Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

bornfree13

Spare bowls seems like straight up good marketing to me (especially during 420 season). Folks appear to be investing a pretty penny into these things. A spare as an inexpensive throw-in now might serve to inspire folks to start a collection later. Freebie up front turns into a collection hobby. Mix and match and whatnot. While I like the matching sets, I don't mind the random non-matching look. But it's all fantasy for me at this point 'cause I have nowhere to use one of these now though some day there will be a place.
I can see myself being one of them to collect spare ball/bowls. I wish I would have thought of asking about them when I ordered 5 extra various filling cups.
I'm gonna write Daniel and find out about the ball/bowl

Vital

I would love to see Daniel create a VapBong that has the larger ball painted to resemble the Earth, and the bowl/ball painted as the moon, and perhaps the bong itself could be a spaceship...or maybe one could be the Sun, and the other the Earth, and the bong could have other planets painted on it...I'm sure you get the idea/concept...a solar system, galaxy, or planets design. :drool:

Wouldn't that look sweet? :rockon:

I think it would be wonderful if it included an extra bowl instead of the funnel/dish.

You sir are a brilliant, awe inspiring, artisan, genius!

@Donald Denzler...I love your ingenuity, creativity, and overall craftsmanship. You sir are a brilliant, awe inspiring, artisan, genius! :bowdown:

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Guys it is not the heater that is doing the play,it is the shitty PSU,and most of all the shitty potentiometer they used on it . I have a couple and the first one came in like that the second one developed the same issue over time. You can see how people in Woodscents and the E-nano threads are striping their knobs with bands,lol.. Cause even the most miniature of movements makes it jump a few.@Hippie Dickie has mentioned on multiple occasion the downsides of the knob mechanism. The accuracy of the knob controlled isnt as precise as buttons where you can do 0.01 steps with ease,while with knobs most of the times you have to act as a DJ or just be ok with the number on display not matching the one in your mind,after all with some heaters 0.1-0.2 isnt that big of deal. There are these small multi turn potentiometers (little blue blocks) that get turned with a screw driver,they are somewhat more accurate than the knobbed ones,but still like their big brothers they get fucked up over time and develop a dead spots which makes for big jump in numbers and maimung even further the accuracy.
Saying all that i get it that knobs are still more comfortable with most of the guys because of the analog feeling,but they will get fucked up quicker than the buttoned ones.Replacing is not a big deal if they last you a good ammount of time. Shitty quality ones like in those PSUs come sometimes fucked out of the box or develop those issues much sooner than the high quality ones(like those seen on higher end audio equipments). Thing is the volume of sound doesnt have to be that precise to be pleasurable.
Would have your air conditioner controlled by a knob ? Maybe have one your remote control,lol :D..
And after all of that that PSU is still great value for the money i grabbed mine for 10$ on aliexpress ,they are great for portability and cause of the all in one assembly,but at home i prefer precision and i am ready to DIY and cough up some more $ in order to get that. I totally get it why Master Denzler says he is working on a new one. It is just doesnt matches the quality of the rest of the gear :) !
Forgot to mentioned that i have build a few controllers myself and have confirmed all this first hand So, accuracy wise : buttons>multi-turn trimmer/potentiometer>knob potentiometers.
Buttons also can get fuck over time,but they are getting much less use because it is much harder to miss your target,in worst case it will be by a click or two,while with the knobs you will have to give it a couple of tries.

Last edited:

bornfree13

I can see myself being one of them to collect spare ball/bowls. I wish I would have thought of asking about them when I ordered 5 extra various filling cups.
I'm gonna write Daniel and find out about the ball/bowl
No need to ask Daniel. I just got my 2nd VapBong. It is a bit different in size. So it seems like there are differences. So Don't break your balls, Anyone

bornfree13

Guys it is not the heater that is doing the play,it is the shitty PSU,and most of all the shitty potentiometer they used on it . I have a couple and the first one came in like that the second one developed the same issue over time. You can see how people in Woodscents and the E-nano threads are striping their knobs with bands,lol.. Cause even the most miniature of movements makes it jump a few.@Hippie Dickie has mentioned on multiple occasion the downsides of the knob mechanism. The accuracy of the knob controlled isnt as precise as buttons where you can do 0.01 steps with ease,while with knobs most of the times you have to act as a DJ or just be ok with the number on display not matching the one in your mind,after all with some heaters 0.1-0.2 isnt that big of deal. There are these small multi turn potentiometers (little blue blocks) that get turned with a screw driver,they are somewhat more accurate than the knobbed ones,but still like their big brothers they get fucked up over time and develop a dead spots which makes for big jump in numbers and maimung even further the accuracy.
Saying all that i get it that knobs are still more comfortable with most of the guys because of the analog feeling,but they will get fucked up quicker than the buttoned ones.Replacing is not a big deal if they last you a good ammount of time. Shitty quality ones like in those PSUs come sometimes fucked out of the box or develop those issues much sooner than the high quality ones(like those seen on higher end audio equipments). Thing is the volume of sound doesnt have to be that precise to be pleasurable.
Would have your air conditioner controlled by a knob ? Maybe have one your remote control,lol :D..
And after all of that that PSU is still great value for the money i grabbed mine for 10$ on aliexpress ,they are great for portability and cause of the all in one assembly,but at home i prefer precision and i am ready to DIY and cough up some more $ in order to get that. I totally get it why Master Denzler says he is working on a new one. It is just doesnt matches the quality of the rest of the gear :) !
Forgot to mentioned that i have build a few controllers myself and have confirmed all this first hand So, accuracy wise : buttons>multi-turn trimmer/potentiometer>knob potentiometers.
Buttons also can get fuck over time,but they are getting much less use because it is much harder to miss your target,in worst case it will be by a click or two,while with the knobs you will have to give it a couple of tries.

"that PSU is still great value for the money i grabbed mine for 10$ on aliexpress"

What part exactly did you buy from aliexpress? If I may ask?

Pictures or it never happend! :brow:
Cappucino Mint

https://imgur.com/a/Fx18FgE

Woodland Fantasy

https://i.imgur.com/ebR3z3j.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Maybe it's because the VapBong in my possession isn't mine, but I really never worry about that ball. Most of the time it will be on the device, where it sits securely even when the VB is carried around a bit or stuff (ground at the right spots to prevent slipping). If you want to remove the ball while using or whatever, I'd suggest to put it in the nice tray the VB comes with. I do think even in hazardous scenarios the ball has a good chance to survive too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
"that PSU is still great value for the money i grabbed mine for 10$ on aliexpress"

What part exactly did you buy from aliexpress? If I may ask?

Cappucino Mint

https://imgur.com/a/Fx18FgE

Woodland Fantasy

https://i.imgur.com/ebR3z3j.jpg

Wow man that is gorgeous!

Screenshot-20200414-105212.png

It actually looks a little skinnier narrower than your first one, but that could be the angle?

The second link for woodland fantasy will work if you just refresh after clicking through btw

bornfree13

It actually looks a little skinnier narrower than your first one, but that could be the angle?

The second link for woodland fantasy will work if you just refresh after clicking through btw
It is skinnier. They are all handmade. That is why the ball/bowls arent uniform

Daniel said that he liked my idea of a second ball/bowl option. They plan on doing that for some vapes. Otherwise you'd have to send it back so they can make a new one that fits

lazylathe

Almost there...
It is skinnier. They are all handmade. That is why the ball/bowls arent uniform

Daniel said that he liked my idea of a second ball/bowl option. They plan on doing that for some vapes. Otherwise you'd have to send it back so they can make a new one that fits

Thanks for asking and I am happy that I mentioned it in one of my comments above.
If I jump on this, it will need a spare bowl just in case.

Have you or @deadlytoaster tried it dry yet?
Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference in flavor?

Your 2nd one has unique colors although I love your 1st one!

bornfree13

Thanks for asking and I am happy that I mentioned it in one of my comments above.
If I jump on this, it will need a spare bowl just in case.

Have you or @deadlytoaster tried it dry yet?
Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference in flavor?

Your 2nd one has unique colors although I love your 1st one!
High

I am using the new one dry at the moment and there is definetly a difference in taste. I taste the terpine profiles a whole lot more with the dry one . I thought it might get hot or harsh but I didn't notice any of that.

the taste was good all the way to the end. The intensity of the terps taste tapered off by the end of your journey. I got no "burnt popcorn" taste. Which was nice.

Overall. They are both pleasurable and unique.

You are correct. It is skinnier and a tad taller. It's the exact one I picked out.

@Abysmal Vapor that PSU is still great value for the money i grabbed mine for 10$ on aliexpress
What exact model of PSU did you get? Any links?

I think I double posted again. Can a mod fix this if I did

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I was talking about that one @bornfree13 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959494100.html here you go dude even cheaper :). That price just cannot be beat ,try to assemble one it would end you double the cost.
Does anyone know how many watts the heater uses ? Pretty sure it is below 60w,since it runns off that psu.Anyone got a wall watt meter ?

Last edited:

JEMSKU

I was talking about that one @bornfree13 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959494100.html here you go dude even cheaper :). That price just cannot be beat ,try to assemble one it would end you double the cost.
Does anyone know how many watts the heater uses ? Pretty sure it is below 60w,since it runns off that psu.Anyone got a wall watt meter ?

According to google translate this page says these run at about 40W: https://www.art-of-vapor.com/de/infos/funktion-und-wirkungsweise/

This seems pretty high actually, I had been looking at these as maybe a replacement for my log vape at my computer desk, but that power consumption isn't nearly as insignificant as my Woodscents. I'd feel a bit sketchy about leaving it on constantly and the warmup time prevents any sort of on-demand use.

Or maybe I'm just trying to talk myself out of spending $500 CAD :uhoh:

Top Bottom