Choosing a washing machine for bubble hash

tgvp

Hi!
I'm currently planning on moving one step further on my path toward cannabic bliss by trying some live rosin (and why not some full melt if possible). But unfortunately, it's not something I can find in the corner shop... So, I will have to take matters in my own hands.
I bought filtration bags and was waiting for weather to get cold enough to start paddling with my big wooden spoon in an icy ocean of frozen green stuff but I suddendly remembered the very long minutes of mixing in that big bucket back in the old days when friends just had too much of a harvest and we were experimenting for fun, trying to produce some hash...
Well, now I decided I want to use one of those camping washing machines (as seen in many YouTube tutorials ), but don't know what to buy. There are hundreds of model, many looking quite similar in design but I don't to which details I should pay attention . At one point I nearly bought some working by "ultrasonic vibration" before realizing I never read about anyone using that kind of stuff and it made me wonder if there is anything I should be looking for. I can see some of those machine use some kind of a basket rotating inside the bucket and others have multiple dials and buttons (for speed?).
So before buying anything that may end up being totally useless (I have no plan of washing my clothes in a camping), I decided to get some experts insight. What should I be looking for when choosing a washing machine for bubble hash?

Thx

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I have the exact same machine as above but with slightly different dials.
Look for something similar (avoid ones with a 'bubble' sticker slapped on as they cost double for the privilege.

It's a massive time saver. Assume you understand how to use your bubble bags etc?

Good luck. It's great fun and very rewarding.

Edit. I've also bought a work top ice making machine which is invaluable for bubble and frozen margaritas.

tgvp

I used this one in the past when I was able to have enough to make concentrates. https://www.amazon.com/SUPER-DEAL-C...mzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685
That's exactly the kind of machine I was checking, with the basket and all, perfect, thx
avoid ones with a 'bubble' sticker slapped on as they cost double for the privilege.
Yeah, I realized that while browsing 😂

I have so much fun experimenting on that stuff, doing comparative testing, tasting stuff and presenting my results to friends. So lucky I'm I to live in a country where it's not legal (yet), I would be so lazy otherwise 😉

Hippie

Look for one that has a smooth outlet hose (or one that's easy to change the hose) as trichomes will get caught in the folds of the standard flexi hose that most of them have.

Hippie,
Reactions: tgvp

Farid

What kind of weight are you planning to run?

For personal use I'd go with dry sift over bubble, since the lower yields wouldn't matter as much. It's also requires a much lower investment and you don't need to worry about drying, and bulky equipment.

Farid,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I used this one in the past when I was able to have enough to make concentrates. https://www.amazon.com/SUPER-DEAL-C...mzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685
Edit. I've also bought a work top ice making machine which is invaluable for bubble and frozen margaritas.
Which ice machine did you go with, I got lost in options like cube shapes or cones etc.
ook for one that has a smooth outlet hose (or one that's easy to change the hose) as trichomes will get caught in the folds of the standard flexi hose that most of them have
I had a ribbed hose that I had to swap out, I could not find a smooth bore!

LesPlenty,

tgvp

yi. The basket is for spin drying clothes. You won't need/use when making bubble.
Ok, some pics showed them on vendors and some didn't and I wondered if it was what was supposed to move de water around.
About the hose, that was one of the first things I planned to do, I even have already bought the replacement hose, before the machine 😂
What kind of weight are you planning to run?
in the beginning , quite small, it will be a plant at a time, cause I want to skill up. Then, I plan to do more with friends harvests, cause my long running plan is to push people around here to improve their quality standards. And maybe one day in a bright future, everybody would quite smoking and only vape top shelf concentrates. Or at least I wouldn't be looked up as the mad stoner scientist anymore 😉

LesPlenty

Company Rep

mistressofvape

Ooh, now I want an ice maker too! But I have one in my freezer and a big chest freezer in the basement so it's really just a matter of making my own ice ahead of time, I guess.

My washing machine looks similar to the one posted but it's the KUPPET brand.

mistressofvape,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom