• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cloud Jumping- Trying some different strains

ictus

My buddy and I recently spent several hours comparing various strains in different vaporizers. For a while we were jumping between the INH004 and the VXH Cloud when doing these tests because I used to prefer the INH taste, but my buddy convinced me after more trials that the Cloud gets more consistent taste results from a greater variety of herbs. The INH does excel with a few strains.

Anyways, I started getting into this in the Cloud thread but somebody correctly realized it was a bit of a derail. John Lewus asked different Cloud users if they could give some input on experiences with different strains. Namely, which ones cause the least lung/throat irritation. Here is my first reply along that line of reasoning:

John: IMO you are definitely right about the different strains causing more caughing. My list from last night, in order of smoothest to harshest.

Mango Kush caused the least coughing and was by far the smoothest and tastiest. Never a hint of bitter even on the first few hits. It probably also had slightly less THC than the others below (all are so frosty the point is almost moot). Never coughed except once when I took a huge rip with the cloud at 3 oclock (danger will robinson).

Next was the Blue Russian. This stuff vapes really sweet, with a breakfast taste almost like you are eating an omlette with a bit of bacon. Kind of a medium, didn't make me cough alot but caused a lung tickle on bigger hits.

Next was the Purple Urkel. The stuff is crazy potent and lavender tasty and mostly smooth. First hit or two have the slightest bitter taste from typical dank herb in a vape. Made me cough a bit more than the previous two. Smoking out of a bowl, I actually think Urkel is way better than the Blue Russian, but in the Cloud it's definitely the other way around.

We also tried a 4th unknown that was called "Thunderstorm". I haven't been able to find any info on it. It seems to have more THC crystals than any of the other buds (even the outside is very frosted), but the crystals have a slight yellow tint. Nothing remarkable about the taste (typical decent stuff) except that it hits like a motherfucker. I only took one or two dry hits off this before I swithced to the Hydratube because I was coughing like a motherfucker. The only shitty thing about it was I only got 3-4 nice nugs that were fluffy, the rest was all bricked and crushed.

So lets hear from some other cloud owners. What are your worst/best, or smoothest/harshest cloud strains? Let's analyze 'em any way we can :)

John Lewus

Thanks for starting this. I need to go home to look at what I have to contribute. I think this is going to be very complicated because even age has an impact. I bought some stuff a year ago that I'm trying to finish and it feels harsher to vape than when I got it.

John Lewus,

daybrightener

Special Agent 4Twenty!
...I bought some stuff a year ago that I'm trying to finish and it feels harsher to vape than when I got it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't THC potency is diminished the longer you have it in storage? Having herb for over a year?????? How much did you buy? LBs???? Time to Re-Up, son!

daybrightener,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't THC potency is diminished the longer you have it in storage? Having herb for over a year?????? How much did you buy? LBs???? Time to Re-Up, son!
You're right, but I think it has more to do with being very dry from being in storage for so long.

Quetzalcoatl,

daybrightener

Special Agent 4Twenty!
You're right, but I think it has more to do with being very dry from being in storage for so long.

AHhhh, yeah makes sense. I've just never, in all my 34 years, ever had product for that long - the whole idea perplexes me lolz!

daybrightener,

John Lewus

I did not have any good way to buy it so when I had the chance to get 4 oz at one time I jumped on it and vacuum sealed it. It works OK but fresher is better. Overall after a year it lost about twenty percent efficiency. Now I have choices so wanting to try better stuff. So many strains so many choices.

daybrightener

Special Agent 4Twenty!
I did not have any good way to buy it so when I had the chance to get 4 oz at one time I jumped on it and vacuum sealed it. It works OK but fresher is better. Overall after a year it lost about twenty percent efficiency. Now I have choices so wanting to try better stuff. So many strains so many choices.

Thank you for sharing; I have often wondered about long term storage. Especially if I was gonna grow. Very interesting!

daybrightener,
Top Bottom