Clean glass

SWEETLORD

Have a standard d20 bubbler that's pretty clean but there's some gunk in it that just doesn't go away.

I tried all sorts of methods; slushing around water and salt, soaking for days in cleaning vinegar and alcohol but there are these little pieces of muck that won't dissolve.

Any tips?

SWEETLORD,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
slushing around water and salt, soaking for days in cleaning vinegar and alcohol

Not sure if this is what you were doing, but just based off what you said, the salt should go with the alcohol, in water it will just dissolve... I swish rinse coarse salt with 91% iso alcohol, don't even need to soak, but it depends how dirty your piece gets I guess?

People here like to use PBW, powdered brewers wash, or there's also dark crystal and green something or other natural chemical products for cleaning weed glass

SWEETLORD

Not sure if this is what you were doing, but just based off what you said, the salt should go with the alcohol, in water it will just dissolve... I swish rinse coarse salt with 91% iso alcohol, don't even need to soak, but it depends how dirty your piece gets I guess?

People here like to use PBW, powdered brewers wash, or there's also dark crystal and green something or other natural chemical products for cleaning weed glass
Tried different combinations, hehe.

Honestly, my piece isn't very dirty there's just like a few spots and some sticky areas that won't go and it annoys the shit out of me

SWEETLORD,

SWEETLORD

Gonna try salt + alcohol, thanks

SWEETLORD

Oh and PBW! Actually have some since I brew beer, don't know why I haven't thought of it

howie105

Have a standard d20 bubbler that's pretty clean but there's some gunk in it that just doesn't go away.

I tried all sorts of methods; slushing around water and salt, soaking for days in cleaning vinegar and alcohol but there are these little pieces of muck that won't dissolve.

Any tips?
Try rock salt and ISO and be ready to save the mixture when you are done because it is usually reusable. Acetone is something that I have used as well as but not had much luck, but other folks swear by it. Last on the list is an acid bath, sulfuric acid works on most anything. However, it is dangerous and unforgiving if it is not respected, so do your research and don't cut corners.

Last edited:
Top Bottom