Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

thunderstealer1337

Lol im already using a smart plug, its how I can specifically track the kwh used on this specific outlet.

Also once the neck of the heater gets to hot/uncomfortable to hold/touch, that is the max heat soak imo, and that seriously takes 5+ hours for me at 11.8 start and drops down to 10.9 fairly quickly but wont drop to 10.7 until 5+ hours.

SquirrelMaster

Smart plug is great for this.

I forgot to turn mine off a couple times so I added a schedule where my smart plug shuts off at a certain time so that doesn't happen again. I always trigger mine remotely to start it. You can have some fun too with naming it differently so you can say "Alexa, I wanna get high" or "Hey Google fire up the Alien Dong" :rofl:.

Sorry I had to :ninja:.

Ripstar

I forgot to turn mine off a couple times so I added a schedule where my smart plug shuts off at a certain time so that doesn't happen again. I always trigger mine remotely to start it. You can have some fun too with naming it differently so you can say "Alexa, I wanna get high" or "Hey Google fire up the Alien Dong" :rofl:.

Sorry I had to :ninja:.
😂 😂 I have done the same thing naming it. As of right now, it's "time to get donged". I set it to turn off around 11 so I don't forget. Smart plugs are a wonderful thing.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I just pick up the Vapbong and tip it toward me to hit it, like I used to do back in the day with straight tubes. The ball stays put. I still want a bandit too though haha
That's the thing, the bowl is very secure and doesn't come off easily. It's the false sensation of security that will catch you off guard when the bowl will decide to leave you to travel the world and believe me you will watch it fall in slow motion toward the floor. :doh: So a little bit of advice, only do that when you are sitting on the couch, bonus point if you have a thick rug on your floor. :tup:

kimura

@The Chemist Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t had an incident yet, but I’m paranoid, and I also like to remove the ball after each hit (carb corked), so I usually hold the bong with my left and hold the small ball with my right. I should have mentioned that, but it’s second nature to me so I didn’t think of it. I don’t always vape on a soft surface either, so your advice is well taken

edit: i think a busted ball could only be replaced by sending your Vapbong back to Portugal (Germany?). Pretty bad news

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

😂 😂 I have done the same thing naming it. As of right now, it's "time to get donged". I set it to turn off around 11 so I don't forget. Smart plugs are a wonderful thing.
I was definitely stealing your naming on that one :lol:.

@The Chemist I have only once gone to move my VapBong and the ball fell off luckily only a few inches to my counter. My heart skipped a beat for sure. Maybe they should make a VapBong with a loop at the top of the bowl so you can attach a little lanyard. It looks a little funny to imagine in my mind but I bet they could make it looks like part of the design.

Ripstar

@The Chemist Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t had an incident yet, but I’m paranoid, and I also like to remove the ball after each hit (carb corked), so I usually hold the bong with my left and hold the small ball with my right. I should have mentioned that, but it’s second nature to me so I didn’t think of it. I don’t always vape on a soft surface either, so your advice is well taken

edit: i think a busted ball could only be replaced by sending your Vapbong back to Portugal (Germany?). Pretty bad news
The first thing that happened as I took the vapbong out, was, something flies out. I immediately began to internally cry( 😂 ), it was the loading dish, bounced a few feet/a couple of times. Nothing happened to it, it was like cement hitting the ground. These things are stronger than glass!

Vapefanatic

I keep wanting to post but the Bandit keep knocking me back down lol.

Very happy to read that most of us are on the same page on how it works. The vibe on this thread is so chill. I believe it's a testament to the product. The VB/ OAB hits so hard that no one can be bothered to get defensive lol. Typing a post is already a struggle lol.

Still happy to report that 10.6 remains my sweet spot. I have been manually dialing the vvps but am gonna start doing it like you guys, leaving the dial as it is.

Am not doing 3 hits clearing of bowl anymore. Just wanted to know I can.10.5 is what I use to not piss the wife off so much. Its almost foolproof. 10.6 is ideal imo. A typical bowl now goes through 4-5 hits to get a nice even abv. I shake the bowl after each hit cos I'm clearing the bowl anyways. So why not?

This thing hits hard. Tastes so good i find myself binging a lot.

10.5V abv. Nice and golden similar to my Mighty/Volcano but in way way lesser time and way way better flavor. And this is despite going through water
2E62AAC5-D3F4-4EB1-B200-8908BDD8479C.jpeg

10.6V abv. I don't reuse my abv, except throwing them into compost. So i prefer to vape them closer to being spent. This is ideal for me
1C9FA5B5-CC61-4382-8790-CB9432C1668E.jpeg

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
my honeymoon phase is over and going into a daily rotation, this thing drew .3kwh for 7 hours of run time, or roughly 15-20 cents for 7 hours running, if you ran it 24/7 it definitely gets costly
Did my math for my yearly electric bill .3 / 7 * 18 * 365 = 281,57 KWh per year 18 hrs. on every day 0.23 €/KWh = 64€/year
Thats OK for me being that extra stoned from the Vapbong. :smug:
stoned the simpsons GIF

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
I'm not joking, I have a hard time awaiting this one.
I have already a Vapbong but I have a hard time too waiting for my Bandit after readinng the latest review here.
In my imagination I am already sitting on my couch and using the Bandit because it will be more comfortable to handle there.
And the Vapbong will be on my Computer Desk.
Always remember good things takes time.
Daffy Duck Waiting GIF

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I was definitely stealing your naming on that one :lol:.

@The Chemist I have only once gone to move my VapBong and the ball fell off luckily only a few inches to my counter. My heart skipped a beat for sure. Maybe they should make a VapBong with a loop at the top of the bowl so you can attach a little lanyard. It looks a little funny to imagine in my mind but I bet they could make it looks like part of the design.
I think a silicone sleeve for the bowl would be ideal for people with butterfinger related disorders. Seems like an easy DIY, im thinking something similar to the sleeve for the Wii controller

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
As of now, repairs are done in germany. Daniel told me when we talked / wrote. For a new ball they need the whole monolith to fit it in as every Ball is a bit different.
That's what I thought. Good to know they can provide a replacement for the bowl even if you have the ship the whole vape to them.

So far we know they can replace the bowl, repair the body of the vape if a piece of the clay breaks.

Does anybody knows if they can replace the heater if it stop working?

passenger

is this thing on?
Without having fully watched the building videos I think they easily can. They lay two canals in the body with silicone, put it in the kiln and remove the silicone. My bet is they pull the heater in from the ballopening and bind it together at the bottom? Someone knows?

Easywider

Simple is the way
Mine didn't get delivered yesterday even though I sat by the door waiting allllll damn day.

But it did come this morning, It's magnificent and It's warming up right now!
Everyone has mentioned this but it still took me by surprise how sturdy and heavy-duty this guy feels.

T-minus 20mins to blast off :science:

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
Does anybody knows if they can replace the heater if it stop working?
The heating for sure.
There is one video on youtube where you can see Dr. Colly building the heating unit and putting it in a Vapbong.
My bet is they pull the heater in from the ballopening and bind it together at the bottom? Someone knows?
That's what it's looking like in the video.

Drug

I've been really enjoying my VB with dry herb. It's exactly the quick extractor I needed in my collection. I fill the bowl with ~.15g and clear that in 4-5 big hits, followed by 1-2 smaller hits to really finish it off. These big hits are enormous, surpassing the clouds my previous desktop (Cloud Evo) was able to produce. Actually, taking these big hits, I still have to restrict my intake to prevent my lungs from getting overwhelmed. It also shows the benefits regarding efficiency of vaping compared to combusting, of which the latter allows one to easily finish a .15 bowl in one bong rip. Should I try that with my VB I don't believe I'd survive lol.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Pictures or it didn't happen 🙌
... enjoy the Test Drive!

I went with a neutral color and choose the ginger root as I'm also ginger in real life. Seems to blend in nicely with its surroundings I may even put a flower in it :lol:

Screen Shot on 2020-12-03 at 11-08-46.png

Had my first session, set the dial to 11.5 I think let it soak for 30min and it was @ 10.6 when I hit it. Loaded enough herb to fill the screen area with a light tamping, my first draw was the most flavourful hit of cannabis I've had in a long while. Nice clouds to match. I had about 4 - 5 more draws playing with my draw speed. Slower draws had zero vapor production and rip-roaring fast ones had big clouds.

I wasn't a fan of the amount of air that needed to get displaced for it to start rolling so I added about the maximum amount of water it could hold. Much easier to get it rolling and my low temp tasty hits turned into a monster of a cloud and I almost combusted. Next round I'm going to take a small amount of water out and I should be in my sweet spot!

This puppy is so smooth I felt no harshness at all even at almost combustion levels.

Vapefanatic

I hope they have another sale on 420. This time, I'm gonna snag an Obsidian OAB. I am feeling that the OAB suits my needs better that I'm not even gonna try for a classic. The angle is just perfect for my usage.

I hope the makers have info on how long these last if left on for 10-12 hours daily? For now, I'm still hesitant on leaving it on all day. I tried turning it down to minimum voltage but find it doesn't cut down heat soak time by too much. So I end up binging too much before shutting it down lol.

Top Bottom