Clean micro-dosing

Shadooz

Hi everyone,

I'm owner of 2 crafty. Got them since 5 years, with already 2 rma (so 4 unit).
I'm concerned about the airpath not cleanable and the fail issue that send two unit in rma.
The first one died during a hit, awfull taste of plastic (intoxication). Luckily the second died during the heating time but get the same smell than the first. (Fuse i guess).

Except that, the crafty was perfect for my microdosing, suceed to take 5 hit(separate by hours and days) with less than 0.1g, compress under the oil pad and to bubbler. At 180° till 185°.
I only use it with wpa.

Now i'm waiting to get that awfull hit come back again one day.. and the fact that i can't clean the heater and airpathway make me want to change.
I've read a lot a thread, i watch closely now the tinymight or herborizer digiti.

First the tinymight, everything seems better than the crafty (fast heating, repleacable battery) except the unprecised temperature.
But the pro aren't enough to pay for.
Some succeed to take the heater apart so it could be deeply clean with iso (a game changer), someone could tel me if he had done it easily ?

For the second, herborizer digiti, the airpath is fully and easy to clean, nothing can melt.
Prefer the digiti for precise temp and faster heating.
My doubt with this one (except the price and it's wired) is about the bowl, not really made for microdosing but more i'm afraid some pollen/skuff can fall through the screen (as they pass into collector grinder). This issue could be the same with tinymight wpa, and for now by compressing with oil pad, everything stay in the chamber of my crafty.
I don't want to pay for downgrading my vaping session and lose some thc powder. And for now my crafty do well except the dirty airpath and plastic melt.

Help me to decide if i must change or not,
And Thanks for reading that long post.
Cheers.

I'm like you I have a mighty basically the same unit as crafty and feel that the heater is dirty and needs cleaned but its encased in plastic and not serviceable, I still use it when I want to vape a big section and get baked(I think that this is more my feelings.

My main driver is a Dynavap I like it because it hits almost every box that I want for the perfect vape for me, its very small, powerful, awesome microdoser, every part can be cleaned, every part can be replaced, endless customization so you can have a vape that preforms the way you like and can be a work of art too!!! with all that it still has its downsides. but they can be a positive! The dynavap is a personal device and don't do well for passing around with others and is great during COVID19! And with an induction heaters it really makes dynavap an awesome choice.

I notice your talking about the Tiny might and I thought that I would mention that the terta P80 is very similar to the TM but has temp control(this is from my observations as I am still not lucky enough to have one yet.

GoldenBud

ELEV8R / Lotus ... 100% clean air, 100% clean heater, available to purchase immediately, easy to clean .... work with 0.05g too .. both of them
TP80 / TM has more features (less chance to get burned from the torch, they look better, more unique, no need butane/lighters) but are expensive than Lotus/ELEV8R

Dynavap for microdosing works well but the taste is a little bit "muted" comparing to the convection devices imho

Shadooz

Those two were on my view too, for the p80 it seems always out of stock, (quite like tinymight and digiti at this time), but what bring me to the tinymight is the possible possibility (sorry for the double conditionel) to clean all with iso, i won't think the p80 could be, i don't really know but never seen someone taking it apart like the tinymight.

For the vapcap, i use a bubbler always, the temp will be random, even more with wpa, and with the possibility to overcook/burn.
But yes it seems cheap, clean and allroad so i've read the thread about it a lot, with all the different IH too.

For the elev8r and lotus i haven't read a lot about them but the temp will be random too, that's why i prefer the herborizer digiti than the normal TI, and wil have to buy torch and butane... i quite smoking not to play with fire again, and burn everything

badbee

Some succeed to take the heater apart so it could be deeply clean with iso (a game changer), someone could tel me if he had done it easily ?

I haven't seen anyone claim the TinyMight heater was easy to reassemble. Several people have killed their units after taking out the center machine screw. A couple of others have managed to reassemble it with the tiny spacers and reported it was very tricky.

Shadooz

I read that some had to reassemble it more than once cause of a not well placed joint, but succeed to make it work again. So yes, the possibility to break it would pick it out of my wish list. Only want it cause it could be clean...

Shadooz,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I read that some had to reassemble it more than once cause of a not well placed joint, but succeed to make it work again. So yes, the possibility to break it would pick it out of my wish list. Only want it cause it could be clean...
Several parts of the tinymight can be taken apart and cleaned, but generally there isn't/should be a need to actually disassemble it completely.

Last edited:
WisePenny,

Shadooz

ulxwp1w8fma51.jpg

The part that i want clean, the heater

Shadooz,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Shadooz – Hm, do you plan to clean that part on a regular basis? That is definitely not recommended, taking the TM apart is a risky project – and, as others have mentioned, not necessary too. The TM can be cleaned relatively easy & deep, but one should stay away from fiddling with the internals and disassembling the entire unit.

First the tinymight, everything seems better than the crafty (fast heating, repleacable battery) except the unprecised temperature.

While the TM does not have a digital display, the dial settings correspondent very precisely and consistent with their respective temperature. Just saying. However, I'm not sure that the TM the right device for you, as it is a very fast extractor. You will have a hard time having 5 hits with less than .1g with it. The Dynavaps on the other hand will easily allow that.

Shadooz

I won't think the tinymight will hit more than my crafty if i set the right low temp.
For me the cleaning will not be deep enough if i couldn't soak the heater in iso and have acces to the full airpath.

For the dynavap, or the elv8r it will feel like a downgrade by having to try heating it well each time.

By the way i've make some research for the elv8r and found the enail mod quite interesting.
20200918_050314_1512x.jpg

I'm from france, herborizer digiti would be easier to get but twice the price.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fortunately there are a lot of great options for microdosing with pure materials now! My latest favorite happens to be the on demand, hybrid conduction, new Firewood 7, even though I am a staunch supporter of glass stem based pure convection on demand vapes... I am also new to, and enjoying, the vapman (only using mine with the station) for precise extraction from tiny amounts.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

There's something I learned about vaporizers after getting my convection devices.... if you want to get enough vapor for satisfaction and low temp... you need a big, heavy hitter.....you need alot of heated air for this.... for example, from the crafty/fury/mighty you can't achieve some steam like Supreme/ELEV8R/etc' ...
Supreme is good because you can control the low temp area. you can get vapor from less than 170C... so... the range is getting bigger....
that's less than 170C:

Vaporware

Yeah, from everything I’ve read it would be a bad idea to take the TM’s heater out to clean it. Too much trouble and risk of breaking it.

I think the Nomad is the only battery powered vaporizer I know of that you can very easily take the heater out of, but VapCaps and some desktops like the FlowerPot and Herborizer can be disassembled and cleaned that deeply too.

I think just about everything being talked about here is good, and anything reliable and safe with a small bowl would probably work fine for the amounts you use. The Herborizer is probably more than you need, but that’s still the one I’d personally get, maybe with the new micro dose bowl. :)

If you’re sure you aren’t going to use larger amounts in the future though, you can also go with something cheap like a VapCap.

Edit: My 2nd and 3rd choices that you could get easily would probably be the Firewood 7 or Elev8r, but again you have a lot of good options.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
There's something I learned about vaporizers after getting my convection devices.... if you want to get enough vapor for satisfaction and low temp... you need a big, heavy hitter.....you need alot of heated air for this.... for example, from the crafty/fury/mighty you can't achieve some steam like Supreme/ELEV8R/etc' ...
Supreme is good because you can control the low temp area. you can get vapor from less than 170C... so... the range is getting bigger....
that's less than 170C:
That is impressive especially native.......... savage.
👻

arb,

hoptimum

Hi everyone,

I'm owner of 2 crafty. Got them since 5 years, with already 2 rma (so 4 unit).
I'm concerned about the airpath not cleanable and the fail issue that send two unit in rma.
The first one died during a hit, awfull taste of plastic (intoxication). Luckily the second died during the heating time but get the same smell than the first. (Fuse i guess).

Except that, the crafty was perfect for my microdosing, suceed to take 5 hit(separate by hours and days) with less than 0.1g, compress under the oil pad and to bubbler. At 180° till 185°.
I only use it with wpa.

Now i'm waiting to get that awfull hit come back again one day.. and the fact that i can't clean the heater and airpathway make me want to change.
I've read a lot a thread, i watch closely now the tinymight or herborizer digiti.

But the pro aren't enough to pay for.

For the second, herborizer digiti, the airpath is fully and easy to clean, nothing can melt.
Prefer the digiti for precise temp and faster heating.
My doubt with this one (except the price and it's wired) is about the bowl, not really made for microdosing but more i'm afraid some pollen/skuff can fall through the screen (as they pass into collector grinder). This issue could be the same with tinymight wpa, and for now by compressing with oil pad, everything stay in the chamber of my crafty.
I don't want to pay for downgrading my vaping session and lose some thc powder. And for now my crafty do well except the dirty airpath and plastic melt.

Help me to decide if i must change or not,
And Thanks for reading that long post.
Cheers.
Any log will be a step up. No vape IME micro doses like a leg except the Lotus. And since you don’t need to grind, the flavor is sublime.

Last edited:

ChilledAsian

that's less than 170C:

WOW!! didn't know you can hit it this way!

You might want to check out logvapes for microdosing...

Last edited:

Shadooz

@WisePenny13 the picture come from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyMight/comments/hqenf8
U all make my choice even harder with all those devices..?
so TM seems to not fullfill my wish.

@GoldenBud those clouds are just a waste, to me. Except visualy, people that draw for too long or to big and directly spit everything out just do it wrong.
For the suprem, the v6 with enail will be as expensive as the herborizer and from us shipped

For the firewood 7, it seems more conduction than convection and i haven't found now how to take it apart for cleaning.

So the desktop seems the only one that will fullfill with improvement, digiti, moded elev8r, flowerpot... but still concern about the screen passthrough.

And got a new problem, in this video,
the flowerpot is set at 625°F so 330°C and he still got no vap before 10min, that make it really slow heating and unprecised cause that make it unable to deliver a stable 180° for the bowl

Vaporware

The FlowerPot is just attached to a simple PiD controller that knows the temp of the coil but not the temperature that’s actually reaching the flower. You can turn it up to nearly 800f without combustion, but most people use it set between 550 and 650 or so.

This heater is a large piece of titanium, so it does take time to heat up, but after you wait 5-10 minutes it will be ready to go all day until it’s turned off. If you need a fast heat up time, an on-demand convection portable is probably better, otherwise the FP or Herborizer will get the job done and more. :)

Shadooz

So with all those wired devices, flowerpot, digiti, enail elev8r, supreme v6 i will only have the heater temp that will give me a random chamber temp...?

I've looked at the supreme v3.5 after @GoldenBud post, i wasn't looking torch vap but this one got the thermometer that can change all, if any of the one above can give me the right temp this one will be the only one to fullfill all. Clean and precise temps.
Except it's ugliness , damn they have no designer at supreme :puke:, and the price for just an aluminium box.. 250$

Shadooz,

Vaporware

You won’t get a random chamber temp, it will just be lower than what the PID says. It really isn’t a problem though. If you find temps you like you’ll get the same results every time (all other factors being the same), and the FP at least works at a pretty wide range of temps. I’ve got it at 686 right now, but I’ve used at least as low as 555 and as high as 777. That covers everything from a lot of slow draws to a fast 1-2 draw extraction. You could even go lower if you wanted to stretch it out more and barely exhale any visible vapor.

I have several bowls and I’ve spent a lot of time toward the micro dose end of the spectrum in the last couple of years, so I often have the same bowls sitting around for several days before they’re done. That sounds like what you’d like, so does it really matter if it says 555 on the PID instead of 350 or whatever is hitting the flower? It’s hard to get accurate temperatures on convection vaporizers anyway because your draw speed and other things change the temp of the air hitting your flower.

I’m not sure how the Herborizer handles its temp adjustment/display, but I still wouldn’t worry about it. A lot of great convection vaporizers just have a simple dial with no temperature listings, or even no indication of temps beyond what you feel them putting out.

I’m sure a lot of the PID controllers will let you adjust the display -X degrees if you really want to see a lower temp on the screen, but it still won’t be an accurate temp and unless you’re trying to heat your flower to a very specific temp I still don’t think it matters. ;)

Thinking back to when I only had a DaVinci Ascent I can understand thinking that this is more important than it is. You need a fairly accurate temp setting for conduction heaters like that to avoid burning, but with convection all you really need to know is where the combustion line is (with a fast draw it’s around 800 degrees or a bit higher on the FP from what I’ve heard, but I’ve never combusted with it), and then you can stay below that. If you want low temps anyway, there’s really nothing to worry about. :)

Shadooz

The temp curve learning will take me time... u say 555F (290C) to 800F (420C) for combustion wich correspond to a ~165/200 (329/392F) for flower temp. And that for ur device FP (weedeater/vrod?) With your bowl (glass/metalic/other?).
The temp will always increase the volume just around, the metalic cover for the FP.
And temp will still vary continuously till approching the thermal coil [temp minus system lose( that depend of ambient temp and wind if you're outside wich i could easily with the v3.5),
It will approach fast first then logarithmicaly but i won't gonna get the derivative below 1 easily and fast.
heating titanium for one hit seems a waste of energy for just the one hit i want.

The supreme v3.5 seems to be easier to adjust temp and quicker. But for 50$more with the torch (I really don't know if butane get burn fast for heating it)
and there is still some temp variation.
someone give me a linear temp difference between 165/200 (329/392F) of 20° but the thermometre below, this time, the floral temp for a v3.0
The curve wil be easier to adjust as the logarithm (aka derivative below 1) will be touch sooner than the decreasing temp, and will never get too high, some say to stop more than 15/20°C degree before the highest temp(with v3 and their torches).
I think for the flowerpot (or even herborizer, elev8r,..) to get that loga faster i will have to stop the PID before even taking my hit.

Reading u make my choice harder :cry:

Shadooz,

Shadooz

As i only take one hit by one, the draw will lower the heater temps and then it will be switch off, or even switch off before.
But of course it go into the floral temp, dependently of ur lungs, bubbler, and kind of unit with it's own restriction flow.

That's why i say i will have to learn the curve by myself. With the unit i choose and my bubbler.

Shadooz,
Top Bottom