Cloud Evo and Vap3

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Ok, I have the funds. Not for a new Evo but a used one, or a new Vap3.

I would like some input from those who have actually used both.

1. Ease of use (both dry and with water)
2. Durability
3. Efficiency (specifically in regards to smaller loads)
4. Can you use any screens in the Vap3? I know this will diminish flavor

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
yogoshio,

turk

turk
...have and use both...had the "cloud" before the evo...so like 5 years...vap3... Less than 6 mos...
...ease of use...very little difference...elb stays in heat source..till you take out...with vap3 stem also stays in heat element ...till you remove.
...durability is a push...to me.. Efficiency..about equal...maybe evo more efficient...it takes grinded herb...vap3...nuggets.
..never used screen with vap3...but I can't see why you can't...not needed in my opinion ..hope that helps..

turk,
Reactions: yogoshio

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Any opinion helps! The fact that they are so close is why I specifically am looking for those with both like yourself.

yogoshio,
Reactions: turk

turk

turk
...both are real tasty , flavorful hits...glass pieces with vap3 are smaller..thus easier to clean..more glass pieces designed for evo than vap3...at least now...haven't used vap3 for concentrates yet..I have other options...

turk,

YungLeaner

I think that if you like huge, milky hits and water pipe versatility, the Evo is the one you should choose. Especially now that there are many hydratube options on DHgate to make the whole setup a lot cheaper than it used to be. If you want lower temp tasty hits and don't care about using water I would probably choose the Vap3.

YungLeaner,

lemmeadem

IMO, the Evo (a buddy has one, use it semi-regularly) is a more convection oriented cloudchaser vape than the VAP3 but the VAP3 is more efficient/durable (with the exception of the heater-sleeves, but they are easily changed/purchased), especially if one is careful to remove the bowl like one would when using a log-vape from the VAP3 after every hit. You'll definitely have a heavier signature with the VAP3 and whenever I have a cluster headache or migraine the VAP3 was the vape for me - it sedates like nobodies business and takes indica strains up a notch like no electric vape I've used.

If you're really not sure which you'd like to use and you're trying to dip a finger in and it's a choice between a USED Evo (a vaporizer that hasn't had a particularly brilliant run in terms of reliability) and a NEW VAP3, I'd go a VAP3 anyday. You get the same water-tool functionality with the added bonus of having digital temp. control laid out for you on a small screen, the Vapolution service on your side (par none) and a replacement heater sleeve for less than half the price of an Evo WITHOUT HT. Spend the money you've left over on a VXL hydratube if you'd like, or a DHgate knock-off. :)

In the end, the Evo will satisfy you but it's a vape that's rapidly being pushed aside by current-generation budget vapes at a comparable price because of its (past and current) price barrier.

Also, VXL is a company I've heard many great things about, although my limited experience with them and others' experiences with them on this very forum from days past is something to be very aware of. I'd rather pay into a new style of new vape (with a VERY unique vape signature!) than a new style of old vape, if you catch my meaning.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I appreciate all the info!

I did end up connecting on here with a member not far from and am picking up and Evo with hydratube (mouthpiece needs fixing, but I have a connection with a local glassblower) for a great deal.

If not for this, i would likely have gotten that Vap3. The pricing available on ebay is untouchable ($220 for hydratube version, holy crap!!) but it was still a rough decision.

Also, as much as I love purity, I have a flowermate now, so anything will be an incredible upgrade from there so that wasn't an issue. And, we need VERY little to get highly medicated, so the idea of having a screen to use ground herb will make it easier not to waste anything (the difference of ground vs. whole size wise is something I always struggle with).

I think another REALLY big factor for me is that from the sounds of things, I don't have to remember to remove the herbs from the chamber between hits, which is a BIG deal for me.

Top Bottom