Cold or hot air flow in a DBV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsigned_char72

Sorry for the newbie question, I'm vaping for the first time and am trying to make sure I'm using my new vaporizer properly.

I just vaped some Salvia in a DBV, preheated 3 minutes, knob turned to maximum temperature as required for Salvia. Now, the ceramic element is glowing red and some barely-visible mist is going in the tube when I draw, but: the air flow is not hot at all. Ambient temperature I would say. I was expecting a dry and hot air flow to burn my throat and lungs but it was not so, with my most amazement. Is that normal, shouldn't it be hot? Is my unit defective? Perhaps it's because of the length of the tube? (1 meter long approx). Should I trim it?

Forgot to say that I experienced the typical effects of Salvia (what counts after all), so at least it seem to work.

After examination, the waste material looks like the original herb: same brown color, only a little more crisp.

Any comments / suggestions ? thanks

unsigned_char72,

max

Out to lunch
I experienced the typical effects of Salvia
That says it all. A glass wand and 3' of tubing will definitely have some cooling effect. ;) Dry, crispy/crunchy remains also are a good indication that it's been vaped.

max,

unsigned_char72

so anyone can confirm this: is air flow coming out of the DBV wand at (almost) ambient temperature?

I'm just trying to figure if my unit is defective or not. Thank you.

unsigned_char72,

Beezleb

The vapor is not hot, some people are more sensitive to it than others and they tend to be more vocal than just regular users but it seems perfectly normal how you describe it.

Generally those who have heat sensitivity issues use a bong or some type of cooling but this is a low percentage of users imo.

In real life, I have only met one person who has heat issues but I cant say I know many who vape.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
I'm just trying to figure if my unit is defective or not.
If it vaporized salvia, which takes a high temp (and you said you got the effects), how can it be defective?

max,

unsigned_char72

max said:
If it vaporized salvia, which takes a high temp (and you said you got the effects), how can it be defective?
yes, that's true, it only seemed to me quite strange that the air flow cooled down so quickly. My past experience is with a VaporGenie which has a very hot air flow (at least if I'm using it correctly), so I tought it was the same with the DBV.

Perhaps I have to follow the advice in the DBV user manual:

Da Buddha manual said:
Getting the right vapor draw is a science. Da Buddha owners learn their machine in about 1 week (usually less).

unsigned_char72,

lwien

unsigned_char72 said:
My past experience is with a VaporGenie which has a very hot air flow (at least if I'm using it correctly), so I tought it was the same with the DBV.
You CAN use your VG correctly and not take in very hot air. Just hit it like you would a joint, i.e, take in some cool air along with the vapor. Works for me, and the vapor is just warm and no where near hot.

The VG as well as the DBV, or any vape without bags, is really all about user technique. Lots of variables here.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom