Collecting Kief

Mr.Sifter

hello forum,

I use the s&b grinders but would like to start collecting My kief.

Been looking at kannastör gr8tr and the santa cruz cali crusher.
Both seem to be high end and i could have either one for around 50 euro.

Now, i do not really need another grinder. I only want the kief that is gumming up my grinder once or twice a year so I have to buy a new 5€ S&B grinder. Other than that the s&b grinder work really good and I like it. good results.

Should i invest in a luxuary grinder only because of my wish for kief?
Sifter wants to sift !
I know bubble bags and pollinators. But i don t want to process my weed. I just want to collect the trichomes before it gums up my "cant be cleaned plastic grinder".
I do not expect much. A little sprinkle for the occasional vapcap.

Can t seem to justify spending this money on an luxuary grinder when i have two or three s&b ones.

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Have you considered a kief box for weed storage? Ryot and some other manufacturers provide them and i find them a great passive way to collect my yum yum cannacaine eithout losing too much on the grind. I also use the S&B grinders more. I own a four piece grinder but find I prefer my two piece space case.

Also, I like to keep as much kief as possible for the bowl about to be vaped for purposes of effectiveness. More kief, better hit! Plus long term storage can cause degradation. I have like 2 or 3 grams of kief right now that I've collected out of my box over the last 8 months.

Slagzord,
Reactions: Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter

Hi, nice to read your reply.

This sounds good.
I will google them.
Can I ask for your experience with those boxes.
Do they keep the smell?

It would be good the put a boveda pack into the "kief box".
oh man, i like this word :D

is this your storage box you open and take out some for your 2pc grinder?
what model do you have?

Mr.Sifter,

Slagzord

Hey, I'm just waiting at a bank and it is freezing rain like all heck so I'll be sure to get home safely and share some links and photos.

Slagzord

Ugh, so I don't think I can edit my above post so double post it is. I also just busted a lung on a delicious capsule in the ol Mighty. This is mine...but in walnut. https://www.ryot.com/ryotr-7x7-solid-top-box-in-natural-finish.html

So the smell is greatly reduced. My Ryot box has four magnets that hold the lid on. I feel like the wood works to absorb and reduce the smell. However, it all depends on how stanky your bud is. I've had ounces sitting in there with no smell, I've had quarters where guests would arrive and say 'yo...'.

The box can let your stuff dry out but not much more than it just sitting in a mason jar. Tossing a Boveda pack in there helps. If your bottom surface is cleared of crystals it is also possible to put a couple drops of distilled water to evaporate and rehumidify the buds.

I tend to grab from my box, which is augmented by many jars, and then toss it in my grinder. Lately been rocking the Herb Mill XL from S&B which is the best value grinder on the market.

Now, not all boxes are made equal and you'll want to carefully read what it is made of. Namely if the bottom is exposed wood or a smooth surface like glass or acrylic. If it is not a smooth surface it will hold onto your kief and that will be no bueno. Kinda defeats the purpose. Ages ago in high school I built one with a wood bottom. I speak from experience ;)

You can make your own as well, I haven't in years but I'm sure you can!

Slagzord,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom