Clear Extracts?

Bud

Grinders..... I GOT IT ALL kik me buz420
I was able to run into a friend that gave my 1g of clear ( Brand is Clear Extracts) in a tude? He told me 100 thc with treps taken out and added after the process? What is the deal with this? Good to dab with or vape? Thanks

Bud,

HomeFree

You should be able to eat it as well, mixed into something like coconut oil, MCT oil or alcohol or even make an atomized spray for under your tongue. You could probably get it into some 192 proof pretty easy without heat, the other two might require a little heat unless you are patient, or would put a tincture bottle in your pocket for a week or so and let 90 degrees and agitation do the work for you. I don't think it has much in the way of waxes so it should go into solution fairly easy.

The extracts were 'purged' from a nearby city, and they were blowing out the clear stuff for $25-35/gram at one shop. AFAIK the clear is not a BHO (even though it may start as one) so they should have been left alone. I wish I'd had some cash to get a few grams to make a tincture which has terpenes still in it, while being active.

Seems weird to me to clean up a crappy extract and then add terpenes back for a generic set of types, but to each their own. But to eat, I would be open to that for sure. Also I think it is good that they are taking these crummy extracts and actually making a half decent product out of them.

Last edited:
HomeFree,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
The article you have posted does not mention CO2, but heat and pressure.

You heat the solution and force the vapor through a maze which only certain molecules may pass through, (like a hole which only the THC molecule is able to fit through for example.) so that you may collect each component individually as you like. (short path gas chromotography.) Just like I said.

Last edited:
seaofgreens,

CBDFarm

QUIT.
"The Clear” is a line of high purity concentrates extracted using a “solvent-free” ... the ONLY solvent they ever add to the heat-extraction is C02."

CBDFarm,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Right... So you are quoting a comment from that article... Nowhere in that article itself does it mention C02 man. And I am certainly not going to base fact from a comment in an article...

Also, assuming you did use C02, it would be the solution in which you are applying heat to force the vapor through the maze I was/am describing... C02 is just a non-toxic non-flammable solvent btw... Anything that can be used to extract solubles is by definition, a solvent...

Last edited:
seaofgreens,

CBDFarm

QUIT.
Right... So you are quoting a comment from that article... Nowhere in that article itself does it mention C02 man. And I am certainly not going to base fact from a comment in an article...

LOL If you say so, peace.

Last edited:
CBDFarm,

bropoke2233

@seaofgreens you're close. it's not chromatography though, it's short path distillation

specifically, the clear is made in a wiped film evaporator from co2 extract. everything you said about cleaning up lower quality extracts into clear - correct. you can do it from any starting extract.

terms are jumbled around a lot but the preferred term seems to quickly becoming "solvent-less" since the distillation process removes the solvent if there is any present. people are rapidly adopting "clear" as a generic term, kind of like what happened to kleenex. i personally call it distillate

additionally, being fully decarbed, you can eat it without mixing it with fat/alcohol

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Thanks for clearing up the syntax confusion @bropoke2233.

@CBDFarm I am here to learn and exchange what information I have. I won't and never have claimed to be the end all source of information, but I certainly want what information I choose to believe to have more credibility than an anonymous comment in an un-sourced article.

If you have a point, or some information, maybe discuss it in more than monosyllabic terms, so that I, the thickheaded, might understand the genius roiling beneath:

:2c::peace:

seaofgreens,
Top Bottom