Collecting pollen from an electric grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plotinus

Hi all. I just bought a cheapy Krupps coffee bean grinder and was wondering whether other folks using one of these could provide some strategies for pollen collection from the chamber. Even a tiny bud has resulted in a fine dusting of pollen well worth a harvest, but I'm reluctant to use anything that will make a mess or miss a lot of the dust.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Plotinus,

Abu

My friend uses a coffee grinder and he says the little brush that came with it works great

Abu,

manchild

Vapourist
I just use a pocket knife to get into all the nooks and crannies. It's up to you how often you wanna do this. I usually do it after each grind and just mix it back in with my bowl. You can let it build up as long as you want though. The bit taht builds up underneath the blade can be pressed down after each grind, do this and in a few weeks you'll have a pretty solid hunk of pressed keif.

I really shouldn't refer to it as keif and don't think it's anywhere near the quality of the keif collected from a grinder with a screen. More a case of keif mixed with very finely ground particles in my opinion. Referred to as dustys in my house, my mates dad calls them x-files cones. :lol:

manchild,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom