Choosing between multiple vaporizers, please help!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
only goes up to 220c, is that enough for vaping hash?
Yes but it will take a while to get through a bowl compared to the VC. If I could only get the product you talk about for 95% of the time I would stick to the VC and get an induction heater and a glass wpa for your VC tip and a bong. An induction heater is a must for a VC user in my opinion as they are great..and cheap too or you can get custom wooden oned made. I have a small portable I made myself ($10+2x18650 batteries) and a SJK for home,
epid=604134254&hash=item2aa7383fc3:g:xqkAAOSw-ctbfMbA&frcectupt=true
I now only rarely use my VC as Dynavap intended as I have what I believe is the Rolls Royce of vapes...a WoodScents by Ed's TNT with a variable voltage supply, with this set up I can roast concentrates to any temp even combustion if I was a caveman and it is by far my most frugal vape. It is similar to a VC but has very little draw resistance as it replaces the cap with a beautiful wood turned log heater.
So buy once and cry once, you will have a WS for life as it is built like a tank but looks like art!
This is hash on a bed of flower,

jjooll

Yes but it will take a while to get through a bowl compared to the VC. If I could only get the product you talk about for 95% of the time I would stick to the VC and get an induction heater and a glass wpa for your VC tip and a bong. An induction heater is a must for a VC user in my opinion as they are great..and cheap too or you can get custom wooden oned made. I have a small portable I made myself ($10+2x18650 batteries) and a SJK for home,
epid=604134254&hash=item2aa7383fc3:g:xqkAAOSw-ctbfMbA&frcectupt=true
I now only rarely use my VC as Dynavap intended as I have what I believe is the Rolls Royce of vapes...a WoodScents by Ed's TNT with a variable voltage supply, with this set up I can roast concentrates to any temp even combustion if I was a caveman and it is by far my most frugal vape. It is similar to a VC but has very little draw resistance as it replaces the cap with a beautiful wood turned log heater.
So buy once and cry once, you will have a WS for life as it is built like a tank but looks like art!
This is hash on a bed of flower,
Oh cool! Does that dental heater work just as good??
Why is induction heater so recommended? Im curious. I use a triple flame torch so it doesnt take that long time and I get good temperature. What do I miss? :D

That woodscent looked Nice but expensive.. :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Why is induction heater so recommended?
It is just easier, a one-handed operation and you don't look like a crack head with the torch lighter using it. Lighters can be a pain but also a great back up!
I would get an IH now and save up for a WS or a rosin press(or hair straightener for small amounts) and an enail. :2c:

jjooll

It is just easier, a one-handed operation and you don't look like a crack head with the torch lighter using it. Lighters can be a pain but also a great back up!
I would get an IH now and save up for a WS or a rosin press(or hair straightener for small amounts) and an enail. :2c:
I can agree on that crack head reference. Thats why I wanted a Electronic device in the first place.
But having a stationary heat up station isnt helping in public though.
Do you own that chinese dental heater? Thinking of ordering one. Thanks for your help :)

jjooll,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
One major advantage of a IH is since you don’t have to rotate the dynavap you can just hold it with your finger on the air port and just move smoothly from the IH to mouth without all that frantic searching

jjooll

Yes, I own one, but I now use it for help with rosin collection and use my homemade IH for when a nice tight mouth pull joint type experience is required.
Is it hard to make homemade heater? It doesnt feel right to buy a induction heater at ~150$

jjooll,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
No, especially if you already have 18650 batteries and a charger(these suit a lot of vapes).
Post #26 is where I build one for about $15 (plus whatever battery) with no soldering required, just a screwdriver,
I still believe the SJK IH dental job I linked above would be better for you using it all the time as it is wall powered and only about $50.

jjooll

No, especially if you already have 18650 batteries and a charger(these suit a lot of vapes).
Post #26 is where I build one for about $15 (plus whatever battery) with no soldering required, just a screwdriver,
I still believe the SJK IH dental job I linked above would be better for you using it all the time as it is wall powered and only about $50.
Yeah, I would like that dental too but I saw somewhere that I also need an adapter (glass tube) or something like that, it will cost the double for me in taxes/customs fee since I live in europe.

jjooll,

jjooll

What about a Sticky Brick?
It looks cool but Im satisfied with my vapcap when it comes to butane-vaporizer. But it seems like there is no perfect battery driven alternative for hash so maybe I'll just hold on to my money for now or maybe buy some improvements for my vapcap.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It looks cool but Im satisfied with my vapcap when it comes to butane-vaporizer. But it seems like there is no perfect battery driven alternative for hash so maybe I'll just hold on to my money for now or maybe buy some improvements for my vapcap.

just have to point out that a sticky brick is absolutely nothing like a vap cap despite both using a butane torch... Worth trying out for the instant pure convection experience.

hinglemccringleberry

I say screw trying to make hash work in a dry herb vape. Get a concentrate pen for that. There are some decent options in the 100$ range nowadays.
I think your $100 budget might be too low for the performance we'd hope for you to enjoy. Also fuck the Linx Gaia with its weak heater, short airpath, and cloggy mouthpiece. I've owned a bunch of vapes and that one was my least favorite to date.

In general those budget session portables might not have the punch you're looking for. I don't love any of the vapes in your pay-twice-as-much list either though..
For good performance at $100 its hard to beat the Alfa, but with a few caveats... it's session conduction, gotta load 0.15 or more, I have no idea how it would do with concentrates, lacks features, and tastes like conduction. But a fine grind and tight pack and the thing rips with the big boys, produces nice clouds from short draws, so it can be done at that price point. Add a MFLB glass stem for $8 and you've got a 7" long airpath and the vapor is smoother than a stock Dynavap. The vapor is potent but fairly comfortable, there are no off tastes, and it's efficient for a session vape , thats all I really care about. I'll use it till the wheels fall off.

Yeah, I think the Gaia was a great concept but the implementation was off. The Eden's heater is also lacking punch I hear. I wish there was a Tinymight style on-demand convection vape with a quartz chamber.

Linx is an ideal choice if the OP wants a concentrate-only vape. The Hypnos Zero is in that price range and he would probably love it.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
You lazy young whipper snappers! Back in my day we had a Bic, a pin, a glass, and a straw. We had to use this setup while walking 27 miles in the snow (all year long) to school and then back to the farm where we had 12 hours a day of work.

Last edited:

Kins

You load hash directly into the bowl and put the liquid pad on top of the hash? When I did that it gunked up the conduction ring and the screen above the heater. I always use the Mighty until vapor stops producing.

I always thought that the drips pads were meant for you to put the concentrate on top of them, so the drip pad absorbs the excess if you don't use too much. Otherwise your putting it directly above the oven and the drip pad isn't really gonna do anything except sit there and look pretty.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I always thought that the drips pads were meant for you to put the concentrate on top of them,
They are (unless upside down on a bong etc), also gives more surface area for the concentrate to cover then vaporize and also act as a barrier to stop oil entering your heater, this all changes when you invert the device to use on a bong.:2c:

daoist

I have the mighty and works great with hash. you can use liquid pad and put some hash on top of it.
The mighty only goes to 210 celsius but it extracts really well. i dont even pick it in smaller pieces. i just make small thin flat pancake of hash and put it on top of liquid pad. works great.

i have no comparison with other portables. i know my herborizer with double screen works very nice also but that is a desktop rig.

Kins

They are (unless upside down on a bong etc), also gives more surface area for the concentrate to cover then vaporize and also act as a barrier to stop oil entering your heater, this all changes when you invert the device to use on a bong.:2c:

I didn't think about that!.

daoist

i use the water pipe adapter on the mighty. you can knock out the screen inside the glass adapter. i just put it on top of the mighty bowl and then put the glass adapter back. if you do it like that everything will stay in the bowl even when using it up side down.
sometimes i put a herborizer whip on the mighty 14mm adapter so i get cooler vape.

daoist,

badbee

You lazy young whipper snappers! Back in my day we had a Bic, a pin, a glass, and a straw. We had to use this setup while walking 27 miles in the snow (all year long) to school and then back to the farm where we had 12 hours a day of work.
OK, what was the glass for? I remember those days, hash off the end of a pin, camping, in the rain. What a pain in the ass that was :) Most of the time we just had the Bic, the safety pin and a rolled up one dollar bill.

badbee,

Gigsabits53

just have to point out that a sticky brick is absolutely nothing like a vap cap despite both using a butane torch... Worth trying out for the instant pure convection experience.
Agree with this completely. I have never done hash in my brick but I would think it would be perfect for it. The vapcap or Lotus a close 2nd. I dont know if the performance would be there in an electronic portable. Maybe, but my choice would be one of the three I listed.

Top Bottom