Cleaning Log Vape stems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyHead

I have a log vape and use it regulary. The problem is I have 3 of those white stems and 2 broke in the past week :/
Guess I'm not cleaning correctly. On both the broken ones the screen popped out, though one stem I was able to bend the wire fence back into somewhat regular position. The other stem that isn't broken is clogged. I can't seem to clean the wire inside, I hold it up to the light and see few very tiny holes. I tried to clean it with isopropyl but I think it made it worse. Any cleaning advice?
Also when I empty the stems after vaping I keep the ABV bud, so what's the best tool to empty the stem?

Thanks!

Modnote: Check the "How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin" sticky in the section you posted this in. :)

SleepyHead,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well.... You'll have to get instructions to put the stems back together. I'm not sure if they all work the same so you might look at the thread from whichever log vape you have.

As far as cleaning goes I think cleaning often helps. I use Everclear since I make a tincture with it but you can use Iso. I let them soak for awhile and then I have a little brush I use while I am rinsing them. I've never poked at them or had a screen come loose this way.

Rather than use a tool which will dislodge the screen I would either blow your empty tube into a container....Many suggestions about that here OR you can tap the tube against the container and let the ABV come out that way. If it doesn't come out easily - it isn't spent - take another puff and try again.

Good luck!

Lo,

SleepyHead

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have cleaning methods? I was going to ask this in the MyrtleZap thread, but since most log vapes use similar stem's I thought it's General.

SleepyHead,
I let mine sit, empty, in the vape for a couple of minutes then start hitting on it. I sometimes get a half a hit, btw. Then blow it out hard a few times. Maybe a tap on something hard and repeat if needed. Mine have had about an oz or so through them and they all draw clear with this method. I may eventually let the ends sit in a shot glass of everclear to really clean them.

Howie Feltersnatch,

aero18

vaporist
Simple Green is a great cleaner to add to your stoner supplies. It is nontoxic, biodegradable, and an excellent liquid to clean glass with (bongs look spotless!).

With stems, I soak them in a solution of Simple Green first and then let 'em soak in isopropyl. Simple Green dissolves the gunk much more readily than isopropyl (so no need for salt). It can be difficult to remove the Simple Green residues entirely, so a dunk in isopropyl is needed before you can use them.

aero18,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom