1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

China VapCap Clone

Discussion in 'Counterfeit Vaporizers' started by Hackerman, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

I only had a few minutes tonight but I wanted to give something to look at. Pics are not great but I will take them apart tomorrow and get some better shots. So far, the body and tip don't look that different.

Either I have my tips mixed up or they copied a 2016 body with a 2018 tip.

Which tip is the M17 and which is the M18?

More to come tomorrow.

If anyone has any requests like weight or thickness measurements, feel free to post your request and I'll do my best to accommodate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I'd like to remind everyone that links to the counterfeit site are not permitted.

:peace:

Andy Capp, Jill NYC, paehtod and 5 others like this.
  3. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Crap! They got damn close.
    The logo on there really pisses me off.

Any cap pics?

4. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

They've done a good job by the looks of it... what's the cap/ccd like??

I'd have major concerns using it, not knowing what metal/o ring material is etc, but it certainly looks convincing enough...

:tup:

Also looks like the first fin on the tip is the same dia as the rest..??

almost there likes this.
  5. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Nice find,lol.. How do they perform compared to the originals ? :)
    Edited:
    LOL ,i just heard back from someone ,saying those clones dont Click.. ,that is hilarious,at least they can do as stems :).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  6. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

How about the cap? Do they "click" ? Shame to see these counterfeit coming out.

7. stark1

stark1 a Day in the life

Are all three knockoffs?

2016? You mean 2017, Lad?

You seem to have neglected the essence of what makes a VapCap click?

The Cap?

Thanks for your pixs, more to come? Thanks for taking a click for the team, Buckeye! :tup::clap:

PS a side by side comparison of the real McCoy, and the knockoff, would be instructive.

8. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Does it click?

9. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Idk I kinda want one

Did it come capless @Hackerman

10. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

Thanks for this. Very interesting. How was their attempt at the cap? Does the condenser look the same?

11. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

OK... here are some more pics.

I was saving the big laugh for last but you all guessed it.... they forgot the TRUFLEX. LMAO

The pics above are as follows.... clone is in the middle. Real VapCaps are on the 2 ends.

Pics below: The clean tip is the clone. The used one is my genuine.

These look like damn near exact clones. I can't believe the little crafty devils forgot the click. LMAO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  12. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics dude

That CCD doesn't look it'll last many minutes.

Do you have a Geiger counter per chance?
    It might click then :)

stark1, Gray Area and Summer like this.
  13. stark1

stark1 a Day in the life

You are so funny, @Hippie!

Look ma, no clicks! That’s hilarious. Unless, of course, as an added bonus, everything is clicking....

Watt a bomb. :horse:

Back to the punch.:bigleaf:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  14. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Well-Known Member

The thickness of the bowl also looks different, would probably have an effect on the temp. The o rings look dirty, I'd feel iffy about using it...

But it's interesting to see that the VC's have gotten their interest. It's a (cursed) compliment in a way. I don't know why someone who wants to do things in a more healthy way would go for a knock off, but then again, I met once someone who had a Chinese Mighty, coz he didn't see himself paying the full price.

Question for further testing: Would it work with a DV cap? Would it be possible to measure the temps in the chamber?

Other things I would be curious about, just for science, not coz I want to get one (already have more DV's originals than I can use at one time):
    - Weight as compared to a real VC
    - Metal composition
    - Aside form the mouth piece, and the 2018 tip on the 2017 body, and the details on the tip, how can people (some of which have never seen a VC live before) be warned about replicas? If it don't kick, it ain't it?

V4M

15. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Gonna be a lot of cheapskates combusting their 'erb :leaf:

VaporWare and Squiby like this.
  16. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

I did some testing last night. I did wipe it before using it but the Q-tip was totally clean so I was not too worried about oil or shop residue.

First I put a regular DynaVap cap on it and tested it. Worked fine. Clicked properly and I didn't notice any difference from the original.

I also tried it with the 'no click' cap and it worked great. Actually a little better than the real cap. Probably because the clone cap is much thicker and heated faster (in the induction heater) and held the heat longer. Since I am familiar with my VapCap and my Induction Heater, I was able to use the clone cap quite successfully even without a click. I almost never wait for a cool down click with using my real VC anyway so this is not totally new to me.

Seems like they work just fine. Still, I don't believe they will ever sell them without the proper cap. Other than a few here and there like they sold to me. Retailers won't buy them without the cap (IMO). And, I'll bet George will be looking real hard at orders for 500 caps and no bodies. LMAO

I have a clam bake tonight and I am also playing there so I need to get over there this afternoon and setup. Then, I will be there all night. So, I may not get to any more info until tomorrow. I will weigh each piece and compare with my originals first chance I get.

17. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

Thanks for the nice write-up! Looks like they are off the site, wonder if DynaVap legal got involved.

Squiby and Ricardo like this.
  18. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

I took some weights today.

The clone cap is way thicker than the Dynavap and I believe it is different alloy of stainless. The clone cap looks like brushed stainless. The DV cap does not look like the same alloy. I'm not sure. But, the metal looks very different.

The clone cap weighs 1.491g. The Dynavap cap weighs 0.803g

The tips look very similar and I took some measurements with the micrometer and almost everything is exactly the same. The clone cooling fins seem to be a little beefier.

The clone tip (with O-rings) weighs 5.899g. The Dynavap tip weighs 5.649g

OK, I have to stop here. LOL At this point, I went back to weigh the rest of the parts and I realized I didn't know which body was the OG and which was the clone. The mic showed several differences and when I replaced the tips into the body, they fit real nice one way and they other way, neither fit real well, So, I THINK I know which is the OG and which is the clone. However, with that said, I will show the weights but I am not 100% sure which is which. Crafty little devils sure made a good copy. There is no way I can tell which is which. So, with that said.....

One body weighed 11.755 grams. I believe this was the clone. The other weighed 11.035. I believe that is the Dynavap. I say that because I recall the original pics looking like the clone was a tiny bit beefier.

One confessor (without O-rings) weighs 2.036g and the other wieghs 1.778g.

One set of O-rings weighs 0.137 and the other set weighs 0.119

Re-assembled (I THINK correctly) one complete M weighs 19.319g and the other weighs 19.118g.

Sorry about the mix up. I should have the actual China samples next week.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors