Cloud Connoisseur vs Prrl Labs Neo

chicago_animal

I came across both of these and was curious about the difference between the two? Looks like the NEO is battery while CC stuff like Halo needs to be plugged in?

chicago_animal,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

CC has zenith which can run on battery. Pretty different devices I think, at least in user experience. I only have Neo and never really used it a lot because of compatibility design flaw. The CC vapes use industry standard joint sizes so that's way more convenient. Also probably more advanced as its r&d wasn't finished until after Neo had already been released for a while afaik. Like @GoldenBud says probably more capable of clouds. Halo also offers something else with the halogen heating. That halo to me is most interesting interesting because of that heater.

chicago_animal

CC has zenith which can run on battery. Pretty different devices I think, at least in user experience. I only have Neo and never really used it a lot because of compatibility design flaw. The CC vapes use industry standard joint sizes so that's way more convenient. Also probably more advanced as its r&d wasn't finished until after Neo had already been released for a while afaik. Like @GoldenBud says probably more capable of clouds. Halo also offers something else with the halogen heating. That halo to me is most interesting interesting because of that heater.
Do you know what kind of prices CC stuff like Halo and Atlas go for?

chicago_animal,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do you know what kind of prices CC stuff like Halo and Atlas go for?

Around 300 give or take, depending on the specific configuration, just message him here to make any inquiry!

There really is no comparison, of a plug-in halogen / ruby injector vape, and a 510 on demand atomizer like that...

Razhumikin

Neo is a fun vapor toy, but its a little too cumbersome to use as a daily driver. CC stuff is very different, theyre desktop injectors with tons of punch. Not really comparable at all, like comparing a golf cart to a bmw. Theyll both get you where you need to go, and the golf cart can be a lot of fun to play around with on days where you wanna take it easy, but its not gonna be as fast or as powerful and its not gonna be the one you choose to get you to where you need to be everyday.

chicago_animal

Neo is a fun vapor toy, but its a little too cumbersome to use as a daily driver. CC stuff is very different, theyre desktop injectors with tons of punch. Not really comparable at all, like comparing a golf cart to a bmw. Theyll both get you where you need to go, and the golf cart can be a lot of fun to play around with on days where you wanna take it easy, but its not gonna be as fast or as powerful and its not gonna be the one you choose to get you to where you need to be everyday.
This was a perfect ELI5 that definitely helped lol thank you and everyone else for commenting!

@Shit Snacks price is great as if I went with the Nero I would ptob get the Terp Surfer with it so it's going to be in the same range.

Shit Snacks

This was a perfect ELI5 that definitely helped lol thank you and everyone else for commenting!

@Shit Snacks price is great as if I went with the Nero I would ptob get the Terp Surfer with it so it's going to be in the same range.

You might also be interested in the cloud connoisseur glass line though (he also makes great wood bowls as well!)

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Nice, to each their own, I really despise matrix perc for vaping, and not such a fan of that chamber form factor etc. I'm sure it will still work well (I do have too much glass)
I think matrix perc's strip some taste but I always appreciated how they purr and smooth things out. Knowing you put a premium on flavor, I am not surprised by your comments.

Shit Snacks

I think matrix perc's strip some taste but I always appreciated how they purr and smooth things out. Knowing you put a premium on flavor, I am not surprised by your comments.

Yeah, exactly that, I also don't like how they pull, way too smooth and open, I prefer a bit more restriction I suppose, less diffusion, but I also don't like how they often blow back with top down style joints (may not be an issue with the cube setup, extra down stem and carb though) Yeah you know me, I'd instead be much more interested in the mini cell circ perc version that you sell... You have so much great glass in the store now! :tup:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks i talked to him on IG and am trying to decide on an Atlas or Halo. What would you recommend? I really want to use this in water pieces, my OG Stickybrick and a J-Hook.

Either one is going to work well for that, the differences should be apparent, between the halogen or full cartridge ruby mass...?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Either one is going to work well for that, the differences should be apparent, between the halogen or full cartridge ruby mass...?
Both the threads are pretty short if you want to read through them:

Shit Snacks

What exactly is the differences between the halogen and full cartridge

Halogen is a halogen bulb, is heats up faster, but it also builds the heat more when left sitting for the first hit back, could have a bit more recovery period after I hit potentially if ran high and hard, also it is illuminated of course... The cartridge is surrounded by more rubies, heats up slower, but maintains the steadier equilibrium even when left sitting with long heat soak and keeps up more for back-to-back hits (you could also get the Atlas without rubies, glass pearls instead, might not be that much of a noticeable difference depending how you use it exactly) Halo can set up right on its own, Atlas needs a stand of some sort, either way they both come with the handle stand though, otherwise subtle differences

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What exactly is the differences between the halogen and full cartridge
A cartridge is a stainless steel rod used in a variety of applications. They are pretty common in log vapes. I believe the Atlas is SS and ceramic although I would have to ask iDB. In the Atlas there is also a lot of thermal mass in the rubies to retain heat.

The Halo has a halogen bulb. Also surrounded by rubies? I don't know for certain as mine is waiting on another shipment of cobalt glass. People tend to say halo makes for a pure flavor and the Atlas is a workhorse.

I see now that Shit Snacks has answered this better than I did, but I typed it all out so I will post too 🙂.

Couple of other notes, you might have a long lead time because this is a custom device built by a single artist. In my opinion, worth the wait. Also don't sleep on the Zenith. I have seen some of what is coming and it is mind-blowing.

Shit Snacks

The Halo has a halogen bulb. Also surrounded by rubies? I don't know for certain as mine is waiting on another shipment of cobalt glass. People tend to say halo makes for a pure flavor and the Atlas is a workhorse.

The halogen bulb is actually surrounded by steel mesh, and then the rubies are at the tip... So beautiful with the cobalt glass, black glass also looks great, but with the halogen covered that way, clear glass also works fine!

Also flavor in the Atlas is surprisingly fantastic as well it is hard to say one is better than the other really, depending on the setups and settings, both extremely capable as well!

Couple of other notes, you might have a long lead time because this is a custom device built by a single artist. In my opinion, worth the wait. Also don't sleep on the Zenith. I have seen some of what is coming at it is mind-blowing.

Yeah Zenith will pick up in the future because he is not dependent on the outside sourced glass parts, all in house, quicker simpler shape with the log, however I do not like the vapor quality as much as Halo and Atlas, though it is extremely dense and quick and efficient and mine is only a beta!

chicago_animal

of other notes, you might have a long lead time because this is a custom device built by a single artist. In my opinion, worth the wait. Also don't sleep on the Zenith. I have seen some of what is coming and it is mind-blowing.

I gotta admit I'm really thinking about the Zenith right now. I was leaning towards the Halo but now it's between the Halo and Zenith. I really like I can plug it in or use it on the go with the mod.

Top Bottom