, just be careful, set it down carefully, don't set it up in a place where it can drop from a high height onto a very hard surface like concrete... Be mindful of the mouthpiece sticking out for the bandit, not a big deal but again pay attention to where you are setting it up, knocking over, I think it's quite stable, particularly compared to cloud evo and the hydro tubes, but yeah if this does not work for your own situation then I suggest looking into some other vapes? Portables?
We all know portables won't hit as hard as the Vapbong. There is no portable on the market that can hold 2gs of ground herb. Plus, I recently purchased a tetra p80 which is lovely, so now it is time to buy a new desktop for myself. My last desktop purchase was a flowerpot which was about a year ago. This year looks like the Vapbong is a vape to get.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
We all know portables won't hit as hard as the Vapbong. There is no portable on the market that can hold 2gs of ground herb. Plus, I recently purchased a tetra p80 which is lovely, so now it is time to buy a new desktop for myself. My last desktop purchase was a flowerpot which was about a year ago. This year looks like the Vapbong is a vape to get.

Oh, yeah, if you are okay with that TP80 and durability then you are going to be absolutely fine with an OAB!

If you're looking to load two grams though sounds like you should have gone for a viking or berserker perhaps... I think there are others that are maybe better at this large amount, sure you can overload a VB with low voltage and go to town, but I think it's more effective with feeling the inner bowl so like .5g max? Either way you're going to have fun with it, I don't think there's a reason to be worried about it either :tup:

notams

toke down Babylon
With deference to the true master of tools: @RogueGuy I wanted to show the silly little tool I made.

I ordered some "lab spoons" from Amazon. I got a 2 pack for a few bucks delivered. I liked the design. But, it wasn't ideal. I whipped out my Harbor Freieght $7 Dremel tool and voila! Cheap and rustic, like me.

I made the entire spoon bowl smaller and hooked the end to make it a better screen clearer then filed the spatula end to a finer point. I sanded off the shiny finish and torched it to get a bronze look on the finish then a little paracord wrap for grip.

The pic has the plain spoon just wrapped and the modified one next to it. I put the tray in for size reference. It's about pencil size. Now THIS is ideal. Back of spoon for crushing, edge for chopping, hook for screen clearing the other end for... IDK.. cuticle maintenance?

And this is a better angle of the curve, the convex of the spoon which perfectly conforms to the concave inside curve of the sacred oven nut - crush those nugs! I hope I correctly guessed convex /concave. If I didn't, I'm sure someone from Reddit will pop in and correct me.

Edit: adding...

Oh, and plus one for dialing it down. Going up to 10 is just fine. You stoners are always trying to get higher.

Last edited:

rowbam

Man, I'm hopping on the lower temps train tonight. 10v with some bowls barely covering the screen and still killing them fast!

The versatility of the Aromatizer is fantastic. Plus a few nights ago it absolutely wrecked me on higher temps with a small amount (.2g maybe?)

johnnyCanuck

Anyone suggest to AOV to perhaps sell pelican like cases to go with their aromatizers? I guess they could sell them at cost or small mark up.

I figure it’d almost guarantee safe delivery of Aromatizers across the pond. I would also wager that they’d have less $ write offs and hours of work to produce replacement units.

Customers would be happy with a permanent fix for storage/transportation at a decent cost with precut foam inserts.

thoughts?

I’ve really been enjoying using my OAB with a whip lately! It really changes the ergonomics - and it also changes the draw a lot too. I think it’s the way that the whip reduces the air path - I can take shorter and “easier” draws and get really nice hits. The one I have now makes a really good seal without any type of adapter - I think that’s mostly luck as every mouthpiece and every whip will be slightly different. With enough planning and craftiness, I think you could put something together for any size aromatizer though!

Shit Snacks

I’ve really been enjoying using my OAB with a whip lately! It really changes the ergonomics - and it also changes the draw a lot too. I think it’s the way that the whip reduces the air path - I can take shorter and “easier” draws and get really nice hits. The one I have now makes a really good seal without any type of adapter - I think that’s mostly luck as every mouthpiece and every whip will be slightly different. With enough planning and craftiness, I think you could put something together for any size aromatizer though!

I bought a whip cork adapter with my recent Lamart order so I can attach my braided whip from them, well try to at least!

Anyone suggest to AOV to perhaps sell pelican like cases to go with their aromatizers? I guess they could sell them at cost or small mark up.

I figure it’d almost guarantee safe delivery of Aromatizers across the pond. I would also wager that they’d have less $ write offs and hours of work to produce replacement units.

Customers would be happy with a permanent fix for storage/transportation at a decent cost with precut

I saw the previous posts about pelican-like cases for this and I had the same thought. It would make shipping so much safer and easier. I would only imagine it as an upgrade on an order, but still - I would go for it!

PS - do they make these cases large enough to hold a few aromatizer sized devices in one case? I’d love to store 2 OABs, and a “classic sized” bong.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
@johnnyCanuck fantastic idea on AoV designed carrying case. I def agree with multiple revenue streams. Especially stuff AoV could sell with no credit card restrictions. I'd love them to sell screens, poke tools, mats, whips, voltage regulators, matching glaze water fill pitchers and AVB bowls, T shirts, hats, stickers, everything.

I'd pay basically whatever they wanted charge for a matching 8 oz teacup. But, I realize kiln time / space is limited.

@1101010100101 Awesone! Another convert! Yeah! I'm a huge whip fan. Not to crap on Lamart or @Shit Snacks recent purchase. But, those whips are short and skinny. I got a silicon hookah hose with an aluminum handle from Amazon that has all the gaskets and such for an airtight seal. I use 100% of my VB thru a whip, highly recommended.

Shit Snacks

@johnnyCanuck fantastic idea on AoV designed carrying case. I def agree with multiple revenue streams. Especially stuff AoV could sell with no credit card restrictions. I'd love them to sell screens, poke tools, mats, whips, voltage regulators, matching glaze water fill pitchers and AVB bowls, T shirts, hats, stickers, everything.

I'd pay basically whatever they wanted charge for a matching 8 oz teacup. But, I realize kiln time / space is limited.

@1101010100101 Awesone! Another convert! Yeah! I'm a huge whip fan. Not to crap on Lamart or @Shit Snacks recent purchase. But, those whips are short and skinny. I got a silicon hookah hose with an aluminum handle from Amazon that has all the gaskets and such for an airtight seal. I use 100% of my VB thru a whip, highly recommended.

My preference and my setup does not require a whip that long though, the Lamart one is perfect, for small sofa that is only slightly lower than the coughee table :tup:

I have owned and enjoyed a couple of hookahs (several years ago) so I have some idea of what you mean by the difference in hose diameter! I think the “skinniness” of the Lamart hose is somewhat appealing to me in this case as a slight change from how incredibly open the OAB/classic is natively. Not saying either is better than the other - it’s nice to have variety!

I would love to try a wider, classic hookah hose with my OAB - I’m gonna look into that soon!

I would 100% pay for a matching teacup for my glazes - that’s a really nice idea! :)

notams

toke down Babylon
Tell me how that Lamart one works out. I'm interested. I'm basing my opinion on the size from the website. I'm not wanting to crap on it. Sorry.

Another consideration: the longer the hose = the more shit you're gonna knock over. And knock things over you will, my friend. But, probably a lot less than me with your little stubby thing. (kidding)

Oh, and the hose diameter - yeah, makes a huge difference. I purchased 3 different diameter hoses. Totally different from one to the other. One is no better than another - just totally changes the draw. Interestingly, it seemed the length was rather irrelevant to draw. (that sentence on length was hard to word in such a way so as to end up in the 'quoted out of context' thread)

@Shit Snacks "coughee table". Bravo, sir.

Tell me how that Lamart one works out. I'm interested. I'm basing my opinion on the size from the website. I'm not wanting to crap on it. Sorry.

Another consideration: the longer the hose = the more shit you're gonna knock over. And knock things over you will, my friend. But, probably a lot less than me with your little stubby thing. (kidding)

Oh, and the hose diameter - yeah, makes a huge difference. I purchased 3 different diameter hoses. Totally different from one to the other. One is no better than another - just totally changes the draw. Interestingly, it seemed the length was rather irrelevant to draw. (that sentence on length was hard to word in such a way so as to end up in the 'quoted out of context' thread)

@Shit Snacks "coughee table". Bravo, sir.
Variety!

Reactions: BigJr48

thunderstealer1337

Yes the vapor from this unit runs somewhat hot, when I do use it on weekends the hot heater evaporates the water level daily (1 of my gripes I originally posted)

Also I've had 2-3 strains that only taste good on first draw then immediately like popcorn, but when I try those strains in other vapes they taste super delicious and Terry.

And same other strains taste mundane but shine in vapbong, but 1 strain "lemon cane"really bothers me where I can't take full capacity hits since the vapor is so harsh

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Hi Folks, I have had a couple of nights with the Viking. It can be held in one hand but I was more comfortable moving to it. The puck,just like the ball, must be lined up right or will have air leak.It’s right at 1 inch deep. After a good heat soak I started at 8.5 which is where the Mini OAB works best for me. It was way too high for the Viking. After several bowls I ended at 7.5. At this level I can pretty much control draw speed to great effect. Even at 7.5 if I tried a 10 second slow pull I would be in trouble by the 7 count! So medium to fast short draws work best for me. If you hit the Viking ,the Viking hits you back! After 3 or 4 hits you will realize this Viking means business.@Texus you will have a blast with this one.

Texus

Hi Folks, I have had a couple of nights with the Viking. It can be held in one hand but I was more comfortable moving to it. The puck,just like the ball, must be lined up right or will have air leak.It’s right at 1 inch deep. After a good heat soak I started at 8.5 which is where the Mini OAB works best for me. It was way too high for the Viking. After several bowls I ended at 7.5. At this level I can pretty much control draw speed to great effect. Even at 7.5 if I tried a 10 second slow pull I would be in trouble by the 7 count! So medium to fast short draws work best for me. If you hit the Viking ,the Viking hits you back! After 3 or 4 hits you will realize this Viking means business.@Texus you will have a blast with this one.
psyched! mine should ship Monday. Any noticeable differences from Mini OAB, VapBong other than temp settings?

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
psyched! mine should ship Monday. Any noticeable differences from Mini OAB, VapBong other than temp settings?
Hells yeah ! A lot more vapor for one. It seems to pull better. When adding water it goes from nothing to hard chug by adding half a Dixie cup of water more, This thing makes some clouds. When doing whole nugs it’s harder to break them up in the puck. That’s a good excuse for tool shopping! All this is comparing the Mini. Vapbong can certainly keep up in the vapor making arena And was easier to dial in. I will be going lower in temps for sure with the Viking,cause it is still a hair strong at 7.5. Prepare for battle.

BestBuds

The Dude
I started using rezblock/cranberry extract in my Aromatizer. Just about 4 drops to the water. I change my water every day anyways. Wow it really works well!
It made my weekly deep clean so much easier!
Sipping and ripping the aromatizer still holds the crown for me.

.d

I started using rezblock/cranberry extract in my Aromatizer. Just about 4 drops to the water. I change my water every day anyways. Wow it really works well!
It made my weekly deep clean so much easier!
Sipping and ripping the aromatizer still holds the crown for me.
wait, what do you mean extract? what does it do?

.d,

NimChimpsky

Terrible thing happened to my treefrog OAB. The ball felt on my tile floor and completely shattered in pieces :(.

Just emailed Daniel but any advice? Do I have to send my whole unit back to Germany?
Ahh god damn I'm sorry. Yea you will more than likely have to send the unit back in to Germany. Daniel will give you the details. Others here have gone through the process and I believe it was a relatively quick turnaround, though i don't know the price (maybe it would be more $ with the cobblestone glaze?). So at least there are options :/ you might want to invest in one of those pelican cases for shipping as others have described here. Satan speed, friend.

Top Bottom